• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dan Bongino on how Atlanta officers handled Rayshard Brooks case:'There was a bad and a worse option

You do know he was parked at a Wendy's and was sleeping.

Am pretty certain he didn't drive to a Wendy's and start drinking in the parking lot. So he probably did drive there drunk. But there is no way to prove either at this point.

I don't know the legality of being drunk in a parked vehicle on private property.

I do know by the pictures that is a very busy city area and one would think shooting a firearm brings along the potential for a bullet hitting a bystander.

What made this confrontation escalate has not been shown yet.

You do know police were called to the scene.
He was blocking the drive-thru so employees called police.
If you are in a vehicle drunk and the police stop you that is an arrest. Once they determine you are unable to drive they will detain you.
He made it worse by resisting and grabbing a weapon he point at the officer.

Yea, entirely avoidable:
Don’t respond to 911 call
Respond to call but don’t approach the criminal, just go inside and order a burger
Let him drive off drunk.
Let him run off with your laser gun and maybe offer him your handgun.

FFS, your post is absurd.

You do know police were called to the scene.
He was blocking the drive-thru so employees called police.
If you are in a vehicle drunk and the police stop you that is an arrest. Once they determine you are unable to drive they will detain you.
He made it worse by resisting and grabbing a weapon he point at the officer.

The legality part of sitting in a vehicle drunk on private property is what I don't know. I guess he would definitely be intoxicated in public but go to any tavern on a Saturday night and start writing tickets.

It was stupid for him to try and get away. Very stupid in that they already knew who he was and frisked him. Plus they had his car.

But deciding to shoot to kill in a highly populated area is what I have a problem with. It did not warrant such a response.

Often police will call off a high speed car chase in order to avoid any possible injury to the public. I do not think the public's safety was considered.

The legality part of sitting in a vehicle drunk on private property is what I don't know. I guess he would definitely be intoxicated in public but go to any tavern on a Saturday night and start writing tickets.

It was stupid for him to try and get away. Very stupid in that they already knew who he was and frisked him. Plus they had his car.

But deciding to shoot to kill in a highly populated area is what I have a problem with. It did not warrant such a response.

Often police will call off a high speed car chase in order to avoid any possible injury to the public. I do not think the public's safety was considered.

He was behind the wheel of a vehicle. That is a DUI arrest.
But he racked up the felonies when he resisted arrest and shot the officer with a taser.

Back
Top Bottom