• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DACA For The Wall?

DACA For The Wall?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
just wondering what both sides think

No wall because it's ****ing stupid.

That was the deal everyone agreed on in June. Trump even expanded the number of DACA resolutions that the Democrats asked for. However, in the end the deal had to be shot down because agreeing to a border deal might have been seen as a win for Trump and, without regard to whether a deal is good for the American people or not, if it so much as might be good for Trump it can't be allowed to happen.

Yes, I would probably be good with that.

No wall because it's ****ing stupid.

Democrats don't need no ******ing wall as long as Trump is in office. First get rid of Trump and then let the democrats talk about democrat-only plans for open borders security.

That was the deal everyone agreed on in June. Trump even expanded the number of DACA resolutions that the Democrats asked for. However, in the end the deal had to be shot down because agreeing to a border deal might have been seen as a win for Trump and, without regard to whether a deal is good for the American people or not, if it so much as might be good for Trump it can't be allowed to happen.
I know you want everything to be about Trump, but it isn't.

The Republicans promised a DACA vote and then they reneged, so Democrats have no reason to believe them now.

They made the mess and now they own it.

Which deal was that? And when did 'everyone' agree to it?

The Republicans promised a DACA vote and then they reneged, so Democrats have no reason to believe them now.

Trump promised to sign a "bill of love" 366 days ago, on camera, that included DACA. He ended up not doing it.

You are correct.

To answer the OP, sure, trade DACA for the wall.

No.

Pro-DACA, Anti-Wall.

I don't need to agree to a pointless wall in order to do something that actually makes sense.

DACA means everyone here illegally, anyone related to anyone here illegally, anyone married to anyone here illegally, and anyone related to anyone married to anyone here illegally - with no way to confirm any of it.

With DACA as Democrats present it, there is no border and with no border there is no need for a wall - and eventually no purpose for a US government. A country no longer needs a government if it is ceasing being a country. No border. No country.

https://ballotpedia.org/115th_Congress_on_immigration,_2017-2018#June_21.2C_2018:_House_rejects_one_immigration_bill.2C_delays_vote_on_another

On June 21, 2018, the House voted 231-193 to reject an immigration bill proposed by Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.). All Democratic members of the chamber were joined by 41 Republicans in voting against the bill. The bill would have provided funding for a border wall, modified visa programs to limit legal immigration, mandated the use of a worker verification program, allowed the administration to cut funding to sanctuary cities, allow recipients of DACA to apply for legal status, and prevent families from being separated at the border. Following the bill's defeat, Republican leaders decided to postpone a vote on a compromise bill between conservative and moderate wings of the party.[1]

Every House Democrat and 41 NeverTrump Republicans ****canned the deal.

Trump promised to sign a "bill of love" 366 days ago, on camera, that included DACA. He ended up not doing it.

You are correct.

To answer the OP, sure, trade DACA for the wall.
This idea is already dead.
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1083446901427589121

“I have never been more depressed about moving forward than right now. I just don’t see a pathway forward” Graham says on shutdown status.

I predict that over the weekend, as the first paychecks for federal employees are missed, you'll see more Republicans break and move to reopen the government, in exchange for votes on border security.

Stop labeling every Republican that doesn't mindlessly follow the Dear Leader a 'NeverTrump'.

When the Republicans burned the Flake DACA stopgap bill, that was when it became clear to Democrats that the GOP were just going to keep setting them up on this issue.

DACA for a wall is so February of last year. Things have changed since then

Now, I would only support money for a wall in exchange for protecting Dreamers and those who have temporary protected status, as well as for asylum seekers

How about this for a compromise: No wall, and we deport every single DACA recipient? That way everyone gets what they want.

Well, any takers?

DACA means everyone here illegally, anyone related to anyone here illegally, anyone married to anyone here illegally, and anyone related to anyone married to anyone here illegally - with no way to confirm any of it.

With DACA as Democrats present it, there is no border and with no border there is no need for a wall - and eventually no purpose for a US government. A country no longer needs a government if it is ceasing being a country. No border. No country.
How can any sane man fall for this blather ?
A united people with a common philosophy make a nation, NOT a line, NOT a wall !

just wondering what both sides think

Full comprehensive immigration reform with the wall and DACA a PART of that package. Let's get this issue done and put to bed for 20 years.

How about this for a compromise: No wall, and we deport every single DACA recipient? That way everyone gets what they want.

Well, any takers?

Deport them to where..... many DACA people were brought here at age 1-5, not by their choice They have no skills, including language, to survive in another country. I am curious where your basic sense of humanity may be that you could even utter such a thing.

How about we just deal with all aspects of immigration at once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom