• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

daddy & daughters

Arthur Fonzarelli

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I am so proud to be your father, and watching you both grow up to be strong and kind women has been one of the great achievements of my life.

You are entering an incredibly exciting time in your lives. Your mother and I are so proud of the smart, capable young women you have become and the choices you are making.

These two writings are from John Kerry & George W Bush to their respective daughters. They appeared in Glamour magazine & these were their opening statements. I was going to ask you to guess which one was written by who but I'm sure it's rather obvious. The red was written by Kerry while the blue was written by Bush. What I found interesting about these writings is the first word of each their letters. Bush's first word was YOU, while Kerry's first word was I. Kerry claimed credit & achievement for his daughters lives while Bush commended his daughters on the decisions they were making for themselves. So what's the point of this? I just thought it revealed what kind of men the two presidential candidates are & that I believe we elected the better of the two. Now for your thoughts on the matter...

My thoughts? Why does it matter what an egomaniac Kerry is and why would you make that comparison when bush uses the word "I" as well just a sentence later in almost the exact same context?

Who cares? I sure don't. It doesn't have any bearing on politics and this should be moved immediately to off-topic discussion.

I agree it should be off topic. *moved*

But, I also think that it shows the type of character that each of these men have.

I really think you're reaching here. There are lots of people who are proud of their children, it does not make them egomaniacs.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
Now for your thoughts on the matter...
I got what you were trying to say... and I agree. Psych 101! And the "I" in Bush's second sentence is valid... "I (am) so proud..." and does not equal Kerry's.

That is the silliest thing ever! Of course, if you want me to also engage in pop-pschology, I could point out that Kerry appears to be more interested in raising GOOD people, while Bush appears to be attempting to engage in some reverse psychology.

These were written, thought of ahead of time...written to show the "Friendly-Folk" of each man. These aren't spur of the moments, so neither don't count for a philosophical debate.. especially about two of the worst politicians to grace this Earth.

I'm trying to imagine under what circumstances a daughter would be bothered by hearing her father make either of those statements to them. Perhaps some of you are over-analyzing this.

Arthur Fonzarelli said:
I am so proud to be your father, and watching you both grow up to be strong and kind women has been one of the great achievements of my life.

You are entering an incredibly exciting time in your lives. Your mother and I are so proud of the smart, capable young women you have become and the choices you are making.

These two writings are from John Kerry & George W Bush to their respective daughters. They appeared in Glamour magazine & these were their opening statements. I was going to ask you to guess which one was written by who but I'm sure it's rather obvious. The red was written by Kerry while the blue was written by Bush. What I found interesting about these writings is the first word of each their letters. Bush's first word was YOU, while Kerry's first word was I. Kerry claimed credit & achievement for his daughters lives while Bush commended his daughters on the decisions they were making for themselves. So what's the point of this? I just thought it revealed what kind of men the two presidential candidates are & that I believe we elected the better of the two. Now for your thoughts on the matter...

Kerry didnt actually claim his daughters acheivements as his own. the statement means he is proud to have had the chance to raise them...

Back
Top Bottom