• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DA Bragg's spokeswoman, Danielle Filson "the investigation remains ongoing" "the Investigation Division, will lead the strong team that is in place"

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Below CNN offered up a better look into the decision by DA Bragg's office to slow their investigation own but not shut it down. It also explained the very stupid and difficult laws in NY that appears protect white collar criminals. The grand jury term can be extended, and I say DO IT!! If anyone else can explain this better than the article provided, please do so. I don't give a rat's ass who the favorite politician that's under the NY office's gun - a corrupt crook is a corrupt crook and that must be dealt with!!

1645752753072.png

But the grand jury expiration is a soft deadline because the grand jury's term could be extended. And a person familiar with the matter said Bragg added several attorneys to the team who have dug into the case and taken it seriously. That partly slowed down the investigation.

Greenberg said one issue that could be stymieing prosecutors is New York's criminal code. He said that even if the Trump Organization financial statements are false and misleading, "New York law is not as well suited to white-collar offenses. Bragg must see some of the same difficulties that I'm talking about."

Greenberg said that to bring a case under New York's grand larceny law prosecutors would need to prove that Trump and the Trump Organization stole property when they gave allegedly false statements to lenders and others. That's hindered in part because Trump is in good standing on his loans. To prove a scheme to defraud, another law, he said, prosecutors would need to still prove underlying crimes.

More wishful wishing! The lead attorneys leave. There was a sitting grand jury that has not been used in over a month.
The DA has to cover himself because the anti-trump folks are in a tizzy over this.
It's going no where fast! 🤔

More wishful wishing! The lead attorneys leave. There was a sitting grand jury that has not been used in over a month.
The DA has to cover himself because the anti-trump folks are in a tizzy over this.
There's no doubt that DA Bragg has thrown a doubtful wrench into the works, but when it comes to serving justice, there's no, entirely, giving up on that prospect. In the meantime, the DJT cult followers will undoubtedly enjoy the possibility that this specific investigation has the luck of rotten NY laws and a possible DA wuss on their side. A watered-down prosecution may be the best to come out of this.

Rich folks don’t donate all that money to politicians for nothing!

Incoming NY AG James Vows to Press Cases Against Trump, White House | New  York Law Journal

As soon as AG James are done with her balls, I want her to ship them to DA Bragg overnight express. If he's married, he may need to ask his wife what to do with them.

I'm gaining more and more respect for her with each passing day.

1645822940100.png
  • New York AG Letitia James says she'll keep investigating Donald Trump, despite deposition delay.
  • Vows: "Make no mistake: My office will continue to pursue this case without fear or favor."
  • Her statement is in response to an Insider report on Trump family efforts to halt court-ordered depositions.

Back
Top Bottom