• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dancing FBI agent pleads guilty to accidentally shooting Denver bar patron

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ally-shooting-denver-bar-patron-idUSKCN1OL00P

DENVER (Reuters) - An ex-FBI agent who accidentally shot and wounded a Denver bar patron in June after performing a dance-floor back flip pleaded guilty on Friday to misdemeanor assault under a plea deal that spares him from serving jail time, prosecutors said.

Chase Bishop, 30, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in Denver District Court for shooting Thomas Reddington in the leg at the Mile High Spirits and Distillery, prosecutors said in a statement.
======================================
Cop a plea & cop a career at age 30. I think the FBI is better off without this guy.

TOP DEFINITION
cop
to get, receive, purchase, steal, or have

Good, what a dumbass.

Good, what a dumbass.

Goodness, I think this is the first time an avowed conservative has agreed with something I posted. Must be the phases of the Moon. (pun intended)

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ally-shooting-denver-bar-patron-idUSKCN1OL00P

DENVER (Reuters) - An ex-FBI agent who accidentally shot and wounded a Denver bar patron in June after performing a dance-floor back flip pleaded guilty on Friday to misdemeanor assault under a plea deal that spares him from serving jail time, prosecutors said.

Chase Bishop, 30, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in Denver District Court for shooting Thomas Reddington in the leg at the Mile High Spirits and Distillery, prosecutors said in a statement.
======================================
Cop a plea & cop a career at age 30. I think the FBI is better off without this guy.

TOP DEFINITION
cop
to get, receive, purchase, steal, or have

He's a dumbass, but I would wager since the guy who got shot is most likely going to get a helluva settlement from the FBI and is alive I don't see why this ex-FBI agent (thank goodness on the ex part) should receive jail time.

Yeah, I’m good with this. The victim will be compensated, and the offender, who had no ill intent, never serves in law enforcement again.

Yeah, I’m good with this. The victim will be compensated, and the offender, who had no ill intent, never serves in law enforcement again.

They could have hit him with more serious crimes, like reckless endangerment, reckless disregard, etc.

Further proof that the modern FBI hires the best & the brightest folks out there.

Back
Top Bottom