• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

Spy City Season 1- I'm normally a sucker for spy thriller shows, but this one is a dud. It's about 1960s Berlin, and a British spy being sent in to find out why he ended up killing one of his own. It tries hard to be a John LeCarre Cold War thriller, but lacks the rich characters or nuances of the author. Every cliche imaginable and an over the top ridiculous story ruins it for me. I still think the best spy thriller show on TV is The Bureau, and maybe I was spoiled expecting this show to be like that one. Rating: 2/10

Hemingway on PBS. As a writer, he was an enormous influence on me, and I think this is a great documentary about EH. It covers all his triumphs and all his faults, and it turns out to be a pretty engrossing miniseries. Good stuff. Rating: 9/10

Castlevania Season 4- Sadly, its the final season. Probably the best anime on Netflix. Good mix of action and humor without the usual tropes. Rating: 8.5/10

Just started Hacks on HBO Max. Jean Smart plays a comedian that was once huge but is getting stale. Hannah Einbinder plays the millennial comedy writer who screwed up with an offensive tweet and has no other job but to try to write new topical stuff for a comedian that she doesn't like, or understand.

Hannah Einbinder is gonna be big, her standup that she did on Colbert, first time ever on a national show....she killed.

And, she has a famous mother....

Outlander and Mozart in the Jungle. Both addictive.

Loki delivers! Yes! The humor is back. Some rough patches but overall, starts quickly, a little sluggish where they want to establish ground rules for the TVA,

They tried to do some 'humanizing' of Loki...which Tom Hiddleston pulled off well, but I'm still not buying it. We'll see.

I think next episodes will only get better.

This season of American Horror Story has been very good. Still have to watch the finale of the first half of the Double Feature but if they stick the landing would consider this the best since Asylum.

This season of American Horror Story has been very good. Still have to watch the finale of the first half of the Double Feature but if they stick the landing would consider this the best since Asylum.
Really? The last couple have been... Not so good. And the spin off.... 😩

I can’t remember if I made an earlier recommendation of Stargirl— the only well scripted superhero show I’ve seen lately— but the show’s second season so far is as good as the first.

Really? The last couple have been... Not so good. And the spin off.... 😩
The regulars are back and didn't try to get laughs. If you liked the first couple of seasons think you'll like this one. Shortened season helps aswell, not much filler.

The regulars are back and didn't try to get laughs. If you liked the first couple of seasons think you'll like this one. Shortened season helps aswell, not much filler.
I enjoyed the first second and third season so I have to find out

Reservation Dogs, so we'll done, funny and dramatic.

Squid Game on Netflix is off to a fantastic start. My impression is that it’s basically Hunger Games meets Lost, with the best elements of both.

Some are done--Copper, The Collection, Fargo (only saw season #1), Last Tango in Halifax, Doc Martin, Sherlock. I kinda like BBC.

I enjoyed the first second and third season so I have to find out
Unfortunately, finale for Red Tide was botched. Epic fail, should've been easy to finish up on a high note.

Not too excited about the alien storyline for Part 2. First episode was ok.

Unfortunately, finale for Red Tide was botched. Epic fail, should've been easy to finish up on a high note.

Not too excited about the alien storyline for Part 2. First episode was ok.
Just watched the first episode of AHS. Seems decent I'll give it more.

We have been watching Shrill on Hulu, Aidy Bryant as an overweight woman taking control of her life, very good. And White Lotus on HBO, what a blast. Its a Hawaiian hotel (its a real hotel on Kauai, I've not stayed there, but spent a lot of time on their beach!), and one week of crazy guests. It escalates with each episode and it really fun entertainment.

Was very good. Love anything Taika Watiti does.
The mastermind behind this is Sterlin Harjo, a native American film maker and part of the hilarious native comedy troupe "The 1491's".

We just saw the season finale and this show really works, its funny, it has some pretty deep stuff too, but damn, what great stuff from folks that need to be seen.

Squid Game on Netflix is off to a fantastic start. My impression is that it’s basically Hunger Games meets Lost, with the best elements of both.
Been binging that. It's wack. The dub is actually pretty good.

Been binging that. It's wack. The dub is actually pretty good.
I am gonna give it a watch tonite, gotta convince my mate on this....may be a show that I just watch.

I am gonna give it a watch tonite, gotta convince my mate on this....may be a show that I just watch.
It will get you in the first episode. Probably.

It will get you in the first episode. Probably.
Yeah, not her thing, but mine...

I am assuming that it would be good to watch while high.

I'm going to have to check this one out.
Its good, the characters hook you in. I just finished an amazing book about Native American comedy in America called "We had a real estate problem" by Kliph Nesteroff, who wrote the best book (its big) about comedy in America, called The Comedians, worth a read, he is amazing. And he has interviewed so many comics and he gets it. And he is a 30 something Canadian, but, damn, he can write. As for the 1491's, they have lots of content on Youtube. The name comes from Columbus "discovering" America in 1492, so....1491 was the last good year that the native Americans had.

Got a shout out from Netflix for this. Will put it on my list. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom