• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cut the Cake raises over 8,000 dollars in two days

sawdust

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Someone posted a video asking Cut the Cake bakery in Florida to bake a sheet cake with the inscription "We do not support gay marriage". They hung up on the caller.

Now you can go to go fund me and donate money to them. Not sure why.

Support Cut The Cake by Cyndol Lee Knarr - GoFundMe

Someone posted a video asking Cut the Cake bakery in Florida to bake a sheet cake with the inscription "We do not support gay marriage". They hung up on the caller.

Now if you want to see stupid, gullible people throwing their money away, here is the GoFundMe for you!

Who does this benefit other than the GoFundMe creator?

We've seen bakeries, florists, and photographers involved in all of this. We've completely forgotten the limo service providers. Discrimination.

And now it's the "christians" tormenting a business.

gee, I thought it was only us liberals that did that? (eye roll)

Now if you want to see stupid, gullible people throwing their money away, here is the GoFundMe for you!

Who does this benefit other than the GoFundMe creator?

Apparently there are way more gullible and stupid people on the right since the pizzeria that never actually had a valid issue made over $850K last I read from the religious righties.

Homophobes think throwing money at their cause will make it go away IMO.
You think 'homophobes' are donating to "Cut the Cake"???

Its funny you think anyone is 'afraid' of homosexuals.

And now it's the "christians" tormenting a business.

gee, I thought it was only us liberals that did that? (eye roll)

No. Its STUPID PEOPLE regardless of their political persuasion.

Of course...since you self identified........

Hah, yeah, death threats and picketers are "no valid issue". The original GoFundMe was for $25,000 to support the restaurant until it reopened. The $850,000 goes to the restaurant as a reward for not bending to the leftist goon squad.

In this GoFundMe, however, the only person benefiting is some random person with not so much as hint at how this money will benefit the LGBT movement. They are literally giving a random person money for no purpose. This GoFundMe could have been started by me for all you know.

Thank you for admitting what a total hypocrite you are.

Apparently there are way more gullible and stupid people on the right since the pizzeria that never actually had a valid issue made over $850K last I read from the religious righties.

Clear that there are more ignorant and gullible "stupid voters" on the left whining about the right all the time.

No "valid issue? What do you call death threats? Is the Obama crowd so ****ing lazy they won't even read the opening paragraph to a story? DEATH THREATS over an answer to a baited theoretical question...is this what you Obama fawning apologists dismiss? Is this the true callousness of the supposed left?

I guess in your world destroying a family and a business is just peachy.....so long as its "them'

The whole lot of you are raging bigots hiding behind vote buying schemes as social justice. There is no social justice in condoning what has happened here as you have done..

Now get ready, as you have excuse it, made light of it, you have zero complaint when someone does it to you

Ignorantleft is now one word and completely morally bankrupt

No. Its STUPID PEOPLE regardless of their political persuasion.

Of course...since you self identified........

{shrug}

I see a difference between a pizza place saying they wouldn't cater a SSM wedding (when they would cater other marriages) and this case, where a guy wanted a bakery to write a hateful message on the cake. They wouldn't write a hateful message for anyone, doesn't matter who it is. And they do cater all marriages, not just SSM.

You may not see the difference. Not my problem.

:shock:

No issue?

“Who's going to Walkerton, IN to burn down #memoriespizza with me?"

"SBPD just arrived here at Memories Pizza. The shop is closed until 4 pm."

It would seem the gullible and stupid are those who would post Memories Pizza never actually had a valid issue.

Destroy, the rally cry of the left when their targets don't bow down to their commands.

You think 'homophobes' are donating to "Cut the Cake"???

Its funny you think anyone is 'afraid' of homosexuals.

It's funny that they can't find proof that the opposition is fearful of gays and yet people still use the term homophobe to describe them. lol.

No issue?

It would seem the gullible and stupid are those who would post Memories Pizza never actually had a valid issue.

Destroy, the rally cry of the left when their targets don't bow down to their commands.

Ah, but you seem to think threatening a RR is a problem but threatening a liberal isn't. Hypocritical to say the very least.

Why do they feel the need to donate?

In the Cut the Cake case, they refused to put ANTI-gay messages on pastries, hence it is the pro-civil rights folks donating to their "cause".

Ah, but you seem to think threatening a RR is a problem but threatening a liberal isn't. Hypocritical to say the very least.

:lamo

You're kidding right? You realize your post was lame, and you can't think of any reasonable reply.

No issue?

Of course, only "the left" has assholes on Twitter. :roll:

In the Cut the Cake case, they refused to put ANTI-gay messages on pastries, hence it is the pro-civil rights folks donating to their "cause".

You are right. I was thinking about the donations to the bakery that refused to serve LGBT people. They have received thousands. So they are both wrong IMO.

Around here most of them are gay

But still, that doesn't prevent someone from calling them and requesting service. Then they deny the service, get threatened, and go to Gofundme. Or, offer the service at an outrageous price, claim discrimination when rejected, and go to Gofundme. Or, just claim you were about to start a limo service, but because you happened to be gay no one would support your effort, and go to Gofundme. Or....

Back
Top Bottom