• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dan Rather or Glenn Beck, Who's the liar?

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
People who think Glenn Beck can be on television night after night for years and tell nothing but lies are either liars themselves or just stupid dupes of the left wing media. A real liar was Dan Rather who pushed a phony story about George Bush. He got his ass canned in no time. :)2wave: Dan )

You're right, 'cause a liberal hack got caught lying means a conservative hack doesn't lie.

What, another no news day "down unda"? I'm shocked. :shock:

With the amount of money George Soros has put into trying to destroy Glenn Beck, Beck doesn't stand a chance in the world of getting away with one single lie.

"News journalists" like Rather lie all the time. Rather's problem was that he just kept tellling the same lie over and over until he couldn't be over looked any more, not even by ultra liberal CBS. Every dog needs to recognize when there's no meat on a bone and let it go. Chewing on it just because it feels good is stupid.

Last edited:
You're right, 'cause a liberal hack got caught lying means a conservative hack doesn't lie.

no, what it means is that anyone who pushes a major story about a major public figure that is falsified will - in today's media age - quickly be exposed and the network will have to fire them out of self-defense.

if Glen Beck was really just making stuff up, he would be exposed and canned. as it is, all MediaMatters & Co. can do is froth at the mouth.

no, what it means is that anyone who pushes a major story about a major public figure that is falsified will - in today's media age - quickly be exposed and the network will have to fire them out of self-defense.

if Glen Beck was really just making stuff up, he would be exposed and canned. as it is, all MediaMatters & Co. can do is froth at the mouth.

Beck works for the "news" network that sued so they can lie.

Jane Akre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's pretty weird that you're defending Olbermann, Schultz, and Maddow here. Apparently you think that they are very honest people. I find that hard to believe but whatever you say...

People who think Glenn Beck can be on television night after night for years and tell nothing but lies are either liars themselves or just stupid dupes of the left wing media. A real liar was Dan Rather who pushed a phony story about George Bush. He got his ass canned in no time. :)2wave: Dan )
Rather didn't lie, the documents he had were false, but the story is true.

Rather didn't lie, the documents he had were false, but the story is true.
His story had a high degree of truthiness, in other words. :lamo

See here is the rub,

for a newscaster or a reporter credibility and truth is essential - this is what drives viewership and makes their network money, and even the slightest tinge of a falsehood, distortion or a bias is anathema to their profession.

for an opinionated talking head these standards do not apply, reinforcement of a pre-existing point of view is what drives their viewership and makes their network money, falsehoods, distortions and biases are tools to increase ratings for them, and essential to their profession

The integrity requirements for their respective jobs are not even remotely comparable

Last edited:
stillwaiting on any of that 'evidence'.....

...you know, like the kind that sunk rather....

Time for Beck to come on. Why don't all you libs run along and turn the TV on. Watch him for once instead of taking Media matters word for everything.

Beck is so full of **** it hurts to watch him. Even his mannerisms and tone conveys: "I'm full of **** you fools stop believing all the crap I tell you, hahah I'm rich bitch".

I did flip him on this week while sick at home, right after I watched Iron Man 2 on pay per view and was channel surfing.
I felt that renewed pang of shame that people actually watch him and believe that stuff. He's a freaking entertainer, he's like those old televangelists, he's just preaching conservatism.

His self admitted, truthful goal, is to build a successful media empire. He's done really well at this, he's a star in that competition. And it has nothing to do with gathering, analyzing, or conveying, truths about american government or society.

I like Beck from a respect of success, hard work perspective. The guy went for it and got it, and just keeps on running it. That's an american achievement. But his method of fooling people intentionally....

Last edited:
That's the difference between FauxNews and the other major news outlets. You lie on the other news outlets and you are canned. You lie on the FauxNews Channel and you are just part of the FauxNews team.

Beck works for the "news" network that sued so they can lie.

Jane Akre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How come you forgot to mention their law suit was over turned because:

In setting the jury verdict aside, the appeals court ruled that in order to be protected by Florida’s Whistleblower Act, the alleged misconduct must violate a written law. The court said the FCC’s prohibition against news distortion is merely a policy. Boy does that policy take a beating. It looks like the previous work record of both Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are at best, checkered. She was fired for some undisclosed reason from a Tampa Television station before she moved on to WVTV. Besides, WVTV was a Fox affiliate not FOXNEWS. Try watching Beck on an affiliate. How exactly does this pertain to Glenn Beck anyway? He never claims to be a news journalist. He only gives his opinion. As he always says, "Don't take my word for it. Do your own research".

Last edited:
How come you forgot to mention their law suit was over turned because:

In setting the jury verdict aside, the appeals court ruled that in order to be protected by Florida’s Whistleblower Act, the alleged misconduct must violate a written law. The court said the FCC’s prohibition against news distortion is merely a policy. Boy does that policy take a beating. It looks like the previous work record of both Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are at best, checkered. She was fired for some undisclosed reason from a Tampa Television station before she moved on to WVTV. Besides, WVTV was a Fox affiliate not FOXNEWS. Try watching Beck on an affiliate. How exactly does this pertain to Glenn Beck anyway? He never claims to be a news journalist. He only gives his opinion. As he always says, "Don't take my word for it. Do your own research".

Err that was my point Fox News sued so they could lie.

That's rich. :lamo

Oh, yes. Another inciteful well thought out rebuttal. I'll bet you must have been a debate team captain. Well, I'll see your "That's rich" and raise you an "Oh Yeah?". :2wave:

Beck is so full of **** it hurts to watch him. Even his mannerisms and tone conveys: "I'm full of **** you fools stop believing all the crap I tell you, hahah I'm rich bitch".

I did flip him on this week while sick at home, right after I watched Iron Man 2 on pay per view and was channel surfing.
I felt that renewed pang of shame that people actually watch him and believe that stuff. He's a freaking entertainer, he's like those old televangelists, he's just preaching conservatism.

His self admitted, truthful goal, is to build a successful media empire. He's done really well at this, he's a star in that competition. And it has nothing to do with gathering, analyzing, or conveying, truths about american government or society.

I like Beck from a respect of success, hard work perspective. The guy went for it and got it, and just keeps on running it. That's an american achievement. But his method of fooling people intentionally....

That's the difference between FauxNews and the other major news outlets. You lie on the other news outlets and you are canned. You lie on the FauxNews Channel and you are just part of the FauxNews team.

still waiting on that "evidence"...... :)

Back
Top Bottom