• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Curiosities of diplomacy.

Fabiusbile

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A rather small, but forgotten news has remained out of serious coverage in the American media.

In short, last spring, American diplomat Parker Wilson, who works at the embassy in Moscow, decided to get an artifact from the past... apparently, a person loves all sorts of things that have long been out of use.

Having learned that on one of the railway dead ends in the Tver region, there is still a functioning railway arrow with a manual translation, he decided to steal a lighting device from it... everywhere in the news it is indicated that he allegedly stole a pointer, no, it is a kind of kerosene lamp.
Of course, the naivety of the employee of the US Embassy is amazing. He sincerely believed that he could go somewhere around the country and that he would not be followed by a person with a camera ... hmm.
In general, he was detained.
It was covered quite quietly in the Russian media, although only now, when he was handed back to the embassy a long time ago and sent home.

I know several diplomatic departments of the United States, England, Russia, and France... these are fantastically corrupt organizations. There has never been any competitive selection for the service and the reception of employees is only on a guarantee, most often by kinship, friendly relations, etc. That is, random people do not work in the ministries of foreign affairs of large countries, these are clans and people associated with them, most often family dynasties of diplomats.
However, sometimes the quality of such frames is not the best and there are also jerks...
I understand everything, we have no less cretins in the diplomatic corps, and maybe more...
only... why send such guys to a country as a diplomat, where relations are already not very good?

A rather small, but forgotten news has remained out of serious coverage in the American media.

In short, last spring, American diplomat Parker Wilson, who works at the embassy in Moscow, decided to get an artifact from the past... apparently, a person loves all sorts of things that have long been out of use.

Having learned that on one of the railway dead ends in the Tver region, there is still a functioning railway arrow with a manual translation, he decided to steal a lighting device from it... everywhere in the news it is indicated that he allegedly stole a pointer, no, it is a kind of kerosene lamp.
Of course, the naivety of the employee of the US Embassy is amazing. He sincerely believed that he could go somewhere around the country and that he would not be followed by a person with a camera ... hmm.
In general, he was detained.
It was covered quite quietly in the Russian media, although only now, when he was handed back to the embassy a long time ago and sent home.

I know several diplomatic departments of the United States, England, Russia, and France... these are fantastically corrupt organizations. There has never been any competitive selection for the service and the reception of employees is only on a guarantee, most often by kinship, friendly relations, etc. That is, random people do not work in the ministries of foreign affairs of large countries, these are clans and people associated with them, most often family dynasties of diplomats.
However, sometimes the quality of such frames is not the best and there are also jerks...
I understand everything, we have no less cretins in the diplomatic corps, and maybe more...
only... why send such guys to a country as a diplomat, where relations are already not very good?

Russia has been trying to rig our elections and hack our economy.

But yeah, we gotta fix the dude who took a thing from their railroad.

Russia has been trying to rig our elections and hack our economy.
Em... are you serious?
Are you seriously saying that Russia is doing something there with the first country on this sinful planet?

Em... are you serious?
Are you seriously saying that Russia is doing something there with the first country on this sinful planet?

Did I? I don’t recall quantifying their malfeasance.

But we know this guy isnt the first guy to steal something, so I guess we can both sit down now?

Did I? I don’t recall quantifying their malfeasance.

But we know this guy isnt the first guy to steal something, so I guess we can both sit down now?
I led my text to the fact that in Russia, at the level of etiquette, people treat diplomats very respectfully.
I am not exaggerating why, in the eyes of the absolute majority, diplomats have a special and respectful status... it was enough for your diplomat to ask local residents, workers to give this useless lantern to no one, and they gave it to him, for free, and even loaded some junk ...
The point is that there was no need for theft.

I led my text to the fact that in Russia, at the level of etiquette, people treat diplomats very respectfully.
I am not exaggerating why, in the eyes of the absolute majority, diplomats have a special and respectful status... it was enough for your diplomat to ask local residents, workers to give this useless lantern to no one, and they gave it to him, for free, and even loaded some junk ...
The point is that there was no need for theft.

What was the reason for hacking our economy and trying to rig our election? How does that affect our diplomatic relationships? More or less than the dude who took some old crap?

What was the reason for hacking our economy
Is there any evidence that Russia hacked the American economy? Or are you wishful thinking?

and trying to rig our election?
Just like the United States does in Russia... however, when you do it, for some reason it is not considered bad.
I know you're elves, you can...

More or less than the dude who took some old crap?
So, is this normal for a diplomat?
I understand your feints, you are trying to cram your entire mainstream into the topic and soon you will call me an orc without irony... but the topic is not about that, but about a specific diplomat, his act and who thought of sending such a person to Russia.

So, is this normal for a diplomat?
I understand your feints, you are trying to cram your entire mainstream into the topic and soon you will call me an orc without irony... but the topic is not about that, but about a specific diplomat, his act and who thought of sending such a person to Russia.

I haven’t called you anything, and I’ve explained why this is super unimportant.

I’m sorry we aren’t sending oru best people, but Russia is a shithole country.

Who is “us”? Are you on, say, a farm somewhere? In a room with lots of computers per chance?

Maybe he has a frog in his pocket. That was a video by RT with no context whatsoever. That dude could have been anybody.

Ask him when Russia will be paying compensation to the 298 souls who died when Russia shot down flight MH17.

Maybe he has a frog in his pocket. That was a video by RT with no context whatsoever. That dude could have been anybody.

Ask him when Russia will be paying compensation to the 298 souls who died when Russia shot down flight MH17.

I dont think there’s a frog in his pocket. I just wouldn’t be surprised if he was in a room with no windows, lots of machines, and lots of company.

Who is “us”? Are you on, say, a farm somewhere? In a room with lots of computers per chance?
This is a typical response from some user support center... this kind of sarcasm is from me.
Your rudeness and chauvinism, where you call my country shitty... I'm not interested in this.

It is possible, but the US embassy did not refute this video, but simply decided to remain silent, not drawing attention to this episode as much as possible.

In my opinion, the leadership of the foreign Ministries of our countries simply agreed behind closed doors not to make a scandal because of a fool.

This is a typical response from some user support center... this kind of sarcasm is from me.
Your rudeness and chauvinism, where you call my country shitty... I'm not interested in this.

When it stops being a shitty country run by a lunatic I’ll stop calling it such.

When it stops being a shitty country run by a lunatic I’ll stop calling it such.
Say so, Putin is bad... why do you allow yourself to insult an entire country?
Don't you understand that such rudeness humiliates only you?

The striking facet in all of this is Russians like yourself defending Putin's kleptocratic and authoritarian regime.

The striking facet in all of this is Russians like yourself defending Putin's kleptocratic and authoritarian regime.
You're lying.
I put myself in opposition to Putin and always when asked about his support, I answer that it's high time for him to retire, retire or go to prison (I don't care about his future).
But my opposition to the president does not make me an enemy of the country, I am a patriot and national interests are important to me.

Funny, I don’t feel humiliated.

Back
Top Bottom