• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Daddy, what's a Terrorist?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/04/22/1082616260498.html

my favorite excerpts from this sadly funny and truthful article:

Good blackmail? What's that?

That's when it's done for good reasons. Those weapons were very dangerous and could have hurt a lot of people all over the world. It was very important to find them and destroy them.

But Dad ... there weren't any weapons.

True. We know that now. But we didn't at the time. We thought there were.

So was killing all those innocent people in Iraq a mistake?

No. It was a tragedy, but we also saved a lot of lives. You see, we had to stop a very cruel man called Saddam Hussein from killing a great many ordinary Iraqi people. Saddam Hussein stayed in power by giving orders that meant thousands of people died or were horribly injured. Mothers and fathers. Even children.

Like that boy I saw on TV? The one who had his arms blown off by a bomb?

Yes ... just like him.

But we did that. Does that mean our leaders are terrorists?

Good heavens, no! Whatever gave you that idea? That was just an accident. Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt in a war. You can't expect anything else when you drop bombs on cities. Nobody wants it to happen ... it's just the way things are.

So in a war only soldiers are supposed to get killed?

Well, soldiers are trained to fight for their country. It's their job, and they're very brave. They know that war is dangerous and that they might be killed. As soon as they put on a uniform they become a target.

........Would you say that if I was captured by terrorists?

Uh ... yes ... no ... I mean, it's very difficult ...

So you'd let me be killed? Don't you love me?

Of course! I love you very much. It's just that it's a very complicated issue and I don't know what I'd do ...

Well, if somebody attacked us and bombed our house and killed you and Mum and Jamie I know what I'd do.

What?

I'd find out who did it and kill them. Any way I could. I'd hate them for ever and ever. And then I'd get in a plane and bomb their cities.

But ... but ... you'd kill a lot of innocent people.

I know. But it's war, Dad. And that's just the way things are. Remember?

full version on:

Last edited:
Totally miscontrued to serve an agenda...

Is it true that guys injected diseases in mice so they can try to cure them?

Yes it is sweetheart.

And the ones they didn't treat died?

Yes dear.

Why would they kill?

To save lives.

If someone injected me so I can die and save lives, would you let them do it?

:shrug:

If someone injected me so I can die and save lives, would you let them do it?

Wow. So tell me what parent would do that to his child for others could live--I'm not aware of any mass USA movement of this type--back it up. Hitler used the same reasonings you try to finesse.

Last edited:
That initially post is one biased opinion that discounts much of the historical context regarding the Middle East in general.

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
Wow. So tell me what parent would do that to his child for others could live--I'm not aware of any mass USA movement of this type--back it up. Hitler used the same reasonings you try to finesse.

What? It was mice, not people. Hitler? God, what's that law...redd, help me out, you know the one I'm talking about.

Kelzie said:
What? It was mice, not people. Hitler? God, what's that law...redd, help me out, you know the one I'm talking about.
Godwin........

Well this thread was very odd haha.

my favorite excerpts from this sadly funny and truthful article:

Good blackmail? What's that?

That's when it's done for good reasons. Those weapons were very dangerous and could have hurt a lot of people all over the world. It was very important to find them and destroy them.

True. We know that now. But we didn't at the time. We thought there were.

No. It was a tragedy, but we also saved a lot of lives. You see, we had to stop a very cruel man called Saddam Hussein from killing a great many ordinary Iraqi people. Saddam Hussein stayed in power by giving orders that meant thousands of people died or were horribly injured. Mothers and fathers. Even children.

Yes ... just like him.

But we did that. Does that mean our leaders are terrorists?

Good heavens, no! Whatever gave you that idea? That was just an accident. Unfortunately, innocent people get hurt in a war. You can't expect anything else when you drop bombs on cities. Nobody wants it to happen ... it's just the way things are.

Well, soldiers are trained to fight for their country. It's their job, and they're very brave. They know that war is dangerous and that they might be killed. As soon as they put on a uniform they become a target.

........Would you say that if I was captured by terrorists?

Uh ... yes ... no ... I mean, it's very difficult ...

So you'd let me be killed? Don't you love me?

Of course! I love you very much. It's just that it's a very complicated issue and I don't know what I'd do ...

Well, if somebody attacked us and bombed our house and killed you and Mum and Jamie I know what I'd do.

What?

I'd find out who did it and kill them. Any way I could. I'd hate them for ever and ever. And then I'd get in a plane and bomb their cities.

full version on:
Just say "You know more about it when you get older?" Now leave me alone I'm trying to get to sleep.

Dad ... what's a terrorist?

A terrorist in the modern vernacular is a member of an extremist Islamic organization known as al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda was formed when former Nazi intelligence operatives of Islamic decent were organized through British intelligence by Sayyid Qubt, al-Banna, and The Grand Mufti al-Histanee following WW2 to fight the Soviets in the Cold War under the name of the Muslim Brotherhood which was centralized in Egypt and spread across the middle east. When the Muslim Brotherhood came into contact with a radical sect in Saudi Arabia called Wahhabism it morphed into what we now call Al-Qaeda or "The Base."

Why do they kill them?

Because they are trying to establish a pan-Islamic empire throughout the broader middle east under a totalitarian theocratic Islamo-Fascist dictatorship. You see son they believe in a concept known as Jahillya or ignorance. They believe that the world is in a state where by more and more people are ignorant of the prophecies of their imaginary man in the sky and that those who do not believe in this imaginary man in the sky are infidels and must die.
Like the ones in Iraq who are capturing people and saying that they'll kill them if all the soldiers don't leave?

Exactly! That's an evil thing called "blackmail". Those innocent people are hostages, and the terrorists are saying that if governments don't do what they want the hostages will be killed.

So was it blackmail when we said we'd attack Iraq and kill innocent people unless they told us where all their weapons were?

No son that was our attempt to avoid a war with a genocidal maniac and preventing him from giving those weapons to the Islamic Fascists.

Well you see son when liberal ***** bitches and useful idiots were trying to negotiate with a mad man he hid those weapons and transferred them to another country full of Islamic Fascists just like him.

We don't kill innocent people we only kill the guilty and it is those guilty who target innocent men, women, and children when our brave men and women are passing out candy.

But dad why would anyone intentionally murder women and children?

Because they are evil. They murder innocent women and children for no other reason but to instill fear in the citizenry.

Yes son just like that boy, he had done nothing to no one in his entire life but these evil people thought it would be a good idea to strap explosives to their chest and detonate in the middle of a crowd of non-combatants.

Yes son, men do not kill the innocent only cowards do that.

What uniforms do terrorists wear
They don't wear uniforms because they are cowards who hide amongst the civilian population and use them as human shields and cut off their heads if they disobey.

War has rules?

Yes son it's called the Geneva convention.
Soldiers must wear uniforms. And you can't just suddenly attack someone unless they do something to you first. Then you can defend yourself.

So that's why we attacked Iraq? Because Iraq attacked us first and we were just defending ourselves?

Yes son Iraq had an allegiance with al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein supported the cause of the Islamic-Fascists.

And so on and so forth.

Good to see that you support Nazis, beyond.

Last edited:

What?

Your damn right, if somebody bombed my family right here in the US--I don't care if they called it "collateral damadge" or whatever label of justification. I would get back at who did it by any and all means possible. You wanna win the war? Stop recruiting suicide bombers, insurgents and other people pouring into Iraq to fight the US. But maybe that's what the US wants? Agreed.

What?

Your damn right, if somebody bombed my family right here in the US--I don't care if they called it "collateral damadge" or whatever label of justification. I would get back at who did it by any and all means possible. You wanna win the war? Stop recruiting suicide bombers, insurgents and other people pouring into Iraq to fight the US. But maybe that's what the US wants? Agreed.

But here's your ****ing problem, we don't kill innocent civilians the United States attacks legitimate military targets and it's the ****ing insurgency that is killing innocent women and children in Iraq so get that **** through your head ok pal!!!!!!!

You are an appeaser and an apologist for the likes of Bin-Laden and Zawahiri, people like you make me sick.

Desmosthenes said:
Well this thread was very odd haha.

It's pretty typical of all his threads.

**Whitey sux

**America Sux

**Whitey Sux

**America Sux

So on And So On etc etc....

What?

Easy solution... Lets kill em all...... We have the weapons and the technology to hunt them all down. If we do this then we don't have to worry to much about recruiting more suicide bombers since there recruiting pool was vaporized... Problem solved ... so says whitey

Calm2Chaos said:

**Whitey sux

**America Sux

**Whitey Sux

**America Sux

:lol: I read Whitney sucks. I was thinking Houston? Why's he dislike her so much?

Kelzie said:
:lol: I read Whitney sucks. I was thinking Houston? Why's he dislike her so much?

:rofl

I dunno...Bobby Brown is pretty annoying ya know

Two easy solutions to the problem: Hiroshima; Nagasaki

bus said:
Two easy solutions to the problem: Hiroshima; Nagasaki

Ah yes. Nuke the middle east. It's brilliant. :lol:

Kelzie said:
Ah yes. Nuke the middle east. It's brilliant. :lol:

Oh yeah! ba-rilliant! What a good way to help America's image. I'm surprised I didn't think of that one myself. We would bring ourselves up from 'world police' to 'genocidal nazi maniacs'.

Sir_Alec said:
Oh yeah! ba-rilliant! What a good way to help America's image. I'm surprised I didn't think of that one myself. We would bring ourselves up from 'world police' to 'genocidal nazi maniacs'.

What is this "image" crap? :lol:

Calm2Chaos said:

**Whitey sux

**America Sux

**Whitey Sux

**America Sux

You left out Jewish sux....

Well you see son when liberal ***** bitches and useful idiots were trying to negotiate with a mad man he hid those weapons and transferred them to another country full of Islamic Fascists just like him.

And this is why I discredit opinions that mask agendas. Divisive, one sided poltics are laughable in the world of logic. :lol:

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well a high ranking Iraqi general has come forward and said that this is precisely what happened.

Ranking Iraqi general: "Well you see son when liberal ***** bitches and useful idiots were trying to negotiate with a mad man he hid those weapons and transferred them to another country full of Islamic Fascists just like him."

This must be true. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom