• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cynic This…

Unfortunately, being a realist in today’s reality makes you out like the cynic by default. Either you shut-up about reality, be a good little adult, or you start to annoy even yourself for how unbearable you’ve become, trying to put reality in my face all the friggin time, get a life... If you don’t sound like a cynic, munchkins, if you can still stand to hear yourself think, you’re in la-la land, and I’m just the dude to tell you… Neo.

I realize now that cynics don’t want to be cynics. I’m not a fan. I liked it better when I didn’t know how cynical I was either. But I got older and taller, and I seem to lack whatever gland the rest of you developed that lets you swallow this much s**t for this long. Plus, I spent too much time discovering too much of what I didn’t want to know was true. Why do I torture myself with this depressing s**t? What is my human nature? Why does it seem so different from yours? (That better be a Stradivarius, smart ass)

Why do I become the ‘cynic’ and you become the ‘grown-up’? It’s literally backward. I want to know what happens to us, when it happens. If we think certain things are improper when we’re kids…? I just can’t walk away from the logic that tells me those things are still wrong today, but instead of using adult brains to right those childish wrongs, we’re just numbing ourselves to a make-believe spot, complete with invisible friends, that allows us to live with how wrong it all is, call it ‘being grown-ups’... You sound pretty nutty when I say it.

Does the numbing start when we begin having kids? When we sign our first mortgage? When we collect our first pay-cheque? Our first love? Losing virginity? First love lost? Betrayed? When we’re kids watching MTV with all the definitions of Rolex success? Does a gay Teletubby start all the trouble? Or when we hear our parents for the first time tell us to ‘do unto others’? When do we lose that fight in us to make things right? How long does it take the average decent person, what are the key clauses? When is the defining moment that we sell our souls?

And then when have we heard enough repetition of all those famous clichés, all that ‘education’, all that wisdom and knowledge we’ve picked up through our experiences in our very real lives, to where it doesn’t actually mean anything anymore, we’re sick of hearing from people like me, the word ‘activist’ has a yucky feel to it, and only obvious cynics or loons still pick on ‘the establishment’ to my outrageously radical degree…? When does this happen? I want to see it flicker out in you, I want to see it die, dead and buried. Then, I’ll leave your sorry asses alone, ‘take it like a man’.

I need to know how you can let this madness continue and worsen with absolutely no pride in yourself, an utter disgusting embarrassment with throaty guffaws from your high horses that you still have to climb down from when you get to your private places. Are you more afraid of losing your flat-panel lifestyles or of dying…? I don’t even think I want to know the answer…

Why am I so convinced that most of you are dead wrong about your reactions, your apathy, your blindness, and that I’m way closer to the truth, my reactions are ‘more correct’? How did I get to this place where depending on how cynical or offensive you think I am, is how out of touch with reality I know you to be…? How can I be so unsure about being so sure? Have you gone insane with all my questions yet?

Most of you are still thinking like consumers of media. They are NOT your friend, munchkin, f**K. You see officials and systems as Eddie Haskell’s, and I see them for the corrrksucking iceholes (‘Johnny Dangerously’, anyone?) they are – and choose not to delude myself about it. You see something we can afford to lollygag about, and I see us under vicious attack, being mowed down with abused words and images in our media, with the crescendo hitting full speed. We’re naked and hooded with the dogs barely at bay. You don’t buy a word of what I’m selling, and of course, it can all be plausibly denied by Head Munchkins, especially with Homeland Security at risk, and hard-copy contracts on souls hard to come by…

You’ve got a twisted view of the real rules, munchkins. Laws aren’t to be obeyed. Pfff. They’re to be skirted, worked behind, lobbied at to be taken down or have fines reduced to a cost of doing business... Wars aren’t to be avoided or made as short as possible – there’s no f**king money in that… A War on Terror is like a wet dream in Head Munchkin trousers, don’t you get it? It’s a never-ending state of war, like a War on Drugs, a War on Teen Pregnancy, and anything else that you can agree with or be terrified of but can never win a ‘war’ against… You make ‘war’ on anything, so people can get paid and gain more control – at YOUR heavy expense...

This is the real f**king deal though, munchkins. The big show. Glorified armies in full swing, secret prisons, torture, civil rights and constitutional nightmares in the world’s shining beacon of freedom, dissent is nearly extremism now, militarized police, rampant corruption and election shenanigans, disastrous educational system, complacent media, complacent as f**k munchkins… You guys are in big, big trouble. The world is in big, big trouble. YOUR expenses are way too high to ignore whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not. Sorry. I wish it could click for you, the sheer obviousness of history repeating horrifically…

You think I’d rather be doing this than writing Penthouse Forum letters and frivolous complaints to snotty customer service representatives in their fancy-bunned hair? NBL. The US is now the belligerent soldier in the ranks who is constantly getting the entire corps put on toilet duty. If I thought nothing ‘big’ could happen in my lifetime, my family’s lifetime, I’d be less inclined to beat a dead horse. Unfortunately, the dead horse was about our only ticket out of this mess. The world was counting on you, the citizen, to reign in your government – as was provided to you in the Constitution that once made your country so great… Acknowledging it doesn't make me the bigger cynic, munchkins…

Seeing such a large number of passive or oblivious people in the face of such grave misrepresentation, lies, danger… Not only is that more terrifying than the actual danger, and the possibility of losing my mind, but it brings Orwell’s famous novel to mind… And, of course, the media and you have taught me that it’s not a good thing to think those sorts of silly fictional things, and if I challenge the media and you on that level of ‘paranoid thought’, I’m even more nuts than the whole lot of it, not to mention I’m trying to raise the dead by beating them…

But the reality just doesn’t go away, and the insinuations are just as real as they would be for any other day of the week, in any other area of town, no matter what side of the tracks. I get enough unfortunate affirmation from other human beings, both directly and indirectly. I just observe…

You all know there is basically a ‘controlling’ entity down here on earth, ripping off the little guy whenever they get a chance. You’re all quite cynical from within your ‘sides’, within what your media has you thinking and talking about. You still don’t understand how cynical you are, even as my cynicism seems to encompass all of yours, plus the s**t you don’t like to bother with. I’m not just cynical, munchkin, I’m currently f**king FUBAR’d at witnessing a truly ‘brainwashed’ population. I mean, this is what it really looks like, and I’m Winston… (Scheider-scope)

to continue

cont’d

So, we’re like at the most gargantuan evolutionary crossroads in human history, either we survive or we perish? For real? And in my lifetime this is happening, too? Pfff… I can’t buy it, it just sounds stupid. You’ve been watching too many catastrophe movies lately. Plus, 2012 is just around the corner, c’mahhhhn, I’m not buying into that hysteria…

Eyeah… I guess… If I were a Head Munchkin, though, I’d certainly consider exploiting it somehow. Hundreds of millions, maybe a billion or more people believe Christ is coming, believe the ending Mayan calendar is the end of the world, believe we are seeing signs today that our wrath is coming or is already underway. You think Head Munchkins haven’t noticed, haven’t thought of ways to milk the hysteria for everything they can to wrap up another phase, or close it down altogether?

A global pandemic/epidemic? A suitcase nuke or two? Aliens landing, intergalactic war to save humanity as a whole? Say anything anti-human, and you’d be an ‘alien sympathizer’, or even ‘infected’, hung up by your teet’s in front of flag-waving crowds. It wouldn’t matter if you found it ridiculous, didn’t believe the officials - it’s that you wouldn’t budge if you didn’t, flag waver…

It doesn’t matter what happens, or when, as long as you’re scared s**tless, afraid to stand out, bickering amongst yourselves in the proper color-coded confines, off topic and such, ignoring what you can’t change anyway, but especially traumatized and patriotic, begging government to solve the crisis, proud of your military for fending off the most life threatening challenge the world has ever faced as a whole…

Head Munchkins can coral you into just about anything they want, before you even know what hit you – and you’ll thank them for it, while you piss and moan behind their backs. Look at you, lost in your pen today, grateful that you can pay eye-gouging prices for safe water and miniature wrinkle creams on the other side of airport security… Plus, they have the lawyers, lobbyists, networks, guns, tanks and secret prisons on their side, can destroy your life or make you disappear…

Your reality is what they f***ing tell you, whether you believe it or not, isn’t it, munchkin? You’re just playing pretend about playing pretend every day, aren’t cha, huh? It’s all just a spectator sport to you, isn’t it? ahhhhhbooboobububub. Just killing time, makin’ do? What are ‘you’ going to do about it anyway, right, cutie? No wonder you’re such a mess. Probably still think I’m the real cynic here too, you’re too cute. Whatzat, huh? Izitchur tail? Whatzit, git it…

Adorable. Don’t change a thing…

:peace

pull-my-finger-albums-blog-entries-picture67114582-cynic.jpg

We--as a society-- have become way too numb, PMF. Have you read the book, "No Logo?"

Middleground;bt986 said:
We--as a society-- have become way too numb, PMF. Have you read the book, "No Logo?"
Agreed.

I haven’t yet, somehow feel like I should have by now. Thanks for putting it in my head while my fingertips were ready. The first part is online, I read a few pages, saved the link. Advertising/PR have always been an interest of mine, I’ve read a few of her articles along the way too…

Sometimes, she makes me feel like a natural woman…

Back
Top Bottom