• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cyberpunk 2077

@Lutherf To disassemble, click on item in inventory(the backpack part) and hit "Z" I think it is. Warning, the new patch introduced a bug(LoLz) in crafting.

@Lutherf

It's rather strange so, there is some confusion on this but it does appear on every version of the game, if you craft and have too many items on you at any one time and your save file exceeds 8mb, the file can become corrupted and be completely unrecoverable.

Something to bear in mind.

@Lutherf

It's rather strange so, there is some confusion on this but it does appear on every version of the game, if you craft and have too many items on you at any one time and your save file exceeds 8mb, the file can become corrupted and be completely unrecoverable.

Something to bear in mind.

Hey now, to their credit, they say they might, some day, maybe, actually look to fix that bug.

Sadly, that is not a real exaggeration of their comment:

Unfortunately the save is damaged and can't be recovered.
Please use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials.
If you have used the item duplication glitch, please load a save file not affected by it.
The save file size limit might be increased in one of the future patches, but the corrupted files will remain that way.

This one makes me with you could get a refund on the Steam version. I will never give CDPR another dime of my money.

Hey now, to their credit, they say they might, some day, maybe, actually look to fix that bug.

Sadly, that is not a real exaggeration of their comment:

Well considering the game is... This may be a bit of hyperbole but I'll go for it anyway... in a seeming Alpha State... They've got plenty on their plate to fix.

Cyberpunk Santa is checking out the poker game!
1CC036D7-3924-4C25-A363-44D29DB20A2D.jpeg

I think my short review of Cyberpunk 2077 would be this: Broken so good.

Is it broken? Oh yeah, yeah it is. Granted, I don't have quite the same complaints (or complaints at all?) quite like the previous gen consoles have. I run on a 6 year old PC, so there is always a hack to fix most issues I might encounter with the game.

* Crafting doesn't seem all that broken when the game just gives away all the high end loot you will ever need. There are, for instance, no better "armor" items that you can craft than those you will find generously placed all over the map unguarded. You can't BUY plans for a legendary 3 piece suit... but you can pick the pieces off of 3 random bodies without firing a shot.

* Don't listen to what anyone tells you about the most powerful weapons in the game... except me. ;) Without a doubt, the most powerful weapon in the game is any smart weapon. Don't be fooled by their low relative DPS. DPS in this game is a pointless stat since you can pump the power of any weapon to bean effectively 1 shot kill. For early game, the Ashura Smart Sniper is utterly broken.. mind bogglingly broken. Even before you can afford the biotech to make full use of the Smart function the weapon is broken. Here's why:

The AI controls the target of a smart weapon, later when you have the biotech you get to see how the smart weapon picks it's target, but you can figure it out with a little trial and error. Essentially, the huge aim-space of the weapon denotes the area in front of you that the AI will use to find a target. When it finds a target, it will attempt to pick the target closest to the center of the aim space. This makes perfect sense since you'd expect it to try and best match where you are aiming... but, here is where it goes haywire, the AI, after selecting the most central target will then target the BODY PART closest to the center of the aim space. This is utterly broken because once you know this you can easily force the smart weapon to shoot headshots 100% of the time.

Early game this is best exploited with the Ashura at very long ranges because the AI is broken and doesn't really even engage until you are at some minimum distance. Out in the desert you can headshot as many enemies as you want at long range and they'll never really alert to your location. The damage of the Ashura, given the 100% headshot ability, far surpasses any other sniper, and doesn't stop being a 1 shot kill until the target is 20+ levels higher than the rifle. Moreover, the Ashura legendary crafting plan is amazingly easy to acquire since several gun shops have it in stock for 20k, and the resources to graft it was absurdly low.

LATE game, however ,I set the Ashura aside because, for some unknown reason, SMGs and Sniper Rifles share the same skill bonuses, and there is one SMG in this game that is even more broken than the Ashura. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, or how I acquired it, but in a pinch in a long mission I equipped the SMG since I ran out of sniper ammo, and never looked back.

All Legendary weapons have a bonus damage-over-time (DOT) stat that has a chance of happening ("proc" in game parlance) per-hit. The devs tried to balance the effect by having the proc rate lower for faster firing weapons, as well as lower damage per-tick. But one SMG in the game is special. This SMG (I'll find the name when I have time) doesn't have one legendary Proc, it has all 4, and all 4 have the same base proc rate as any other SMG. So the chance of a special damage proc with this SMG is roughly 40%... and that means that in a full clip it will proc 3 DOTs of each element type!

To make that even more broken, all enemies in the game have one element that they are especially susceptible to, and with this SMG you don't have to bother figuring out which weakness they have since you apply all of them pretty much all the time. Robots are especially laughable since I blow them all up with, it seems, the first bullet.

With the Smart weapon Biotech, the weapon selects new targets as fast as I kill them, and so long as I "aim" the weapon above the head of a crowd of enemies, I can kill every enemy in the target box without even changing my point of aim since ever round I fire is an almost guaranteed headshot. There was one mission where I needed to sneak into a heavily guarded night club and steal assassinate someone. I walked in the back door, waited for all the guards to be in my reticle and pulled the trigger. 2 seconds and 20 rounds later and they were all dead.

wow, that's a ramble. If I get some time I'll load the game up and check the name of the SMG so I can find out where I picked it up.

Last edited:
Also, While hacking bazillions of eurodollars might be an easy exploit, it really isn't needed since the crafting exploits give you all you ever need with regard to gear.

But, pretty much if you are looking to dominate the gangs of Night City, find the closest gun shop, buy a blue or better Ashura schematic, craft it, and you have officially won the Night City arms race.

Kill a bunch of gang members, until you earn enough to buy the Smart Weapon biotech mod at the ripper doc and you have maximized your damage beyond what the game was designed to handle... at least for about 20 levels of so.

Ok, details on the SMG.

It turns out that it is a drop in one of the world boss fights. If I recall, the plan drops off the boss. Location:

1609900715401.png

And here is the weapon as I currently have it crafted at level 39:

1609900702546.png

Each headshot does about 5k-6k, which won't win any awards, but it is more health than enemies enemies have in their health pool... and the DOTs just melt those that might survive the first shot.

I played through it once when it first came out on a series x (which I was lucky enough to randomly find at best buy not too long after launch). I will probably do it again once the raytracing stuff is enabled.

I played through it once when it first came out on a series x (which I was lucky enough to randomly find at best buy not too long after launch). I will probably do it again once the raytracing stuff is enabled.

I was lucky enough to nab one on pre order opening day.

It really is incredible how scarce stuff is man, every CPU, GPU worth a damn and every PS5 and XSX is gone in minutes of being posted is cray cray..

Ive really got into building computers and want to but cant find a single GPU anywhere without paying insane prices.

in any case, I got cyberpunk for XSX and ended up refunding it before finishing it as they were handin out blanket refunds, just can’t forgive what they did with The game and how much they lied.

vote with your dollar thing for me.

I was lucky enough to nab one on pre order opening day.

It really is incredible how scarce stuff is man, every CPU, GPU worth a damn and every PS5 and XSX is gone in minutes of being posted is cray cray..

Ive really got into building computers and want to but cant find a single GPU anywhere without paying insane prices.

in any case, I got cyberpunk for XSX and ended up refunding it before finishing it as they were handin out blanket refunds, just can’t forgive what they did with The game and how much they lied.

vote with your dollar thing for me.
I built my computer when the ryzen 3xxx series came out and I am glad I did.

In terms of cyberpunk though, i love the plot, but yeah, it was not finished and was obviously rushed out the door for the holidays.

Right now I am getting into control (finally) with the new raytracing stuff. freaky game, but I am only about 20 minutes in right now.

Back
Top Bottom