• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Curly hair' becomes code for gay in Florida high school grad speech after senior says he was censored

I have never commented on Trumps cadet speech so there's that. You quoted me, and now you are painting with a broad brush
You're making my point for me and you don't realize it.
No, you didn't comment on Trumps inappropriate speech but you're all over a high school student when you percieve inappropriateness.
Get it yet?

You're making my point for me and you don't realize it.
No, you didn't comment on Trumps inappropriate speech but you're all over a high school student when you percieve inappropriateness.
Get it yet?
I got it already!!! What I did was comment on THIS thread about THIS student. Why is Trump the subject? On any other thread about Trump if you bring up anyone else to compare you are blasted with deflection. Get that yet?

This is a brilliant and wonderful speech.

What I could not stop thinking about, however, while watching it, is the defenders here of the Don't Say Gay bill insisting that it only applies to K-3. Apparently they are wrong since this high school senior was forbidden to mention he is gay. I wonder if they will come here and clarify, but I doubt they will.
Really?? You were looking for honesty among that cohort
Honesty is the one thing you will not find in their midst

I spent 30 years, 1990 - 2020, living in the Sarasota area. Pine View High School, a public school located in Osprey, a city in south Sarasota County, attracts exceptionally bright students and enjoys a fabulous reputation. Parents strategize on how to navigate the Pine View entrance exam and enrollment process.

On the other end of the spectrum, students in Sarasota County with exceptional special needs tend to go to a school called Oak Park.

Thanks for the OP! Let us applaud this high school graduate, Zander Moricz, for his moving and heartfelt words!

I got it already!!! What I did was comment on THIS thread about THIS student. Why is Trump the subject? On any other thread about Trump if you bring up anyone else to compare you are blasted with deflection. Get that yet?
Trump isnt the subject. You are. You and your faux outrage based entirely on your partisan bias. Gay student bad, Trump good, when theyre both guilty of the same inappropriateness.

Do you not see how silly this whole thing is? Why should any student or anyone get up in front of an audience and introduce them self with their sexual orientation? WHY?

Did you watch it? He was pointing out how much being able to talk to a teacher about it made him acceptable and be happy. Got a problem with that?

Great job. This guy has a good future ahead of him.

During a graduation ceremony Sunday, Zander Moricz spoke about his experiences and activism as the first openly gay class president of Pine View School in Osprey, Florida, but in his commencement address, he never said he was gay. Instead, he used his curly hair as a euphemism for his sexual orientation.

Earlier this month, the 18-year-old Pine View class president had publicized his feud with the school administration on Twitter over his graduation speech, saying the school's principal, Stephen Covert, had called Moricz into his office to warn him the administration would cut off his microphone if he mentioned his activism. His tweet thread accumulated hundreds of thousands of likes and shares.
download.jpg

Do you not see how silly this whole thing is? Why should any student or anyone get up in front of an audience and introduce them self with their sexual orientation? WHY?

Why not?

What makes you think that he needs to justify his speech to anyone? If you want him to be prohibited from saying what he wants to say, it's on you to provide the why.

Why not?

What makes you think that he needs to justify his speech to anyone? If you want him to be prohibited from saying what he wants to say, it's on you to provide the why.
I didn't make the school rules. I don't care if he gets up and describes in detail his sexual fantasies. It is just STUPID! Why should we care?

Trump isnt the subject. You are. You and your faux outrage based entirely on your partisan bias. Gay student bad, Trump good, when theyre both guilty of the same inappropriateness.
Why am I the subject, I am neither gay or have made any speeches?

Why am I the subject, I am neither gay or have made any speeches?
sigh.
My point, which I'm beginning to think you're missing on purpose, is that you sound off on a high school student when you percieve inappropriatness in his speech but you do not acknowledge when the POTUS does the same thing. Its just your toxic partisanship speaking up. You don't care about inappropriate references in a speech (a high school FFS), you just care about beaking off when you see leftism front and centre. When Trump did the same thing you and your ilk were silent and approving.
Gay high school student, Republican President.

sigh.
My point, which I'm beginning to think you're missing on purpose, is that you sound off on a high school student when you percieve inappropriatness in his speech but you do not acknowledge when the POTUS does the same thing. Its just your toxic partisanship speaking up. You don't care about inappropriate references in a speech (a high school FFS), you just care about beaking off when you see leftism front and centre. When Trump did the same thing you and your ilk were silent and approving.
Gay high school student, Republican President.
I missed nothing!! It is YOU who is missing my point. First, I never said the high school student was inappropriate of anything. I said I find inserting sexual orientation ridiculous. It is my opinion. Second, it was you who brought in Trump and assumed I applauded Trump for everything just because I am a Trump supporter. Not everything that comes out of Trumps mouth do I agree with.
My ONLY point was to stop the introductions with sexual leaning.
so "sigh" back!!!!!!!

I didn't make the school rules. I don't care if he gets up and describes in detail his sexual fantasies. It is just STUPID! Why should we care?

Personal growth is considered a good thing, and he is sharing it to help others who face the same obstacles. Its a great story of triumph over adversity. Continually saying you don't care suggests you do, and have a problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom