• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Damned liberals

we need a poll.

a poll for republicans only to see first: who has the guts to answer and second: to see who here (including their families, in-laws, grandparents, etc) have benefitted from all the things listed in the OP (and more).

you'd have to word it correctly though.

btw, you won't see Fox mention stuff like what's in the OP on their shows. it goes against their brainwashing agenda.

btw, you won't see Fox mention stuff like what's in the OP on their shows. it goes against their brainwashing agenda.
But they will air constant criticisms of it - Medicare Fraud! Social Security going bnkrupt!

Solutions? Are you crazy. Republicans only know how to point out problems with democrats, they have no idea of how to actually govern.

They want everyone to know how awful and evil government is, and they really really want permanent control of it, so they can fulfill those warnings by making it even more evil.

But they will air constant criticisms of it - Medicare Fraud! Social Security going bnkrupt!
Fox sells fear and hatred, it's what they do. None of this is the fault of republicans or their policies, whatever is wrong with america, it's all the fault of the dems.

Lol, yeah but. We can always count on someone from the right stepping in to set us all straight about all the other problems the dems haven't fixed, even and especially the ones the republicans themselves create like voting against a fifteen an hour minimum wage or healthcare for all. Rising rent, inflation, home costs, trade deficits, debt, all mostly caused by greed from the top not the working class which is the vast majority of americans.
Simply making our Federal government the largest charitable organization doesn't solve any problems, and probably is the primary source of most every problem, rising costs of nearly need, inflation, trade deficits, debt, and growing wealth/wage gap.

Fox sells fear and hatred, it's what they do. None of this is the fault of republicans or their policies, whatever is wrong with america, it's all the fault of the dems.
Damn liberty!

Because the right's idea of a solution is repeal and replace, without the replacement part.
Some things probably should simply be repealed without replacement.

"A day in the Life of Sue Republican.

Sue gets up at 6 a.m. and fills her coffeepot with water to prepare her morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With her first swallow of coffee, she takes her daily medication. Her medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of her medications are paid for by her employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Sue gets it too.

She prepares her morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Sue's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the shower, Sue reaches for her shampoo. Her bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for her right to know what she was putting on her body and how much it contained.

Sue dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air she breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

She walks to the subway station for her government-subsidized ride to work. It saves her considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Sue begins her work day. She has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Sue's employer pays these standards because Sue's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Sue is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, she'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think she should lose her home because of her temporary misfortune.

It's noon and Sue needs to make a bank deposit so she can pay some bills. Sue's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Sue's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Sue has to pay her Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and her below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Sue and the government would be better off if she was educated and earned more money over her lifetime.

Sue is home from work. She plans to visit her father this evening at his farm home in the country. She gets in her car for the drive. Her car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards.

She arrives at her childhood home. Her generation was the third to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

She is happy to see her father, who is now retired. Her father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Sue wouldn't have to.

Sue gets back in her car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Sue enjoys throughout her day. Sue agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm self-made and believe everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

This is an old post that makes its way around every so often.

Never is a reasonably rebutted by the hard right. And now with the curse of Trumpism, lol 😆, who know what craziness we will hear.

Some things probably should simply be repealed without replacement.
You think the ACA should be repealed? I don't think sane people who aren't terribly corrupt think it should.

Simply making our Federal government the largest charitable organization doesn't solve any problems, and probably is the primary source of most every problem, rising costs of nearly need, inflation, trade deficits, debt, and growing wealth/wage gap.

Government is not the problem (it could become a problem but it's not now). Plutocracy is the problem. Plutocracy that pays for a massive propaganda operation to misinform people not to understand the issue. The cause of the debt and wealth gap is the wealthy buying government and getting massive tax cuts for the rich and corporations.

"A day in the Life of Sue Republican.

Sue gets up at 6 a.m. and fills her coffeepot with water to prepare her morning coffee. The water is clean and good because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With her first swallow of coffee, she takes her daily medication. Her medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of her medications are paid for by her employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Sue gets it too.

She prepares her morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Sue's bacon is safe to eat because some girly-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the shower, Sue reaches for her shampoo. Her bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for her right to know what she was putting on her body and how much it contained.

Sue dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air she breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

She walks to the subway station for her government-subsidized ride to work. It saves her considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor.

Sue begins her work day. She has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards. Sue's employer pays these standards because Sue's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union.

If Sue is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, she'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think she should lose her home because of her temporary misfortune.

It's noon and Sue needs to make a bank deposit so she can pay some bills. Sue's deposit is federally insured by the FSLIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Sue's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Sue has to pay her Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and her below-market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Sue and the government would be better off if she was educated and earned more money over her lifetime.

Sue is home from work. She plans to visit her father this evening at his farm home in the country. She gets in her car for the drive. Her car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards.

She arrives at her childhood home. Her generation was the third to live in the house financed by Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big-government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

She is happy to see her father, who is now retired. Her father lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine-drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Sue wouldn't have to.

Sue gets back in her car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Sue enjoys throughout her day. Sue agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm self-made and believe everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."
;)(y)

Is Sue one of these brain-dead Trump supporters who's so punchy that when a doctor holds up two fingers and asks, "How many fingers do you see" she responded, "Thursday." Someone is holding up a sign "Hands off my Medicare". Someone should tell Sue if Trump is reelected he'll get rid of Obamacare AND Medicare and leave her and all seniors with no coverage at all.

I get up in the morning to make coffee that cost me more because of inflation. That's if I can find any because of shortages. I also fix Juniors bottle before work, that's if I can find any, because there's a formula shortage of that too. I get in my car for work paying nearly twice what I do now. Thanks liberals.

... all mostly caused by greed from the top not the working class which is the vast majority of americans.

The majority of Americans do not see themselves as working class. The definition "can't quit work on a whim" may define them so for you, but they think of themselves as Middle Class because they can still afford luxuries. That they often hold big debts and would objectively be better off if they paid those down instead of buying nice things, is not for you or I to criticize. They like the feeling that they're doing OK for now and that's the essence of identifying as Middle Class.

If they have even average luck in their careers and in the housing market, they will end up objectively wealthy. So that's another reason not to look down on the middle class. If you're ever going to get serious about taxing wealth, you want the middle class to remember what government did for them, back when they were putting their kids through school or college, and bearing the stress of jobs they couldn't quit.

I get up in the morning to make coffee that cost me more because of inflation. That's if I can find any because of shortages. I also fix Juniors bottle before work, that's if I can find any, because there's a formula shortage of that too. I get in my car for work paying nearly twice what I do now. Thanks liberals.

PART OF the inflation might be the Democrats' fault, though more by omission than commission: they didn't see it coming despite very high GDP growth.

Not sure how you blame anyone but capitalists for the shortage of baby formula though. Would you like the US to send the Navy to seize some?

Sue seems to be about this well informed.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-31-at-1.36.10-PM-e1541007441807.png
Fictitious Sue is receiving a much coveted golden MAGA in absentia for her colossal efforts on the MAGAsphere's behalf:

MAGA

You are not!

MAGA.

Last edited:
But when are those liberals going to do something about our growing Federal, State, local government

Well, growing local government makes sense, as the population increases, the issues grow accordingly, and as such require more people to provide even basic services. That extrapolates over the nation to the state and federal level.

and individual growing debts,

Personal debt started its astronomical rise under Ronald Reagan. It was his time in office during which personal debt and peoples willingness to, as Wilma Flintstone would say, "Charge it!!" started to explode in order for people to acquire the niceties of life.

inflation, rising rent and/or home costs, trade deficits, etc., etc., etc.?

All of these things also started to explode under Patron Saint Ronaldus Magnus. Whats going on now is merely an extension of that shit.

Well, growing local government makes sense, as the population increases, the issues grow accordingly, and as such require more people to provide even basic services. That extrapolates over the nation to the state and federal level.

Personal debt started its astronomical rise under Ronald Reagan. It was his time in office during which personal debt and peoples willingness to, as Wilma Flintstone would say, "Charge it!!" started to explode in order for people to acquire the niceties of life.

All of these things also started to explode under Patron Saint Ronaldus Magnus. Whats going on now is merely an extension of that shit.
And all of that was a result of Wilson.

Wait... I'm getting the vibe this thread isn't as advertised since there does not seem to be a lot of liberal damning going on.

Is it my imagination?

MAGA.

If by "local government" you mean "city government" then yeah. If you mean those rural areas with shrinking populations, then absolutely not. What they need to do is merge, so their citizens are not being bled dry to support courts or land assessors or school commissioners who are idle most of the time.

Mortgage debt is two and a half times all other household debt combined. And though the rates are lower, the term is much longer.

The most sustained and dramatic rise was from 2001 to 2007 (Source, click MAX). Banks did this, because events in 2001 made skyscrapers a less sound collateral for loans.

Wait... I'm getting the vibe this thread isn't as advertised since there does not seem to be a lot of liberal damning going on.

Is it my imagination?

MAGA.

Be careful not to read the OP, the level of irony there might well detonate your MAGA.

Be careful not to read the OP, the level of irony there might well detonate your MAGA.
Being MAGA, the most MAGA of all save for main MAGA, I am afraid your answer is too obtuse for me to grasp.

At the risk of an explosive result, can you spell it out in Norwegian, please?

GASI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom