• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Current hospital policies re: vaccination

Ouroboros

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I'm sure that this topic will devolve into the usual sniping, but my main purpose in starting it is to gather information.

We all know that last year the news was full of stories about hospitals dismissing numberless employees who refused to get vaccinated. Then, somewhere around the end of fall (I reckon), there was talk that some hospitals were so desperate for help that they might reconsider their position.

However, since 2022 there's been an increased focus by MSM on the downturn of the virus, and consequently I haven't heard any mention of hospital staffing problems. Even Fox, which took the position that individual rights trumped social obligation, seems to say little about current hospital policies.

Leaving aside the usual rhetoric from both sides, do any posters here have actual information about how, if at all, current hospitals may have modified their Vax policies?

As a person in healthcare myself my opinion is that if you do not agree that vaccinations save lives and support science then you shouldn't be in the healthcare industry.

As a person in healthcare myself my opinion is that if you do not agree that vaccinations save lives and support science then you shouldn't be in the healthcare industry.
Opinions are inevitable, but information would be better.

I have friends and family that work in the AHN network, one of the bigger ones in the Pittsburgh area, vaccines for employees are still required and masking is too at all medical facilities.
I do not know if this is the case for UPMC which is probably the largest one in the Pittsburgh area

Back
Top Bottom