• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CZ75 hammer replacement suggestions

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I recently started carrying a CZ75 Compact and have noticed that the hammer spur occasionally rubs on my skin. The holster fixes most of the problem but not 100%. While I like the idea of the deep serrations on the hammer spur they aren't particularly useful for me and comfort is more of a concern.

Anyone got a good suggestion for a replacement hammer?

I recently started carrying a CZ75 Compact and have noticed that the hammer spur occasionally rubs on my skin. The holster fixes most of the problem but not 100%. While I like the idea of the deep serrations on the hammer spur they aren't particularly useful for me and comfort is more of a concern.

I have several top of the line CZ pistols-including a bunch from the CZ custom shop and I have a SP-01 (the decock version) for home defense. I would suggest looking at CZcustom's website to see what they have. I have been really happy shooting for this entity competitively and their support when I have had minor issues with my steel guns

I echo what TD said. Another source is Cajun Gun Works. Do you ever plan on competing with this pistol?

I echo what TD said. Another source is Cajun Gun Works. Do you ever plan on competing with this pistol?

I probably won't be competing with it but you never know. The idea was really for an EDC with a little more capacity than the 1911 Commander I've been carrying. Frankly, I was thinking there's be more difference in size but it isn't much, if any. The CZ feels a little lighter and the shape of the grip means less printing. Overall, I'm happy with it.

I probably won't be competing with it but you never know. The idea was really for an EDC with a little more capacity than the 1911 Commander I've been carrying. Frankly, I was thinking there's be more difference in size but it isn't much, if any. The CZ feels a little lighter and the shape of the grip means less printing. Overall, I'm happy with it.

The Production Class in competition has fairly strict rules on replacement parts. Make sure if you wish to compete in Production that the replacement hammer is approved.

The Production Class in competition has fairly strict rules on replacement parts. Make sure if you wish to compete in Production that the replacement hammer is approved.

I was looking at the CGW site and noticed that. All the parts seemed to be selected for compliance with one sanctioning authority or another.

I was looking at the CGW site and noticed that. All the parts seemed to be selected for compliance with one sanctioning authority or another.

When I was modding my SP01 a few years ago they didn't have the legal hammer style I wanted so I got it from CZ Custom. Good to know that they've caught up.

When I was modding my SP01 a few years ago they didn't have the legal hammer style I wanted so I got it from CZ Custom. Good to know that they've caught up.

you ever witness an AD when someone was trying to lower the hammer on a 75 or an SP-01 in production class

you ever witness an AD when someone was trying to lower the hammer on a 75 or an SP-01 in production class

No, but that's why I went with the decocker model.

No, but that's why I went with the decocker model.

all the competition versions require that action. I use them for steel where I don't have to deal with the hammer down nonsense

I have a holster like this and it keeps the hammer and beaver tail from cutting into my fat.

Attachments

• banshee_back_c2850ee5-0eee-4bd6-91da-8bba452d3fbb_2048x.jpg
    banshee_back_c2850ee5-0eee-4bd6-91da-8bba452d3fbb_2048x.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom