• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Curiouser and curiouser

I lost my estimator job during the housing bubble just after I had bought two rental properties and I was in a real tight spot for a couple years. (so started my own home repair & drywall company)

If I declined to submit bids with liberal, gay, minority, or conservative home owners based in ideology alone I would have gone bankrupt in under a year.

This business owner is a asshole KAREN and I hope she goes under. :ROFLMAO:

This business owner is a asshole KAREN and I hope she goes under.
How do you know that? Did you see a video of the incident?

So far, I've only heard the one guy's side of the story, and he works with Fox News, after all. Why would you believe him?

Our country is becoming curiouser and curiouser. You can kick a black man out of a restaurant for having political views the owner is uncomfortable. But if a 17 year old young lady is traumatized by seeing a person with a penis in the woman's locker room she is attacked as being transphobic.
It's more and more curious, not curiouser. Now that we're done with the spelling part, let's discuss the facts not the hyperbole.

This is in reply to the OP.
I don't understand how the two things are even slightly related?

It's like comparing apples and the treaty of Versailles.

Our country is becoming curiouser and curiouser. You can kick a black man out of a restaurant for having political views the owner is uncomfortable. But if a 17 year old young lady is traumatized by seeing a person with a penis in the woman's locker room she is attacked as being transphobic.
Yet another thread from you predicated on demonstrable lies you made up.

There should be a garbage section for mods to put threads like these.

I lost my estimator job during the housing bubble just after I had bought two rental properties and I was in a real tight spot for a couple years. (so started my own home repair & drywall company)

If I declined to submit bids with liberal, gay, minority, or conservative home owners based in ideology alone I would have gone bankrupt in under a year.

This business owner is a asshole KAREN and I hope she goes under. :ROFLMAO:
Haha, watching you manufacture outrage is hilarious.

If you owned a restaurant and one table was being assholes and disturbing the other guests, you would do the same thing.

But you never got a chance to think through this. You reflexively manufactured outrage, because that is your MO.

It's more and more curious, not curiouser. Now that we're done with the spelling part, let's discuss the facts not the hyperbole.
The phrase curiouser and curiouser is from Alice in Wonderland.
Alice was so surprised by the strange circumstances she found herself in that she (and Carroll) made up a word, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The expression is still used to mean that something is getting increasingly confounding. You should always attempt to have a clue before correcting someone else. This would be like Biden telling someone to be responsible with classified docs.

I'd like to chat some more but...
"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! I'd love to say hello, goodbye, I'm I'm late I'm late.

Can we expand this to include the U.S. Capitol building? Like the whole thing.

No, just woman's bathrooms and locker rooms or any place designated for woman only.

Well, given we haven't seen anything from the POV of the restaurant owner in this article other than what Gianno-Caldwell claims, I will remain skeptic.

On a side note, you seem to be okay with a business denying services to gay couples, but not when a business wants to deny a conservative services. See, what I did there? I compared two apples together whereas you compared an apple to an orange.

So you now agree with the folks who object to providing creative services to gay couples as long as liberals can toss black conservatives out of their places of business?

And if you read more - including on the thread on that topic here - you’ll see that th trans person has had full surgery (no penis) and this teenager only saw them from the back, behind a shower curtain.
I re-read the article and still don't see what you're referring to. Are you saying if a trans woman hasn't had the surgery then you support them staying out of the woman's locker room? Or are you deflecting and it really doesn't matter?

If a conservative restaurant owner had refused service to an African American liberal talking head, that restaurant would have been harassed out of business.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

One's great-grandchildren are going to be living in one woke nightmare.
Wellll, one would expect that being disciplined for being an asshole would start to work eventually.

And y’all are nothing if not obedient. At least to those you worship. It’s kinda pathetic, but y’all do y’all, ya know!

The phrase curiouser and curiouser is from Alice in Wonderland.
Alice was so surprised by the strange circumstances she found herself in that she (and Carroll) made up a word, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The expression is still used to mean that something is getting increasingly confounding. You should always attempt to have a clue before correcting someone else. This would be like Biden telling someone to be responsible with classified docs.

I'd like to chat some more but...
"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! I'd love to say hello, goodbye, I'm I'm late I'm late.
Consider me corrected.

I would not describe it as "curiouser and couriuser." More like "dumb and dumber."

This is reminiscent of the stupidity of celebrities who take a political position (regardless of which side it happens to be).

Businesses exist to make a profit. When that profit can only be obtained from the public consuming your product, it is pretty damn stupid to take a political position and immediately alienate half of your profit source.

The goal of any smart business owner that is dependent on the public - which includes celebrities - should be to maximize their profits by being as inclusive as possible, and have absolutely no opinions whatsoever with regard to politics, religion, sexual orientation, or anything that might be considered controversial.

Businesses exist to make a profit. When that profit can only be obtained from the public consuming your product, it is pretty damn stupid to take a political position and immediately alienate half of your profit source.

The goal of any smart business owner that is dependent on the public - which includes celebrities - should be to maximize their profits by being as inclusive as possible, and have absolutely no opinions whatsoever with regard to politics, religion, sexual orientation, or anything that might be considered controversial.
I run a small business myself. I don't make any inquiries about my customers politics, beliefs or sexual proclivities...The last one I would prefer to remain ignorant.

I run a small business myself. I don't make any inquiries about my customers politics, beliefs or sexual proclivities...The last one I would prefer to remain ignorant.
I was in business from 1984 until 2013, and the very first thing I learned was never to say "no" to a client. No matter how crazy their requests might be, it is always met with a big smile and how much more it will cost them. ;)

I've worked in a wide variety of different fields, from aerospace to the oil industry. The key was to stay professional and uninterested in anything that detracts from the task at hand. The goal should always be to maximize your profit margin, and discrimination of any kind could end up costing your bottom line. I've had to work for a few clients I didn't care for during my career, but kept my mouth shut all the way to the bank.

Back
Top Bottom