• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

D.C. sniper mastermind set to be executed Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you removed the butt rape, the stabbings and other prison violence then how is it really a punishment? Don't commit murder, rape, steal or you'll live in a nice dormitory that practically has all the same **** in it that law abiding citizens get to enjoy? If these guys turned big rocks into little rocks all day long worked in chain gangs, had no luxeries such as tvs, air conditioning, libraries, computers and many other things then the Oh lets stick them behind bars for the rest of their lives argument might hold up water. You are basically telling the victim's loved ones that they have to support their loved one's murderer for the rest of his natural life. "Sorry Chester the child molester raped and murdered little Suzy, now you all get to support Chester for the rest of his natural life".

On some level, a certain level of existence should be expected. Though you are right, you can make it so there's no TV or anything. I think libraries, computers, schooling, etc. is probably ok though.

In the end, given all the "luxuries" of prison, I'd expect that damned well near all of them would rather be outside than in.

Turns out I was wrong Mohammad was convicted in State Court and Obama cannot commute his sentence or interfere in any way. So scratch one Islamic convert. Mohammad is most likely praying his ass off hoping he'll get his 72 virgins or what ever it is. I some how doubt it. Can you imagine how long it would take to find 72 virgins?

Jackboot said:
How often do prisoners kill other prisoners, or their guards, well.....this is a common occurance, actually.
Ethreal said:
Do you have any data pertaining to this?

In 2006, 55 prisoners died by homicide.

Bureau of Justice Statistics - Deaths In Custody Statistical Tables - State Prison Deaths Tables List

June 30, 2006 there was a total of 2,245,189 inmates, according to the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Press Release: Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2006

I guess it all depends on your definition of common occurrence...lol...:lol:

In 2006, 55 prisoners died by homicide.

Bureau of Justice Statistics - Deaths In Custody Statistical Tables - State Prison Deaths Tables List

June 30, 2006 there was a total of 2,245,189 inmates, according to the Justice Department’s Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Press Release: Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2006

I guess it all depends on your definition of common occurrence...lol...:lol:

Now how many of those 2 million are violent criminals?

Even in a city of two million, this would be a problem..

Last edited:
It's not about a deterrent. It's about removing "broken" genes from our gene pool and saving money keeping broken individuals alive. In this case, a few years and a 40 cent bullet would have saved the tax payers a helluva lot of money.

The death penalty costs more than a life sentence and I don't support doing away with our lengthy appeals process especially for capital crimes. I for one think forcing this guy to live the rest of his life in a supermax isolation chamber 24 hours a day and 1 hour per week for exercise and showers with no books, no t.v., no outside human contact etc is a far worse (and fitting) punishment than giving this guy an easy out with a quick painless death.

In this country we believe in innocent until proven guilty not innocent even long after he was proven guilty in a court of law.

That's the same thing as saying you don't believe in innocent until proven guilty. The appeals process was instituted specifically to address the multitude of historical injustices which occurred when ignorant or corrupt persons presided exclusively over the accused and determined (short of reprieve from the king) what their material punishment would be. The lengthy appeals process at least involves many more people and encourages more information-gathering, preventing or mitigating many serious miscarriages of justice.

More generally, based on the extreme rhetoric dispersed through this thread, I think death penalty advocates invest too much in their feelings of indignation. Just because you feel rage doesn't mean it should be indulged to the max. Due process and the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment exist for very good reasons, fundamental to the survival of our republic (no due process, easy for insiders to manipulate the legal process to unjust, self-serving outcomes, no prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment, no protection for potential innocents, who will exist in abundance in a society without due process).

To put it in Kantian terms, if you aren't willing to live in a society like this, where often the "justice system" is just a byword for the process by which political dissenters from the established administration are systematically exposed and executed, then you probably should be more moderate with regards to how much you stoke your anger. Furthermore, if you aren't yourself willing to be the recipient of this treatment (that is, if you yourself aren't willing at any time to be falsely convicted of murder in the justice system and accorded the highest punishment), then you aren't being morally consistent. That is, basically, even if you were given the opportunity to escape to a foreign country the night before being executed, you would resist the temptation and go willingly to your appointed death. If you aren't willing to do that, then you aren't being moral in your support of the death penalty.

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRfiL3kyh60"]YouTube- 'D.C. Sniper' To Be Executed[/ame]

10 .... 9 ..... 8.....

Well, let's see, there are prison murders, prison assaults, prison riots, prison rapes . . ..

He's dead. No last words. No emotion shown.

Chemicals started at 9:06, pronounced dead at 9:11.

Good riddance, ahole.

Last edited:
I just filled a mass krug (oktoberfest mug) with bier in celibration of the death of this jihadist pig. If you have any doubts that John Muhammad was a jihadist take a look at this drawing by his accomplice Lee Malvo.

Here's to the death of a jihadist swine. :cheers:

AllahInshallahJihad.jpg

That's the same thing as saying you don't believe in innocent until proven guilty.

No its not. He was innocent all the way until the jury found him guilty in a court of law, so he is no longer innocent. That is what innocent until proven guilty means, not "Still innocent even after he was proven guilty".

Due process and the prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment exist for very good reasons, fundamental to the survival of our republic (no due process, easy for insiders to manipulate the legal process to unjust, self-serving outcomes, no prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment, no protection for potential innocents, who will exist in abundance in a society without due process).

The death penalty is not cruel and unusual punishment because they still executed right after the 8th amendment was written and they executed people for crimes other than murder.

To put it in Kantian terms, if you aren't willing to live in a society like this, where often the "justice system" is just a byword for the process by which political dissenters from the established administration are systematically exposed and executed,

What the **** does this have to do with murderers getting executed?

Furthermore, if you aren't yourself willing to be the recipient of this treatment (that is, if you yourself aren't willing at any time to be falsely convicted of murder in the justice system and accorded the highest punishment), then you aren't being morally consistent.

It doesn't matter if I want to be executed or not, many people do not want to go to prison does that mean we should abolish the prison system?
That is, basically, even if you were given the opportunity to escape to a foreign country the night before being executed, you would resist the temptation and go willingly to your appointed death. If you aren't willing to do that, then you aren't being moral in your support of the death penalty.

Again what the hell does this have to do with wanting a murderer to be executed? Not a damn thing. So quit babbling nonsensical gibberish thati is not in any shape or form related to supporting the death penalty for convicted murderers.

I just filled a mass krug (oktoberfest mug) with bier in celibration of the death of this jihadist pig. If you have any doubts that John Muhammad was a jihadist take a look at this drawing by his accomplice Lee Malvo.

Here's to the death of a jihadist swine. :cheers:

AllahInshallahJihad.jpg

How is this any different than douchebags at CBS or some other news staton airing the Virginia tech shooter loser's video or notes? Its basically giving these scum what they want. If those in the Army are smart then they will burn any notes/suicide letters or permanently seal them.

How is this any different than douchebags at CBS or some other news staton airing the Virginia tech shooter loser's video or notes? Its basically giving these scum what they want. If those in the Army are smart then they will burn any notes/suicide letters or permanently seal them.

There any many people who have said that Muhammad and Malvo where not jihadist. This drawing/letter contradicts thier uneducated conclusion. We should see this. It is necessary. Just as we should see the events of 911 so we dont forget who the enemy is.

If you just execute someone outright you set a dangerous precedent. The law is not infallible and neither is mob justice. Any person regardless of the act has to be afforded basic human rights. To say that they shouldn't as they took the rights of their victims is a ridiculous double-standard.

Also, the 'punishment' system doesn't work. I know in my country re-offending rates dropped when the labour government brought in the rehab initiatives instead of simply 'put them in a cell and let them suffer'. You do that and eventually you create a generation of bitter, angry little criminals.

If you just execute someone outright you set a dangerous precedent. The law is not infallible and neither is mob justice. Any person regardless of the act has to be afforded basic human rights.
Like due process and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? And the right to appeal?

Every study done shows the people subject to capital punishment never re-offend.

0% recidivism.

That's one hell of an effective deterrent, I'd say.

Obviously we were talking about general deterrence, not specific deterrence.

Last edited:
So, you're willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars just to give a victim's family the feeling of redemption? That doesn't seem very sensible.

You're talking about LOTS of victim's families, not per case, so yes. I'm also certain that we could do this for about 10 percent of that cost, but government bureaucracy and litigation expenses what they are........

I wish we'd get more medieval about it. THAT would be a deterrent, at least for a few.

Like due process and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? And the right to appeal?

And the right to live until 'God' or whoever else chooses his time to die. When man assumes they have the knowledge to choose who should die and who should live we have a huge double-standard issue.

I mean, let's say random liberal A wants to execute George Bush for war crimes and leading thousands to their deaths. Should you let him?

And the right to live until 'God' or whoever else chooses his time to die. When man assumes they have the knowledge to choose who should die and who should live we have a huge double-standard issue.

I mean, let's say random liberal A wants to execute George Bush for war crimes and leading thousands to their deaths. Should you let him?

random liberal A is an individual, not a government of the peoplel.

and God has graciously allowed us to choose at least a portion of our destiny....

The snipers chose to die the minute they pulled the trigger the first time...

The Associated Press: D.C. sniper mastermind set to be executed Tuesday

It's upon us now. But I've made my own thoughts about retaliatory "justice" clear enough in that there's a lack of focus on general deterrence issues. :shrug:

These events never happened.

The DC sniper was a White, Right-Wing Terrorist.

No Muslim was ever involved in these shootings, it is all just a Conspiracy Theory Lie!

Islam, by Definition, is a Religion of Peace and Beauty... or had you momentarily forgotten.

Muslims, by Definition, are victims of Christian Aggression... or had you momentarily forgotten.

-

Six year old thread? Yawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom