• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Daily Liberal Media Bias Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
"And, of course, we've COMPLETELY ignored that a large portion of the media is controlled by MURDOCH AND SINCLAIR, both STAUNCH conservatives."

Scotty Z

By your logic, since left wing lunatic, Ted Turner owns CNN, he must be controlling everything and writing up liberal cue cards for the reporters. I don't assert that, CNN for example is biased because of the person who owns it. I assert that it is biased because over 75% of all the producers, news directors, anchormen, and reporters are ADMITTEDLY quite liberal-and in many cases, even use to work for Democrats in office.

This is only half true.

The real reason I assert media bias is because almost every source does no justice to or even tells the conservative side of the story. All these studies and former employers are just things I point out when unaware schmucks try to explain away one of the most evidenced realities in our world-the media is horribly biased to the left.

Also, I have said from the beginning that my posts are from the MRC. I never asserted that they were from a neutral source. Neutral sources don't watch for media bias like conservatives do. The MRC's points stand on their own two feet, no matter who is making the point.

In your desperation to undermine the constant flow of evidence I distribute through this website, you have scared up some typically flawed, irrational arguments against my credibility. Keep them coming. Reasonable people see the holes in these feeble, sorry attacks. It works in my favor. ;)

[MOD MODE]

Thread closed until I remove the copyrighted material that aquapub chose to copy & paste post after post after post.

[/MOD MODE]

[MOD MODE]
aquapub, this has been clearly spelled out in this thread already. I'm not sure how much more clearly it can be made, but I'll try. If you have any questions, please, please feel free to contact any member of the mod team and they explain it to you.

FORUM RULES

8. COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL -
ALL MATERIAL POSTED FROM COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MUST CONTAIN A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL WORK.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ENTIRE ARTICLES.

PROPER FORMAT IS TO PARAPHRASE THE CONTENTS OF AN ARTICLE AND/OR POST RELEVANT EXCERPTS AND THEN LINK TO THE REST.

BEST BET IS TO ALWAYS REFERENCE THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.
TITLE 17, CHAPTER 1, SECTION 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

Forum rules say: "All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work."
You repeatedly posted copyrighted material w/o providing a link.

[/MOD MODE]

Last edited:
[MOD MODE]
Okay, so it wasn't as much of each page copy and pasted as I had originally thought. My apologies.

Still, each copy and paste post needs to have a link to the place where it was copied and pasted from.

Further failure to do so will result in at least the permanent closing of this thread.
[/MOD MODE]

aquapub said:
By your logic, since left wing lunatic, Ted Turner owns CNN, he must be controlling everything and writing up liberal cue cards for the reporters. I don't assert that, CNN for example is biased because of the person who owns it. I assert that it is biased because over 75% of all the producers, news directors, anchormen, and reporters are ADMITTEDLY quite liberal-and in many cases, even use to work for Democrats in office.
Ted Turner doesn't own or control CNN.

FinnMacCool said:
You have a lot of time on your hands. . .too much. . .If I wanted to, I could document all of the conservative bias in the news. But honestly there is no bias on any side of the political table. This is all imagined and as many examples of liberal bias you can find you could probably find about as many conservative news bias.

I've been saying it for awhile but the evil all powerful "media" which makes up all the networks and news all around and reports on all this news and only exists to make money for themselves and boost ratings. It could go either way really, depending on the mood of the country.

Ahahaha, show me one paper (IN THE MAINSTREAM NEWS) or television station that is not biased toward a liberal leaning! Dont mention fox news. I already know about that.. but how many liberal stations and newspapers are there? How many of them contribute to the destruction of the bush administration by lies and rhetoric? (ie. dan rather in CBS, Newsweek, ect).

I think it is rather comical and will diminish the liberal party as well in the long run. Didnt work for the 2004 election... :rofl

9-23-05

1. CBS Evening News Executive Producer Denounces CyberAlert Stories
Declaring that the Media Research Center "is a much more biased organization than any institution in the MSM," CBS Evening News Executive Producer Jim Murphy, on the CBS News "Public Eye" blog on Thursday, criticized two MRC CyberAlert articles I wrote. Public Eye Editor Vaughn Ververs asked Murphy to comment on a September 21 CyberAlert item, "CBS: Air-Conditioned Bush Should 'Wake Up and Smell the Coffee.'" Murphy seemed befuddled by the article: "Please explain to me what's WRONG with pointing out the President spoke from an air-conditioned tent, which to most people on the gulf would be a more than welcome relief from their existence. It was not gratuitous, it was an interesting note" and the CBS reporter's "use of the well-known phrase, 'wake up and smell the coffee,' was attributed to the restaurant owners as THEIR feeling, NOT hers. It's just good, colorful, pointed writing." Murphy was similarly flummoxed by the September 22 CyberAlert article, "CBS Trumpets Carter's Criticism of Bush Administration," contending that "we simply reported it because the former President SAID it." But Murphy's reasoning is a tautology.

2. CBS Discounts Global Warming as Culprit, Notes Big Storms in '50s
A day after NBC's Matt Lauer asked on Today, "why are there so many hurricanes this year and is global warming to blame?" and Robert Bazell ominously concluded an NBC Nightly News story by asserting that "many experts say" hurricane-fueling global warming "results partly from humans releasing greenhouse gases possibly creating even more violent storms in the future," ABC and CBS aired stories which largely dismissed global warming as a culprit. On Thursday's World News Tonight, ABC's Ned Potter featured a soundbite from National Hurricane Center Director Max Mayfield, who in little-reported congressional testimony Tuesday, discounted global warming as a factor. CBS's Russ Mitchell, on The Early Show, featured a scientist who "says hurricane activity comes in cycles that can last several decades. It seems Mother Nature has mood swings." Mitchell explained that "hurricane cycles are primarily driven by rainfall patterns in Africa and the Amazon basin." As for hype about hurricanes on the rise, Mitchell admonished: "The experts will tell us back in the '50s and '60s we saw some monster hurricanes, but we just have very short memories."

Would it not be better for us if these media monkeys just camer out and said "We are a conservative newspaper (TV station etc.). Or "We are a liberal newspaper." The Chicago Tribune, for example, is a conservative paper. The LA Times is a liberal paper. THey won't say it for one simple reason, they want to sell copy, they don't care what you think as long as you buy the paper or watch or listen the station. Don't you think it's insulting that the media thinks it's readerds, viewers are stupid? Because that's what they are telling us. Over the years I have revised my list of "don't likes" and "don't trust" till it stands like:

Number 1. Media types
2. Trial and personal injury lawyers
3. Most politicians
4. Used car salesmen
5. Felons with muti-convictions.

Inuyasha said:
Would it not be better for us if these media monkeys just camer out and said "We are a conservative newspaper (TV station etc.). Or "We are a liberal newspaper." The Chicago Tribune, for example, is a conservative paper. The LA Times is a liberal paper. THey won't say it for one simple reason, they want to sell copy, they don't care what you think as long as you buy the paper or watch or listen the station. Don't you think it's insulting that the media thinks it's readerds, viewers are stupid? Because that's what they are telling us. Over the years I have revised my list of "don't likes" and "don't trust" till it stands like:

Number 1. Media types
2. Trial and personal injury lawyers
3. Most politicians
4. Used car salesmen
5. Felons with muti-convictions.

I think the best thing is for all media to be non-biased! But is that possible? I turely doubt it! People would rather report the news as they see it for there parties political advantage (not all but many!) being either liberal or conservative!

[MOD MODE]
The OP has chosen not to abide by DP guidelines re the proper format for c&p posts. As pretty much the entirety of the OP's contributions to this thread are mere c&p jobs this mean that most all of the OPs contribution to this thread fails to follow DP guidelines. The OP was reminded twice to adhere to DP guidelines. Given that DP guidelines were republished in this thread twice, ignorance ofthe guidelines is no longer a potential mitigating factor.

This copy and paste thread is hereby closed.
[/MOD MODE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom