• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dallas Votes to Zone 30-year-old Garage Out of Business...

The garage has a great case to take Dallas to court.

The garage has a great case to take Dallas to court.
I suspect he does not, that does not make it right, but possibly legal.
I think that when a government through it's actions renders a piece of property unusable
for the purpose the owner wants, it is the same as taking the property from the owner.
The fact that the property has been used this way for decades, only adds insult to injury.

I suspect he does not, that does not make it right, but possibly legal.
I think that when a government through it's actions renders a piece of property unusable
for the purpose the owner wants, it is the same as taking the property from the owner.
The fact that the property has been used this way for decades, only adds insult to injury.

this is political and someone is going to make money off of this and someone is going to get a kick back.
that is what needs to be investigated. there is something fishy about this story that the news needs to dig into.

also from what I understand the city must offer fair compensation to do this and they have offered nothing which is
another legal matter.

however I doubt this guy has the money to fight it in court.

this is political and someone is going to make money off of this and someone is going to get a kick back.
that is what needs to be investigated. there is something fishy about this story that the news needs to dig into.

also from what I understand the city must offer fair compensation to do this and they have offered nothing which is
another legal matter.

I think the reason the city is not offering anything, is that they are not taking his property,
only changing what it can be used for. To the land owner it makes little difference.
The cities payback(over the table) will be in enhanced sales tax receipts.
The just built a whole bank of loft apartments, across the street, and the new residence
likely don't like the eye sore still on their street.

someone should look into that real estate guys interest in it.
money is always at the core I would bet a buck that he or some one he knows is involved.
I couldn't help it, but I thought the same thing.

another legal matter.

A previous story I read, but don't have the link handy, was that this specific procedure was not eminent domain per se, but called something else, and as such they can legally take his property without compensation... which is just thoroughly reprehensible to me.

I will try to dig up the other info, but it may not be until this weekend.

I think the reason the city is not offering anything, is that they are not taking his property,
only changing what it can be used for. To the land owner it makes little difference.
The cities payback(over the table) will be in enhanced sales tax receipts.
The just built a whole bank of loft apartments, across the street, and the new residence
likely don't like the eye sore still on their street.

the city is splitting hairs.
which I think any real court would see through in a second.

Back
Top Bottom