• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DADT, and those who have an issue with its demise

tryreading

Steve
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Some people, looks like mostly ex-military, are very concerned about allowing gay people in the military, that is, gay people who are comfortable with the concept of honesty.

Do you wonder what the big deal is for these people who are against gays serving openly? Is it purely concern that having gays serve openly will somehow weaken the armed forces? Or something more personal?

Some people, looks like mostly ex-military, are very concerned about allowing gay people in the military, that is, gay people who are comfortable with the concept of honesty.

Do you wonder what the big deal is for these people who are against gays serving openly? Is it purely concern that having gays serve openly will somehow weaken the armed forces? Or something more personal?

Maybe it's because they have some REAL LIFE experiance. Maybe they've had to put their lives in the hands of others at times and had experiances that a lot of the Pride Boys have never had.

Now I know the reply can be to point out some long term service member who has Honorably served , but is now coming out. Gee, that's swell - I hope he or She can maintain themselves and get all that's coming to them in terms of future benefits. Life is unfair, and the Military doesn't exist to make it fair.

Maybe it's because they have some REAL LIFE experiance. Maybe they've had to put their lives in the hands of others at times and had experiances that a lot of the Pride Boys have never had.

Now I know the reply can be to point out some long term service member who has Honorably served , but is now coming out. Gee, that's swell - I hope he or She can maintain themselves and get all that's coming to them in terms of future benefits. Life is unfair, and the Military doesn't exist to make it fair.

That's exactly right. The military isn't fair, isn't supposed to be, doesn't need to be.

Now. You will work and cooperate and even follow the orders of that personnel, who in this case is gay. And be a man about it.

That's exactly right. The military isn't fair, isn't supposed to be, doesn't need to be.

Now. You will work and cooperate and even follow the orders of that personnel, who in this case is gay. And be a man about it.

You envision some scenario that quite possibly won't occur. However IF it does and the individual in charge is not too obvious and is basically qualified then I guess it will pass by without any concerns.

BTW - our esteemed leader BAryy Obama can by HIS authority as CIC end CADT like 100% today. He backs off because of the upcoming Election - Right ??? Maybe after November 2nd.

You envision some scenario that quite possibly won't occur. However IF it does and the individual in charge is not too obvious and is basically qualified then I guess it will pass by without any concerns.

This will occur, after the current DADT situation has been s**t-canned

BTW - our esteemed leader BAryy Obama can by HIS authority as CIC end CADT like 100% today. He backs off because of the upcoming Election - Right ??? Maybe after November 2nd.

That's due to politics, of course.

no. i do not. :)

When I do a 14 hour day and have to PMCS a ****ing motor pool of trucks and vehicles, I just care that the sergeant teaching me how to read this TM-10, and where to find the emergency battery cut off switch or whatever the **** Im looking for, knows what he's talking about.

Most people I talk to, mostly other officers, really have no time or reason to worry about people's sexual preferences.

If you dont want DADT to end, then do you support no longer taxing gay people for a service that cant legally join?

I don't know, because when the terrorists come the military may not be obligated to protect non-tax paying gay people from them, like that guy whose house was allowed to burn down because he didn't pay the $75 fire department tax.

If you dont want DADT to end, then do you support no longer taxing gay people for a service that cant legally join?

the military is a government service. serving is not. athsmatics, the too-tall, too-short, too-fat, and the too-felonious can't join, either; they still pay gov. taxes

Back
Top Bottom