• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dallas man found guilty in Iraqi immigrant's murder

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
DALLAS - A Dallas County jury convicted a Dallas man of murdering an Iraqi immigrant who had gone outside to admire the snow.

Nykerion Nealon, 18, shot and killed Ahmed Al-Jumaili last year outside his northeast Dallas apartment complex.

The victim was a refugee who had only been in the US for about 3 weeks before he was murdered. The gunman was a known gang member who is not eligible for the death penalty because he was a teen when he committed the crime. The good news is that he is probably going to get 99 years, which means he will most likely die in prison before he is eligible for parole.

The irony here is that a man managed to escape from a place worse than Dodge City, and died in what was supposed to be a much safer place. Life can be weird like that.

Article is here

The victim was a refugee who had only been in the US for about 3 weeks before he was murdered. The gunman was a known gang member who is not eligible for the death penalty because he was a teen when he committed the crime. The good news is that he is probably going to get 99 years, which means he will most likely die in prison before he is eligible for parole.

The irony here is that a man managed to escape from a place worse than Dodge City, and died in what was supposed to be a much safer place. Life can be weird like that.

Article is here

I see that CAIR is involved. They don't want justice, they want publicity.

From an article right after the victim was murdered:

Looks like you are full of caca del toro on this one. :mrgreen:

Maybe so. It is certainly not consistent with their rhetoric.

Maybe so. It is certainly not consistent with their rhetoric.

I think it's a good thing that CAIR looks into whether the death of a Muslim is a hate crime or not. The Anti-Defamation League does the exact same thing whenever a Jew is murdered, and being half Jewish myself, I support that. And I won't be a hypocrite because an organization representing another faith does it too.

Will Obama speak out against this violence and ask for healing and leinceny for this troubled child in a gang. Comming from the gang plagued adopted home town of Chicago it would be believable in claiming Nykerion Nealon, could be his imaginary son. And how he really was good kid who just has temporary laps in judgment.

Will Obama speak out against this violence and ask for healing and leinceny for this troubled child in a gang. Comming from the gang plagued adopted home town of Chicago it would be believable in claiming Nykerion Nealon, could be his imaginary son. And how he really was good kid who just has temporary laps in judgment.

Will some put down their imaginary meds as they seem to dream up silly crap at the oddest times...

A senseless death and the dead horse beaters come tumbling out of the radical right rotten wood like so many cockroaches... :peace

Will some put down their imaginary meds as they seem to dream up silly crap at the oddest times...

A senseless death and the dead horse beaters come tumbling out of the radical right rotten wood like so many cockroaches... :peace

And the left.....

I don't think you really cared before CAIR got involved...

I did not even know it happened until it was posted. Are you saying CAIR is not tied to terror. Or that their lawyers do not fight against every state that tries to outlaw Sharia.

I didn't think so.

I did not even know it happened until it was posted. Are you saying CAIR is not tied to terror. Or that their lawyers do not fight against every state that tries to outlaw Sharia.

I didn't think so.

I happen to know some members of CAIR here in Houston, and they are nothing like you are attempting to depict them. I can't speak for other cities, but here in Houston, the Islamic and Jewish communities get along famously. In fact, Jews and Muslima have gone together to many seminars sponsored by the Interfaith alliance here, which is proud to have Islamic, Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, and Evangelical Protestant members. Interfaith Ministries has done wonders in bringing different religions together to discuss what turns out many of them have in common. And you would be surprised how much all these different faiths have in common. The only enemy to members of this group are those who practice hate speech, but those assholes do not stop them from learning about and from each other. Personally, I am proud to be employed by an Iranian contracting company, which has won a Winner of Distinction Award from the Better Business Bureau each year for the last 5 years. The owners of the company are members of both CAIR and the Interfaith Alliance. Knowing that I am part Jewish did not prevent them from becoming good friends.

I happen to know some members of CAIR here in Houston, and they are nothing like you are attempting to depict them. I can't speak for other cities, but here in Houston, the Islamic and Jewish communities get along famously. In fact, Jews and Muslima have gone together to many seminars sponsored by the Interfaith alliance here, which is proud to have Islamic, Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, and Evangelical Protestant members. Interfaith Ministries has done wonders in bringing different religions together to discuss what turns out many of them have in common. And you would be surprised how much all these different faiths have in common. The only enemy to members of this group are those who practice hate speech, but those assholes do not stop them from learning about and from each other. Personally, I am proud to be employed by an Iranian contracting company, which has won a Winner of Distinction Award from the Better Business Bureau each year for the last 5 years. The owners of the company are members of both CAIR and the Interfaith Alliance. Knowing that I am part Jewish did not prevent them from becoming good friends.

Our opinions couldn't be any different. I have heard that interfaith orgs. are geared towards apologizing for Islam. A misrepresentation of the faith.

“I’m not surprised. I think it may be even higher,” said Ameer Abuhalimeh, executive director of the Islamic Da’wah Center in downtown Houston. “I’ve seen it increasing, growing dramatically. We’ve made huge progress.”

The city ranks 15th for the number of mosques and Islamic centers, about 80 across the metropolitan area, plus about 50 halal restaurants. It’s the most Muslim city in Texas (Dallas came in at No. 22) and boasts one of the biggest Muslim populations in the South.

That is why there are interfaith meetings. Huge progress at what? The apologies are going well? Interfaiths purpose is to whitewash Islam.
Interfaith Partners - ISNA

See the ISNA in the link? That group has connections to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Islamic Society of North America

I think it's a good thing that CAIR looks into whether the death of a Muslim is a hate crime or not. The Anti-Defamation League does the exact same thing whenever a Jew is murdered, and being half Jewish myself, I support that. And I won't be a hypocrite because an organization representing another faith does it too.

Hate crimes are a fabrication. It's either a crime or it isn't. Killing someone because you wanted their shoes isn't any better or worse than killing someone because they are a member of one group or another.

Our opinions couldn't be any different. I have heard that interfaith orgs. are geared towards apologizing for Islam. A misrepresentation of the faith.

That is why there are interfaith meetings. Huge progress at what? The apologies are going well? Interfaiths purpose is to whitewash Islam.
Interfaith Partners - ISNA

See the ISNA in the link? That group has connections to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Islamic Society of North America

If that was true, you wouldn't have hardly any Jewish members. Your hate precedes you.

If that was true, you wouldn't have hardly any Jewish members. Your hate precedes you.

Awareness and messaging is not hate, and it is not fear, before you roll that out too.

Back
Top Bottom