• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cyber-Warfare On the Table

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don’t agree with publicly announcing this capability. If the Russian Federation has the same capability, what is the point of using this weapon. We stop their electrical grid, then they disable ours. These measures need to happen in secret, imo.

“Anything we can do to them, they can do to us,” one U.S. official said.

I don’t agree with publicly announcing this capability. If the Russian Federation has the same capability, what is the point of using this weapon. We stop their electrical grid, then they disable ours. These measures need to happen in secret, imo.

It's stupid to tip our hand like that. Don't talk about hitting them. Hit them and then neither confirm nor deny that we did so. God, I grew up post-Cold War and even I know that.

It's stupid to tip our hand like that. Don't talk about hitting them. Hit them and then neither confirm nor deny that we did so. God, I grew up post-Cold War and even I know that.
Did you watch Biden’s presser just now?

No I cannot watch live video at the moment. Was there something major I missed?
No, I heard Biden say, “check back in a month,” to see if the proposed sanctions had any effect. I know the US response is limited, but strength is not what I took away from the presser.

No, I heard Biden say, “check back in a month,” to see if the proposed sanctions had any effect. I know the US response is limited, but strength is not what I took away from the presser.

God. Irrespective of party, we need someone younger in the White House.

Maybe we should conduct a cyber "training exercise"?

Yep. Frankly I would not be the least bit surprised if I loss all my froze foods over this. Even miss my Nets play.

This would mean no water, heat, stove for me.

I fully expect this will occur. Maybe this will wake up American to the fact that we are at war and must stand united, in spite of TRump.

Back
Top Bottom