• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban cancels the national anthem before games

How far should we push forced patriotism?

You mean like how that flag was used to cancel the cultures of Native Americans and enslaved Africans?

Your attempt to compare and contrast isn't resonating well .. not sure what flags and Native Americans have to do with modern day sports

Your attempt to compare and contrast isn't resonating well .. not sure what flags and Native Americans have to do with modern day sports
It's not my fault you clearly don't understand US history. :)

Tl; dr beyond this. I'm not in a snit. Trump has never been my "hero," and he's not "my Donnie." I'm just sick to death of every freaking thread being derailed into a discussion about Trump. Somebody went to McDonald's for breakfast? Time to post about Trump's eating its food. Fish didn't bite? Trump did it. Tired of it. He's no longer the President. Time to move on.
Your obsession with him is not healthy, hard to move on when there's a second impeachment hearing because he groomed his base, planned and incited a deadly insurrection against our Capitol, our government, our democracy and our lawmakers, just to go to the extreme to try and say he won and election that he lost fair and square.

Are you too blind to see that Trump himself has said and done very negative and dangerous things throughout his term in office? No patriotic American should turn a blind eye or deaf ear to someone like that 'leading' our country. Blind loyalty is what lured his cult into the violent attack on January 6, 2021. Not a healthy obsession.

Regardless, looks like Cuban got bitch-slapped by the NBA, and was told the National Anthem must be played, just like for every other team.

I'd consider it the lack of meaningful context relevant to the topic. :cool:

So you disagree that Natives and Africans were oppressed and had their way of life destroyed by white Americans?

Your obsession with him is not healthy, hard to move on when there's a second impeachment hearing because he groomed his base, planned and incited a deadly insurrection against our Capitol, our government, our democracy and our lawmakers, just to go to the extreme to try and say he won and election that he lost fair and square.

Are you too blind to see that Trump himself has said and done very negative and dangerous things throughout his term in office? No patriotic American should turn a blind eye or deaf ear to someone like that 'leading' our country. Blind loyalty is what lured his cult into the violent attack on January 6, 2021. Not a healthy obsession.

You're projecting. I don't obsess over Trump, and I'm certainly not the only person to distinguish between living in the past and moving forward. He's no longer President. Please spare me the "No patriotic American" fallacy, and worry about those who after five years still can't stick to a single thread topic without interjecting Trump.

For example, this thread is about an NBA franchisee and his decision about "The Star-Spangled Banner."

You're projecting. I don't obsess over Trump, and I'm certainly not the only person to distinguish between living in the past and moving forward. He's no longer President. Please spare me the "No patriotic American" fallacy, and worry about those who after five years still can't stick to a single thread topic without interjecting Trump.

For example, this thread is about an NBA franchisee and his decision about "The Star-Spangled Banner."
Yeah, and the example was a result of Donald Trump calling players Sons Of Bitches because he insisted that they stand for the anthem....hello? You are in denial and clutching your admiration of him tightly, like all of Trump's hard core loyalists, stay there, we understand.

So you disagree that Natives and Africans were oppressed and had their way of life destroyed by white Americans?

I'm not going to jump into that red herring.. it's unrelated to the topic at hand, which is about Mark Cuban unilaterally making a decision, and getting bitch-slapped by the NBA.

I'm not going to jump into that

It's the reason some people have had enough of all the flag-waving and star-spangled singing in the first place.

From the Daily Mail:

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he told the team to stop playing the national anthem before their home games this season.

'It was my decision, and I made it in November,' Cuban told The Athletic on Tuesday without elaborating.

A spokesman for the team confirmed the decision to DailyMail.com, but declined further comment. Cuban did not immediately respond to DailyMail.com's email requesting a deeper explanation. Dallas Mavericks stop playing the national anthem before games on owner Mark Cuban's orders | Daily Mail Online
No, he says now he never made a final decision. He did stop playing it for several weeks though. Now the NBA says do as we say.

Everyone at sporting events should swear fealty. Those are simple and often bloodthirsty people. Let's be practical.

Curious to me is seeing those known to wave the Confederate flag clutch pearls over someone discussing the prospect of no longer singing the National Anthem in their stadium. Anyone else see the irony?

Back
Top Bottom