• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current TV Series You'd Like To Recommend

I recommend Z-Nation. It's ridiculous in every sense of the word, but once you learn to embrace the ridiculousness of the show, it becomes very enjoyable.

I didn't know Henry Rollins was in it, might have to check it out!

i started watching Better Call Saul the other day. my wife joined when i was a few episodes in, and now i think that we're probably both hooked. so far, this one has all of the good parts of that plus a lot of humor. we're still in the first season.

Love that but havent done recent season. It's so offbeat :)

Rise of Empire : Ottomans- A docudrama about the siege and fall of Constantinople. Not bad. It's not boring though at times the whole thing seems forced. All in all I did learn a bunch of new things, namely that the battle wasnt as one sided as I thought it was- in fact the Turks came close to defeat. 7.5/10

Picard episode 4- a little better than the previous 2 episodes. Still nothing much happens other than rounding out the cast though. 7/10

This new one looks promising.

I binge-watched today all 6 episodes of season 1 of the short Brazilian Sci-Fi series Omniscient on Netflix. I liked it. Pretty good. Interesting premise, sort of a mix of 1984 and Black Mirror. The lead actress is cute and interesting. The filming locations are often beautiful and the futuristic technology is generally well depicted. It's entertaining with some tension and suspense although not a lot of action. It's not spectacular; acting is irregular (some actors better than others; nothing awful acting-wise, but not top-notch either), pace is lost in some unnecessary parts, but it is decent enough and well-made, worth watching. 7 out of 10. Warning: the story resolves relatively completely, but not entirely and it does leave room for a second season so don't expect complete resolution and fully satisfactory ending (not to forget, part of the resolution does appear a bit rushed, forced and unrealistic which is why I dropped my score to 7 rather than 8 - without spoiling it, I'm talking of a scene in which brother and sister get too much out of an opponent's explanation, too easily - one would think that the opponent wouldn't simply spill the beans like that for almost no reason) while up to that point things were relatively realistic, requiring little suspension of disbelief. The dialogue in Portuguese is decently well-written; I do speak fluent Portuguese so I watched it in original language and can't say if the English subtitles are good or not. The total running time is about 5 hours and it helped me pass the time on a slow Sunday; my wife watched it with me and liked it too.

Another Brazilian Sci-Fi series, 3%, is way better, acting and plot-wise, at least in their first season (it goes downhill from there), so, don't expect from Omniscient the fireworks of the first season of 3%, but again, Omniscient is entertaining enough, and I recommended it.

Last edited:
Watched the first episode of Watchmen and ... uh, I dont know what to think.

I'm with you on this.
I skimmed through a review of this show in the New Yorker.
Thought it might be interesting.
It wasn't.
So, I went back and read the review more thoroughly.
This show is from the same people who gave us "Lost" and "The Leftovers".......
I'm not gonna follow any more shows that have seemingly portentous events that lead nowhere.
Lots of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
"Better Call Saul" and "Killing Eve" are all I can handle.

I don't know if it has been mentioned previously. I really enjoyed the first season of Warriors on Cinemax, second season about to start. Based on notes by Bruce Lee.

Narcos Mexico Season 2: OK, I havent even finished it yet, but its got my vote as the best series of 2020 so far. After Kiki Camerena's murder the DEA vows revenge against Gallardo and the Mexican cartels. Lots of betrayals and blood. I love it. This ought to keep me going until Better Call Saul premiers. 9/10

Been watching British shows. DCI Banks was a good one, now I'm into Silent Witness. The theme song is something to be reckoned with, sticks with you. Of note, Brits don't draw their guns like the cops do here, shows or irl.

The Hunters turned out to be stupid.
MV5BZWEwZTcyNjctMjAzZC00ZGU0LWIxYWQtMDAwMmU1NzQ1ZjQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Trouble was the setting is in 1977, when the Nazis they should have been hunting would have been in their 60's but seemed to be in their 40's. Add to that the nutty crap, like some argument that Hansel and Gretal was really a Nazi story about two Nazi kids throwing an old Jewish woman into the oven and...

Well, let's say I only made it through about two episodes, and I slept through most of the first.

MV5BZWEwZTcyNjctMjAzZC00ZGU0LWIxYWQtMDAwMmU1NzQ1ZjQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Trouble was the setting is in 1977, when the Nazis they should have been hunting would have been in their 60's but seemed to be in their 40's. Add to that the nutty crap, like some argument that Hansel and Gretal was really a Nazi story about two Nazi kids throwing an old Jewish woman into the oven and...

Well, let's say I only made it through about two episodes, and I slept through most of the first.

Bummer, I was wondering about it...and the soundtrack rocks.

They were still hunting Nazis in the 70s tho...A lot of Robert Ludlum novels (yes, fiction but the timelines were real) took place in the 70s and they were full of 'old Nazis' and people hunting them.

I'm probably most of the way thru True Detectives (Matthew McConaughy, Woody Harrelson) but it is too dark and depressing. I dont know if I'll finish it.

I cant believe I havent watched the 2nd season of The Handmaid's Tale...I guess I need to get on that. Love the book, liked the first season, but I know the 2nd will be 'high stress.' Not always in the mood.

And The Orville is due back again, I read it was renewed for a third season but havent seen anything about it (also havent gone looking)

Started Virgin River on Netflix Fri. I'm 4 episodes in.

Nice, unassuming, so far no big surprises but maybe some smaller ones that liven up the show, nothing special beyond the scenery. But I'll probably finish it.

Anyone watching Breeders on FX?

OMG, sick sick humor.

Totally funny and relateable even to me, with no kids.

Bummer, I was wondering about it...and the soundtrack rocks.

They were still hunting Nazis in the 70s tho...A lot of Robert Ludlum novels (yes, fiction but the timelines were real) took place in the 70s and they were full of 'old Nazis' and people hunting them.

I personally loved it especially the last 5 episodes of the Season.

I'm probably most of the way thru True Detectives (Matthew McConaughy, Woody Harrelson) but it is too dark and depressing. I dont know if I'll finish it.

I cant believe I havent watched the 2nd season of The Handmaid's Tale...I guess I need to get on that. Love the book, liked the first season, but I know the 2nd will be 'high stress.' Not always in the mood.

And The Orville is due back again, I read it was renewed for a third season but havent seen anything about it (also havent gone looking)

Correction, I had watched season 2 of a Handmaid's Tale, but not season 3. I'm watching it now. It's a roller coaster and pretty absorbing. Good television. It incorporates some elements of Margaret Atwood's sequel to HM Tale, which just came out in Sept.

I personally loved it especially the last 5 episodes of the Season.

I like the trailers so I've still got it on my list. It took me 3 tries to get into Breaking Bad and when I did, I loved it.

Altered Carbon: First season was stellar. Second season sucked...bad acting, bad dialog, uninteresting plot line. Also, sexist-racist cast: no white women in significant roles. Also SJW...white guys the bad guys.

Bloodline is a gem.

Forget Neflixs Another Life.

Altered Carbon: First season was stellar. Second season sucked...bad acting, bad dialog, uninteresting plot line. Also, sexist-racist cast: no white women in significant roles. Also SJW...white guys the bad guys.

Bloodline is a gem.

Forget Neflixs Another Life.

Bloodline first season is excellent? After that, still ok.

That one took me 2 or 3 episodes to get into but my folks had a place down in the Keys and I knew all the locations, so I stuck with it.

True Detective season 1 is probably one of the greatest TV shows Ive ever watched- pity the succeeding seasons were nowhere near as good.

Altered Carbon Season 2- Anthony Mackie takes over the title character. Although Mackie is a better actor than last season's Joel Kinnaman, the story is pretty much meh. Just another average dystopian thriller. I had to skip through a lot of episodes just to finish it. 4/10

Castlevania season 3- just managed to watch one episode, and its pretty damn good. Warren Ellis is a natural storyteller, and its great anime for people who hate anime. 8.5/10 so far.

ZeroZeroZero miniseries. Its about a cocaine shipment, and it involves the entire pyramid, from distributors, to sellers and buyers, with shifting perspectives. From the same write of Gomorrah, so you know its good. I just watched the first episode, and its a mix of Narcos, Gomorra, and Ozark. then again, any show with Gabriel Byrne is always good. 8.5/10 so far.

It started off great with the first scene, was ok the first few episodes and then turned to crap. The makers of this series tried way too hard to create touching moments. There was way too much over acting(Carol Kane). My Jewish grandmother from Russia didn't act that Jewish. The actual hunters were boring characters except for Lonny and we've seen this act way too many times before. We had all different flavors of Nazi hunters...I'm still trying to figure out why the black girl and the Asian was there. The FBI agent was annoying and they focused way too much on her personal life. Lots of narrative convenience. A guy stabbed in one scene perfectly fine in the next. Did somebody drown? No she's fine. We can't have a Netflix or Amazon Prime show without a little wokeness. Actually, there were quite a few innuendos. "Jews will not replace us" Are you fricking serious?

The only good part of this series was the Nazi characters. If there wasn't a Nazi in the scene the show was garbage. The makers of this series blew it and left a lot on the table. They spent too much time trying to ram a message down our throats and not enough time creating a watchable show. It had it's moments. I'd give it a 2 out of 5. Get rid of the Woke junk and maybe I'd give it a 2.5.

Narcos Mexico Season 2: OK, I havent even finished it yet, but its got my vote as the best series of 2020 so far. After Kiki Camerena's murder the DEA vows revenge against Gallardo and the Mexican cartels. Lots of betrayals and blood. I love it. This ought to keep me going until Better Call Saul premiers. 9/10

The Narcos series is one of my favorites. Narcos Mexico 2 was ok, but probably my least favorite.

The Narcos series is one of my favorites. Narcos Mexico 2 was ok, but probably my least favorite.

Well if you werent too happy with Gallardo, he's out of the picture, now it'll be El Chapo who's gonna take over. :mrgreen:

Well if you werent too happy with Gallardo, he's out of the picture, now it'll be El Chapo who's gonna take over. :mrgreen:

Did you watch El Chapo on Netflix? It was great as well but I find having to read subtitles annoying.

Back
Top Bottom