• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dad searched how long it takes animal to die in hot car before child left in hot car

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Source: Dad searched how long it takes animal to die in hot car before child left in hot car | WREG.com

Oh god. Just when I think people can't possibly sink any lower, they prove me wrong.

ATLANTA, GA. –Sources told an Atlanta news reporter the father whose son was found dead in a hot car used his work computer to search how long it would take an animal to die in a hot car.

/snip

The station also reported Justin Ross Harris took his son to breakfast with him before he said he forgot the 22-month-old was in his car all day.WGCL-TV reports a new warrant says Harris warrant states Harris entered his vehicle through the driver’s side door at lunch, “to place an object into the vehicle. He then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.”
“I’ve been in law enforcement for 34 years. What I know about this case shocks my conscience as a police officer, a father and a grandfather,” said Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce.

I think they should just do the same to him. After the trial, of course. Later in the article it states that the mom is being investigated as well.

Re: Dad searched how long it takes animal to die in hot car before child left in hot

There aren't hells fiery enough to consign this piece of filth too.

Re: Dad searched how long it takes animal to die in hot car before child left in hot

Oh, FFS. What is wrong with these people????

Source: Dad searched how long it takes animal to die in hot car before child left in hot car | WREG.com

Oh god. Just when I think people can't possibly sink any lower, they prove me wrong.

/snip

I think they should just do the same to him. After the trial, of course. Later in the article it states that the mom is being investigated as well.

Sadly, I'm not surprised. I think this happens more often than we want to believe. These stories get so much coverage, and yet they seem to be happening more, not less.

Truly disgusting. Thankfully, he is apparently a moron in addition to a psycho, so hopefully this will be an open and shut case, unlike so many others where suspicions remain but no one is charged.

This is a difficult one because if the case were not investigation, then no one would have really cared to authenticate the claim.

Most people did not want the father procecuted, but not to at least investigate to determin if it was in fact this was an accident shorts the victim justice.

QUOTE=SmokeAndMirrors;1063449805]Sadly, I'm not surprised. I think this happens more often than we want to believe. These stories get so much coverage, and yet they seem to be happening more, not less.

Truly disgusting. Thankfully, he is apparently a moron in addition to a psycho, so hopefully this will be an open and shut case, unlike so many others where suspicions remain but no one is charged.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it makes one wonder what the guy in the next cubical is searching on his computer at work?!?!

This is a difficult one because if the case were not investigation, then no one would have really cared to authenticate the claim.

Most people did not want the father procecuted, but not to at least investigate to determin if it was in fact this was an accident shorts the victim justice.

Can you elaborate on this?

/snip

I just watched the press conference..... this story, according to law enforcement, is speculation...as no information from the investigation ( evidence) has been released to anyone yet.

So law enforcement checking his work computer is an untruth?

And on what basis would they then have charged him with murder? As you know, that is an indication of pre-meditation. "I forgot" is not.

When this guy gets to prison I hope the inmates there will give him a warm welcome. The same kind they give other child killers.

Petition for Justin Ross Harris withdrawn after evidence suggests toddler's death was homicide | AL.com

Authorities in Cobb County, however, have said this week that there's more to the investigation than meets the eye, and the evidence in the case suggests the child's death was a homicide.

The petition, which reached 11,886 signatures before it was closed by its author, was withdrawn early Thursday afternoon. A note from the anonymous author of the petition explained that if the district attorney overseeing the case comes to believe that the death was accidental, he already knows that thousands of people don't want to see Harris charged with murder for that.

"I think that based on the recent developments this petition is no longer relevant," the author wrote. "I still pray that this was truly an accident. If that is the case, the DA now knows that the community does not want Justin prosecuted on murder charges."

If these allegations are true then that father ought to be put in a Japanese hot box in the Arizona or Nevada desert for a week and see how he feels.

He should have Googled "How to give a child up to adoption".

What a monster. I can't understand people.

And on what basis would they then have charged him with murder? As you know, that is an indication of pre-meditation. "I forgot" is not.

The felony murder charge comes in connection with the child cruelty charge. A person can be charged with murder if the death happens during the commission of another felony, even if there is no premeditation.

There are definitely parts of this case that make me see how the police and prosecutor can believe that there is more to this than simply "forgetting" the child is in the car.

There is the information the OP has about the computer search on how long it takes for a dog to die if left in a car.

But there is also the other things too.

Like the fact that the most likely daycare center he would be taking the child to would be the one Home Depot operates at/near the Support Center (reportedly about 2 miles from where he works). Plus, being an employee offered daycare center, I can't imagine that he didn't take the child there at least sometimes (unless he just got the job or they did use another daycare). The Chick-Fil-A that he most likely went to was, admittedly closer to the Home Depot he likely worked at, but still how do you forget to turn left instead of right, in order to go to the daycare rather than work?

https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_y...dGlkAw--?p=chick+fil+a&addr=Atlanta,+GA+30339

Then there was what he said to those people trying to help him at the shopping center. I don't want to sound heartless, but I doubt the child was still alive when the man got back in the car after work, since in that heat, it is unlikely that a child would not have died from hyperthermia within the first couple of hours or less. Many times, in cases like this, the child is only left for 2 hours or less and dies. And there would have been no reason for him to leave windows open if he had forgotten the child in the car, so that would have made it more likely the child died sooner. Yet one witness claims the man said that his son was "choking" and that was what led to him asking for help when he stopped breathing.

I also wonder what shopping center he stopped at. If he was heading to the daycare center, it was literally right now the road from the Home Depot, on Paces Ferry Rd, right before Spring Hill Parkway. Was he simply heading home?

I imagine the police have more information than we do about this, but I don't think this was really just a case of simply forgetting, as many of these are. It honestly sounds like he either a) left the son in there on purpose (whether due to financial issues, possibly running late for work, or just laziness, or maybe he didn't remember til he got into work and by then didn't want to leave) thinking that the child "would be fine" (hard to imagine a parent actually believing this) or b) actually meant to kill his son.

Last edited:

I were the office transporting him...I'd park the car someplace hot, and go do something for the next 12 hours or so.

Don't worry. Tell the press "I forgot."

This just makes me sick to my stomach. My thoughts are with the little angel's family, excluding the asshole father.

It's one thing to harm or kill a stranger for whom you have no emotional attachment but it's that much more disturbing to kill your own child.

If it can be proven that this man did actually intend to kill his child in this manner then I'm of the opinion that he's forfeited his right to go on living.

I'm not one of those people who likes to bang on and on about elaborate torture fantasies for a guy like this as some are inclined to do. For me a simple and quick execution will suffice. Nothing is going to bring the child back so it benefits none of us to engage in that type of retribution fantasy. Just end his life quickly and quietly so that he can never harm another person and we don't have to pay for his miserable existence in a prison. Then let us never speak his name again or rememeber that he even existed.

Can't even comprehend the pain, confusion and terror this toddler went through. Honestly can't even stand to read stories like this anymore especially since I became a father myself. Horrible.

Can't even comprehend the pain, confusion and terror this toddler went through. Honestly can't even stand to read stories like this anymore especially since I became a father myself. Horrible.

Same for me. After having children I found myself more upset than ever when I read stories like this. How in the name of doG could anyone intentionally hurt his/her own child? Dear lord, it's just awful. I still can't read anything about the Susan Smith story because I simply can't imagine what those 2 boys went through right before they died, knowing the person who they most loved and trusted intentionally sent them to die.

As for this guy, if there is any truth at all to this, I hope he gets the death penalty, and then gets roasted alive after spending 10 years on death row being raped by splintery brooms.

That poor toddler. So sad.

I second that. Having your own children provides a unique prospective on the innocence and helplessness that characterize young children.

You mention Susan Smith. We all hate to hear stories like that where young children are harmed but sometimes when it's buy a person who's clearly mentally ill it's somewhat more understandable if not more bearable. We don't like it but we can make sense of it when kids are harmed at the hands of a severely mentally ill person. In a way it makes sense. however when there is no mental illness, as appears in to be the case with this guy, what can we point to as a reason? Pure evil? it makes it worse in my opinion.

Jury now searching Google for how long it would take for dad to die in hot car.

Same for me. After having children I found myself more upset than ever when I read stories like this. How in the name of doG could anyone intentionally hurt his/her own child? Dear lord, it's just awful. I still can't read anything about the Susan Smith story because I simply can't imagine what those 2 boys went through right before they died, knowing the person who they most loved and trusted intentionally sent them to die.

As for this guy, if there is any truth at all to this, I hope he gets the death penalty, and then gets roasted alive after spending 10 years on death row being raped by splintery brooms.

That poor toddler. So sad.

I am anti-Death Penalty, but if the prison van he is being transported in decides to swing by a Piggly Wiggly to pick up some snacks and leaves him in the van for few hours with the windows rolled up while the driver chats up the girl at the counter I wouldn't necessarily object.

Back
Top Bottom