• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DA moves to dismiss a murder charge against a Texas woman accused of a self-induced abortion

What exactly do you mean by "power"?
Read the rest that you snipped and didn't quote, and if you're confused I can't help with your reading comprehension issues. I explained it just fine.
No, it's the government system that serves the interests of the powerful. It is common knowledge that government-run courts are extremely biased in favor of the rich/politically-connected people, and against the poor.
I explained that too. Why did you ignore it. But if you insist on pretending confusion, why do the vast majority of big companies require forced arbitration as a condition of a job or service? It's not like consumers or employees demanded that change. So we know it serves THEIR interests, the entities imposing it, not the little people or companies who are forced to accept it. Do you think massive global conglomerates impose arbitration because they are worried about protecting the rights of the little people? Or maximizing their own profits and minimizing their legal exposure? 🥴 🤪

Read the rest that you snipped and didn't quote, and if you're confused I can't help with your reading comprehension issues. I explained it just fine.

No, you didn't. Tiny companies agree to private arbitration with big firms every day.

I explained that too. Why did you ignore it. But if you insist on pretending confusion, why do the vast majority of big companies require forced arbitration as a condition of a job or service?

In order to avoid government-run courts, which are extremely expensive, extremely slow, and often produce unjust decisions.

It's not like consumers or employees demanded that change. So we know it serves THEIR interests, the entities imposing it, not the little people or companies who are forced to accept it. Do you think massive global conglomerates impose arbitration because they are worried about protecting the rights of the little people? Or maximizing their own profits and minimizing their legal exposure? 🥴 🤪

Is it your position that government-run courts protect the rights of "the little people"?

You have not answered the question: Who should make laws other than elected politicians?

My state and several others have the petition and ballot initiative process.

Anyone can write a petition, within the legal guidelines, then get enough signatures to get it on the ballot. The people then vote on it in an election.

It's perfectly legal and the opportunity for the people to pass laws that their politicians in their state won't or can't pass.

Such as:

My state using the ballot initiative process, legalized gay marriage years before the Supreme Court case law made it legal.

My state using the ballot initiative process, has made it illegal to sell a weapon without a background check, including private sales and gun show sales.

We made abortion legal years before the Supreme Court. We voted to use our state medicaid tax dollars to pay for abortions on demand so that the hyde amendment doesn't stop low income people from getting a needed abortion.

We became the second state to legalize marijuana in 1998. Then became tied for the first state to make recreational marijuana legal in 2012.

Those are just a few of the ballot initiatives that we voted on.

No, you didn't. Tiny companies agree to private arbitration with big firms every day.
I get tired of feigned ignorance. I explained why tiny companies and consumers don't functionally "agree" to those forced arbitration clauses. You snipped the comment, then want me to I guess repeat myself so you can pretend again to not understand. Address what I've already posted, or not, I don't care.

But if you don't understand, then I can't help you out. We KNOW forced arbitration tilts the field in favor of the powerful, because that's what the powerful DO. They know what works for them, and what works against the interests of their employees/customers/contractors, and so pick the option that maximizes THEIR profits, and that is forced arbitration - all or nothing, agree or 90% of the market is not available to you, little person.

Charges should never have been filed in the first place.

<SARC>But, but, but - - - She BROKE THE LAW.</SARC>

Back
Top Bottom