• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dallas Police Chief David Brown exclusive interview today

Turin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This man actually gets it from all perspectives. Bravo Chief David Brown

Dallas Police Chief: bomb robot "saved lives" - CNN Video

"I just don't give any quarter to critics who ask these types of questions from the comforts and safety away from the incident. You have to be on the ground and try and determine — I've got former SWAT experience here in Dallas, and you have to trust your people to make the calls necessary to save their lives. It's their lives that are at stake, not these critics' lives who are in the comforts of their homes or offices," Brown said.

Last edited:
Could he have hit anyone, if the police had starved him out and wounded him, if he tried to escape?
Otherwise, I don't understand the discussion about using a robot.

Oh, Dear Lord, will the pathos never end. If they had starved him to death, you would have criticized them for that too.

Why can't people see that none of this would have happened if that deranged psychopath had not attacked innocent public servants.

IT WAS HIS FAULT!

Could he have hit anyone, if the police had starved him out and wounded him, if he tried to escape?

What if he had started a political activist movement to protest, peacefully the wrongs he sees and worked hard to change the system productively?

Nah, let's get our panties in a wad cause the police, in order to save lives and end a dangerous situation used a novel approach to neutralizing someone that had MURDERED people and was threatening to detonate bombs.

That is only one part of the post. The point he was making is he felt confident of his decisions and he cautioned those in the safety and comfort in their easy chair on a computer might not quite view from those risking their lives and others to make that split second decision.However you but have just read the quoted part and not his entire interview as he touched on numerous issues surrounding this incident and police work.

Oh, Dear Lord, will the pathos never end. If they had starved him to death, you would have criticized them for that too.

Why can't people see that none of this would have happened if that deranged psychopath had not attacked innocent public servants.

IT WAS HIS FAULT!

Exactly.

Starved him out?? **** that. Neutralize. Exterminate...exterminate...exterminate. Lordy, we expect cops to be super human.

Well... let's see - he had already killed 5 police officers, and wounded 7 others. He was in a corner that was not accessible to a police sniper or other direct fire without putting other officer's lives in mortal danger, after losing 5 already to this guys fire. He could have come out at any point and began firing and injured or killed more officers. The police made the correct decision.

In fact, someone on that team must have been a military vet with EOD and close quarters combat experience to come up with this great idea in a civilian scenario. I applaud them for their ingenuity and for not endangering the general public, or getting any other officers injured or killed in an attempt to arrest a man that had already made the conscious choice to forfeit his life once arrested and convicted (either life in prison or the death penalty), by his actions of shooting at, injuring, and killing police officers.

The police robot was apparently equipped with a C4 charge somewhat similar to a military grade M112 demolition block.

Depending on detonation proximity, Micah Johnson probably died instantly of blast overpressure (BOP) internal injuries and local shrapnel.

Well... let's see - he had already killed 5 police officers, and wounded 7 others. He was in a corner that was not accessible to a police sniper or other direct fire without putting other officer's lives in mortal danger, after losing 5 already to this guys fire. He could have come out at any point and began firing and injured or killed more officers. The police made the correct decision.

In fact, someone on that team must have been a military vet with EOD and close quarters combat experience to come up with this great idea in a civilian scenario. I applaud them for their ingenuity and for not endangering the general public, or getting any other officers injured or killed in an attempt to arrest a man that had already made the conscious choice to forfeit his life once arrested and convicted (either life in prison or the death penalty), by his actions of shooting at, injuring, and killing police officers.

Indeed.

The Military has used bomb robots in the past to take out hold up enemies and enemy positions.

They just mount a Claymore on the end of the robots arm and detonate it remotely.

Dont know if Dallas PD had access to a Claymore but they probably had access to C4 plastique.

Judging by the pic of the debris surrounding the weapon he used that was posted on the forum earlier, that bomb had some punch to it

Indeed.

The Military has used bomb robots in the past to take out hold up enemies and enemy positions.

They just mount a Claymore on the end of the robots arm and detonate it remotely.

Dont know if Dallas PD had access to a Claymore but they probably had access to C4 plastique.

Judging by the pic of the debris surrounding the weapon he used that was posted on the forum earlier, that bomb had some punch to it

The Chief of Police said they used one pound of C4.

The Chief of Police said they used one pound of C4.

C4 velocity is 8092 m/s or 26,500 ft/sec. I would like to imagine that the blast left him somewhat conscious and drowning in his own blood due to pulmonary hemoraging

POS racist terrorist

I believe he had told the police he had planted bombs around the area, so taking him out would have been the only thing to do.

What does it matter if he was killed by a robot bomb or a policeman's bullet? It stopped the shooting of innocent people!

Good grief, what the hell is wrong with people.

Race relations aside, this is a country where any Tom, Dick and Harry can run amok be it law enforcement or man in the street.

IT WAS HIS FAULT!

You would quickly learn that people will often give up, before the hunger and thirst kill them.

I can't understand why this is even remotely controversial.

What if he had started a political activist movement to protest, peacefully the wrongs he sees and worked hard to change the system productively?

Nah, let's get our panties in a wad cause the police, in order to save lives and end a dangerous situation used a novel approach to neutralizing someone that had MURDERED people and was threatening to detonate bombs.

Maybe he should have been more peaceful. Maybe that is what he first thought about. It certainly would have been the easy way to go.

But maybe he saw 50 years of comparative peaceful civil rights movement with people of much better education and social position than he had and compared that with the number of kills on YouTube staring blacks and thought about it.

Starved him out?? **** that. Neutralize. Exterminate...exterminate...exterminate. Lordy, we expect cops to be super human.

Maybe. But We are doing ourselves harm by having these shootouts all the time. We are killing an awful lot of people compared to other countries. As a stand alone index, that need not be a general drawback. But it is a symptom that is disturbing. And there is not really any reason to kill people, when they are known and not endangering anyone directly. Keep them covered and wait till they give up. It doesn't seem too difficult in many cases.

IT still doesn't make much sense to me, unless he was on the verge of doing new violence. It seems better to capture and talk with these people, to find out as much as possible and maybe prevent the next incident.

I believe he had told the police he had planted bombs around the area, so taking him out would have been the only thing to do.

If he could not see the robot coming. But it will certainly teach the next killer to keep mum about the bombs, till he has used them.

Maybe he should have been more peaceful. Maybe that is what he first thought about. It certainly would have been the easy way to go.

But maybe he saw 50 years of comparative peaceful civil rights movement with people of much better education and social position than he had and compared that with the number of kills on YouTube staring blacks and thought about it.

So you are now in support and justifying his actions. Wow....

Back
Top Bottom