• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

I'm not expecting expanse to be Star wars just more story.
More of the story will be revealed as the episodes continue. If you like political intrigue, you'll love the show.

I'm into Korean Dramas on Netflix lately. The Koreans are really good at entertainment. It's hard to stop watching their series. I've been watching them for years, but Netflix now is sponsoring them so they're easy to watch.

Watching Vincenzo right now.

For my money it doesn't get much better than Bonanza.

Western
Ranch life
bar fights
3 brothers (Adam, Hoss, Little Joe)
Pa Cartwright
horses
guns
Hop Sing cookin' up fried chicken and donuts in the kitchen

Best TV show ever!

5f407bd3b2ad6f8b8d33ceffffc98935.jpg

f2c6b233b56d5a3addfc862e9a3b2a88.gif

Heartland series out of Canada is pretty good.

Very little politics and I love horses.
Have you tried Yellowstone?

The opening scene was horrific and to be honest, I hate almost every character. They're all awful. It is a lot of politics tho. Very disappointing.

Have you tried Yellowstone?

The opening scene was horrific and to be honest, I hate almost every character. They're all awful. It is a lot of politics tho. Very disappointing.

Yellowstone is on one of the HBO channels?

I do firestick.

Yellowstone is on one of the HBO channels?

I do firestick.
Amazon Prime I think. But all seasons may not be free. I bought the 2nd season during the Prime sale and regret it. I'm not going to watch it.

Anyone watching The Spanish Princess on Starz? Is it any good?

I have been watching "call me Kat" which is not bad at all IMO. I have watched the first 2 episodes of "Debris" and it has potential to be something good I hope. Residential alien is a nice show, 6 episodes in it is OK, but I am curious as to how they want to continue the show (I will not give the reason, not want to ruin it for people who still want to watch it). Lois and Clark is now on TV but I am not yet convinced of it, it just does not warm the cockles of my heart so to speak.

I have been watching "call me Kat" which is not bad at all IMO. I have watched the first 2 episodes of "Debris" and it has potential to be something good I hope. Residential alien is a nice show, 6 episodes in it is OK, but I am curious as to how they want to continue the show (I will not give the reason, not want to ruin it for people who still want to watch it). Lois and Clark is now on TV but I am not yet convinced of it, it just does not warm the cockles of my heart so to speak.
Cant stand actress in Kat.

I like Debris so far, agree it has potential. I get a kick out of Resident Alien but usually forget it's on. I guess I'll binge it at some point.

I watched the Lois and Clark pilot...also has potential but I only have so much TV time. I probably wouldnt stick with that one.

Cant stand actress in Kat.

I like Debris so far, agree it has potential. I get a kick out of Resident Alien but usually forget it's on. I guess I'll binge it at some point.

I watched the Lois and Clark pilot...also has potential but I only have so much TV time. I probably wouldnt stick with that one.

I do not mind the actress that used to play Blossom/Amy Farrah Fowler (yes, big big bang theory fan).

Other shows I am watching are "Clarice, the Watch, Mr. Mayor, Call your mother, Walker, the equalizer, the crew and Kenan". The watch is still something I really am not sure of.

BANSHEE
on Cinimax "Max"
on demand.

Great script, story, camera angles

Moi

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Season 1
- well, it's better than Wandavision, but it does tend to drag itself down with overly preachy political stuff. The pacing is a bit uneven too, but nevertheless, it's worth a watch. Rating: 6.5/10

The Lost Pirate Kingdom- Netflix documentary about real life pirates with reenactments. Not bad. It taught me a lot about history and the politics of the Caribbean during that time period. I wish they did a full series on the actual historical characters instead of just a documentary though. Rating: 8/10

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Season 1- well, it's better than Wandavision, but it does tend to drag itself down with overly preachy political stuff. The pacing is a bit uneven too, but nevertheless, it's worth a watch. Rating: 6.5/10

The Lost Pirate Kingdom- Netflix documentary about real life pirates with reenactments. Not bad. It taught me a lot about history and the politics of the Caribbean during that time period. I wish they did a full series on the actual historical characters instead of just a documentary though. Rating: 8/10

Thanks. I cancelled Netflix because I never watched it. I amuse myself at night in bed with YouTube videos. I have learned a lot watching the video series on the chemical elements featuring Prof. Dr. Sir Martyn Poliakof.

My factoid of the day from these videos: the rare earth element holmium is not itself magnetic but at very low temperatures it becomes a very strong magnet that is used in nuclear research.

BANSHEE
on Cinimax "Max"
on demand.

Great script, story, camera angles

Moi
I have the final season left to get through, but I always liked it, because the story was much like an 80s-90s action film stretched out over multiple seasons. Also, I love how the fight scenes would start out of nowhere. Like

Guy 1: "hey, your hair looks like shit."
Guy 2: "Oh yeah?"
/Guy 1 punches Guy 2 in the face, fight ensues

I have the final season left to get through, but I always liked it, because the story was much like an 80s-90s action film stretched out over multiple seasons. Also, I love how the fight scenes would start out of nowhere. Like

I always felt Banshee has one of the best series opening episodes I have seen. If you watch S1E1 you are guaranteed to want to watch S1E2 and off you go.

Banshee also did some unique action scenes
and camera angles that made them more
exciting and not more Euro boring as they do for "art".

The story line was unique too.
Sort of as Lost was unique.

Jack Is Dead 😉 And always was!

The wife is re-watching, while I am re-listening to, the Six Feet Under series. That was a pretty good one, even if it is not exactly current.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Season 1- well, it's better than Wandavision, but it does tend to drag itself down with overly preachy political stuff. The pacing is a bit uneven too, but nevertheless, it's worth a watch. Rating: 6.5/10

For a different take on pirates, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-Pirat...1619282029&sprefix=Jewish+pira,aps,211&sr=8-2

Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean: How a Generation of Swashbuckling Jews Carved Out an Empire in the New World in Their Quest for Treasure, Religious Freedom--and Revenge​

Trading with another's colonies = piracy although all may be
without violence or threats.

Why 🇺🇸 drinks coffee and not tea. North - South trade & bargain prices.
Jean Lafite was the last of them, per a note he wrote of being raised by a Jewish grandmother.
Destroyed by the USN after saving Andy Jackson at New Orleans with
powder, cannon & men.
Remember "The Pirates' Code". With disability insurance too. 😉

Very Jewish for its' day

Reactions: PoS
The wife is re-watching, while I am re-listening to, the Six Feet Under series. That was a pretty good one, even if it is not exactly current.

Current
Depends how old you are!
😉

Forgive if these repeat, but I recommend "Mozart in the Jungle," about a Mexican director of a New York City symphony, and "Outlander," a travel-back-in-time series about Scotland and its resistance to British rule a couple of centuries ago. Most British do not come off looking well. Also agree with a previous mention of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel." "Boss" with Kelsey Grammer wasn't bad either. Hard to square his character with Frazier.

For a different take on pirates, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Jewish-Pirates-Caribbean-Swashbuckling-Freedom/dp/B00XV60H9E/ref=sr_1_2?crid=31I9T31V6SR3O&dchild=1&keywords=jewish+pirates+of+the+caribbean+by+edward+kritzler&qid=1619282029&sprefix=Jewish+pira,aps,211&sr=8-2

Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean: How a Generation of Swashbuckling Jews Carved Out an Empire in the New World in Their Quest for Treasure, Religious Freedom--and Revenge​

Trading with another's colonies = piracy although all may be
without violence or threats.

Why 🇺🇸 drinks coffee and not tea. North - South trade & bargain prices.
Jean Lafite was the last of them, per a note he wrote of being raised by a Jewish grandmother.
Destroyed by the USN after saving Andy Jackson at New Orleans with
powder, cannon & men.
Remember "The Pirates' Code". With disability insurance too. 😉

Very Jewish for its' day
Thanks, but I wanna watch a show, not read it.

So, finally watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was ok. It got better as it went but I was hoping for more humor. I hope they add more next season, as those 2 really play well off of each other.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Wandavision...not impressed at all. Snoozer. I will give it one more chance.

And next month, Loki!

Back
Top Bottom