• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dangerous Times: Two Great Fissures in the Global Jihad

Rawlings

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
August 10, 2013
By James Lewis
American Thinker

Excerpt:

The great divisions are between religious sects that have hated each other for 13 centuries. Liberals can't imagine that, because they think religion is dead. But Europe's political parties are still split by ancient religious differences going back to the Reformation. Just because liberal atheists cannot imagine religious war, religious warriors can still imagine atheists. Atheists deserve death by Shari'ah law, while Christians and Jews only deserve misery and oppression.

. . . Because of the suicidal stupidity of Western liberals, reactionary Muslims who oppress and kill women have been raised to power in Europe, America, and the Middle East. This is ignorant and suicidal, and ordinary people are finally beginning to understand the malignant perversity of their corrupt political elites.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/08/dangerous_times_two_great_fissures_in_the_global_jihad.html

. . . Because of the suicidal stupidity of Western liberals, reactionary Muslims who oppress and kill women have been raised to power in Europe, America, and the Middle East. This is ignorant and suicidal, and ordinary people are finally beginning to understand the malignant perversity of their corrupt political elites.

Going by this link (Muslims in European Politics | Euro-Islam: News and Analysis on Islam in Europe and North America) 13 muslims were elected into the European Parliament out of a total of 766 MEP's and 2 of which are secular and another converted to Christianity during his time in office. 2 were born outside of the EU and the 13 only came from 6 countries. At least 5 of the 13 are women.

Please go look at facts (that's not your opinion) quote the source and then tell me how 13 muslims elected in free and fair elections (therefore by the people) "oppress and kill women".

Its kind of ironic. They hold more seats than the libertarians.

Going by this link (Muslims in European Politics | Euro-Islam: News and Analysis on Islam in Europe and North America) 13 muslims were elected into the European Parliament out of a total of 766 MEP's and 2 of which are secular and another converted to Christianity during his time in office. 2 were born outside of the EU and the 13 only came from 6 countries. At least 5 of the 13 are women.

Please go look at facts (that's not your opinion) quote the source and then tell me how 13 muslims elected in free and fair elections (therefore by the people) "oppress and kill women".

The author is speaking in general and about the general attitude of the leftist.

Its kind of ironic. They hold more seats than the libertarians.

Untitled-1.png

The author is speaking in general and about the general attitude of the leftist.

The author may be right in that people on the left do tolerate extremism more than is needed however he also states incorrect figures and opinion. It is not the greatest article ive ever seen.

One cold night, as an Arab sat in his tent, a camel gently thrust his nose under the flap and looked in. "Master," he said, "let me put my nose in your tent. It's cold and stormy out here." "By all means," said the Arab, "and welcome" as he turned over and went to sleep.

A little later the Arab awoke to find that the camel had not only put his nose in the tent but his head and neck also. The camel, who had been turning his head from side to side, said, "I will take but little more room if I place my forelegs within the tent. It is difficult standing out here." "Yes, you may put your forelegs within," said the Arab, moving a little to make room, for the tent was small.

Finally, the camel said, "May I not stand wholly inside? I keep the tent open by standing as I do." "Yes, yes," said the Arab. "Come wholly inside. Perhaps it will be better for both of us." So the camel crowded in. The Arab with difficulty in the crowded quarters again went to sleep. When he woke up the next time, he was outside in the cold and the camel had the tent to himself.

dont let them even get a foot hold dont let them even stick their nose in the tent

One cold night, as an Arab sat in his tent, a camel gently thrust his nose under the flap and looked in. "Master," he said, "let me put my nose in your tent. It's cold and stormy out here." "By all means," said the Arab, "and welcome" as he turned over and went to sleep.

A little later the Arab awoke to find that the camel had not only put his nose in the tent but his head and neck also. The camel, who had been turning his head from side to side, said, "I will take but little more room if I place my forelegs within the tent. It is difficult standing out here." "Yes, you may put your forelegs within," said the Arab, moving a little to make room, for the tent was small.

Finally, the camel said, "May I not stand wholly inside? I keep the tent open by standing as I do." "Yes, yes," said the Arab. "Come wholly inside. Perhaps it will be better for both of us." So the camel crowded in. The Arab with difficulty in the crowded quarters again went to sleep. When he woke up the next time, he was outside in the cold and the camel had the tent to himself.

dont let them even get a foot hold dont let them even stick their nose in the tent

Sorry I have completely missed the point of that post :lol:

Muslims are not an evil monolith. They just aren't. I know lots of Muslims and they are just as varied as Christians, whites, Americans. There are a lot of cultural customs that are very off-putting to westerners, but that should not mean Muslims should be demonized as lunatics. Here was my first real eye opening experience to that.

At university, I enrolled in a class on Middle Eastern politics. It was a night class that was taught by someone from Lebanon originally who had a distinguished career in service of the US and was brought in as a high-paid visiting adjunct to teach a few classes over a year. The class was originally slightly more Muslim, non Americans by birth than we white folks. By half way through, most of the native-born Americans, white and black, had dropped so it was me, another white American woman, and a ton of foreign born Muslims.

One class we were discussing some things about Libya and Egypt, and it ended up getting to what most westerners/Americans would consider out of control. The Muslims students were yelling and screaming at each other, waving their arms hysterically, mocking each other, etc and the professor was egging it on. He then realized it was totally freaking the party of two out and he stopped and said, "Don't worry. It is all fine. This is just how we discuss things." This went on awhile, but the damnedest thing was once the debate was concluded, it was concluded. There were no amped up hard feelings among the students and they just went back to socializing like normal. What most Americans would have considered a near knock down argument from which they would have either thrown fists or left pissed as hell was no big thing to them.

Anyway, why the intellectual stuff gets shaped in a lot of ways, that cultural experience was enlightening, and surely served me later in dealing with Muslims when they are ranting and raving about something. It isn't as personal and inflexible as it would seem if Billy Ray Bob were acting like that.

Sorry I have completely missed the point of that post :lol:

you mocked the OP for it only being 13 Muslims how many will it be tomorrow. you figure it out

you mocked the OP for it only being 13 Muslims how many will it be tomorrow. you figure it out

I get it now.

However not all of those muslims will be radical extremist and woman hating. A minority will be yes, however not all of them are or will be.

I get it now.

However not all of those muslims will be radical extremist and woman hating. A minority will be yes, however not all of them are or will be.
A minority of bullies can take control of the majority

A minority of bullies can take control of the majority

However quite a few of that majority will resist the coercion of the minority. That's my prediction anyway.

Muslims are not an evil monolith. They just aren't. I know lots of Muslims and they are just as varied as Christians, whites, Americans. There are a lot of cultural customs that are very off-putting to westerners, but that should not mean Muslims should be demonized as lunatics. Here was my first real eye opening experience to that.

At university, I enrolled in a class on Middle Eastern politics. It was a night class that was taught by someone from Lebanon originally who had a distinguished career in service of the US and was brought in as a high-paid visiting adjunct to teach a few classes over a year. The class was originally slightly more Muslim, non Americans by birth than we white folks. By half way through, most of the native-born Americans, white and black, had dropped so it was me, another white American woman, and a ton of foreign born Muslims.

One class we were discussing some things about Libya and Egypt, and it ended up getting to what most westerners/Americans would consider out of control. The Muslims students were yelling and screaming at each other, waving their arms hysterically, mocking each other, etc and the professor was egging it on. He then realized it was totally freaking the party of two out and he stopped and said, "Don't worry. It is all fine. This is just how we discuss things." This went on awhile, but the damnedest thing was once the debate was concluded, it was concluded. There were no amped up hard feelings among the students and they just went back to socializing like normal. What most Americans would have considered a near knock down argument from which they would have either thrown fists or left pissed as hell was no big thing to them.

Anyway, why the intellectual stuff gets shaped in a lot of ways, that cultural experience was enlightening, and surely served me later in dealing with Muslims when they are ranting and raving about something. It isn't as personal and inflexible as it would seem if Billy Ray Bob were acting like that.

Islam is an utterly depraved and tyrannical system of thought; leftists in general and this silly administration in particular are clueless about the international realities of Islam.

Just outside the US? Based on the 1% response in the national elections, zero congressmen, zero senators and maybe a few state legislative seats - I'd say its dead in the US too - just don't tell them here on the forums they think they are about to defeat Hillary with some extreme member in the next presidential election.

You do know Libertarianism outside of the U.S. is dead right?

Just outside the US? Based on the 1% response in the national elections, zero congressmen, zero senators and maybe a few state legislative seats - I'd say its dead in the US too - just don't tell them here on the forums they think they are about to defeat Hillary with some extreme member in the next presidential election.

No it's just that there are Americans who identify as Libertarians (many on this forum) and you have a successful (comparatively) Libertarian Party.

Islam is an utterly depraved and tyrannical system of thought; leftists in general and this silly administration in particular are clueless about the international realities of Islam.

No it isn't and this administration is doing nothing different than all the ones before it did. That they will get no better a result is the fault of our policies, not Islam.

Successfull? Really?

1% of the national vote in presidential elections
NO US Senators
NO US Congressman
A handful, if that, state legislative seats,

Their agenda is not taken seriously by the majority it is irrelevant.

No it's just that there are Americans who identify as Libertarians (many on this forum) and you have a successful (comparatively) Libertarian Party.

Successfull? Really?

1% of the national vote in presidential elections
NO US Senators
NO US Congressman
A handful, if that, state legislative seats,

Their agenda is not taken seriously by the majority it is irrelevant.

That's more successful than the Libertarians here who get less than 1% and nothing else. Americans also don't write them off as people who belong in the looney bin.

An opinion, but soverign citizen libertarians, those who think police / fire are govt intrusions, and no standing army should exist in America are largely considered loons here.

That's more successful than the Libertarians here who get less than 1% and nothing else. Americans also don't write them off as people who belong in the looney bin.

Back
Top Bottom