• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuomo staffer files criminal complaint against governor with Albany sheriff's office

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It’s certainly past time for the due process clock to finally start ticking.

Surely he will resign now and not prolong this and suffer even a greater embarrassment. He could resign now saying it was in the best interest of the State he loves and that these untrue allegations were interfering with the ability of the State to move forward and so for the good of NY State and the citizens of the State he loves..............blah, blah, blah.

Cuomo, the creep.

I suspect there will be more criminal complaints. I agree with Cuomo on the due process strategy he's taking, but I'm sure he's aware his political future right now is pretty bleak.

I suspect there will be more criminal complaints. I agree with Cuomo on the due process strategy he's taking, but I'm sure he's aware his political future right now is pretty bleak.

That and the way he handled the covid nursing home tragedy is the icing on the cake.

Why let him get away with this sideshow when the real crimes by him were the deaths of some 14,000 elderly in nursing homes….He should spend the rest of his miserable, arrogant life in prison.

That and the way he handled the covid nursing home tragedy is the icing on the cake.
Yeah, it's hard to get away with both of those; especially when he tried to cover the numbers up. Similarly in this case, he tried to retaliate against some of the women who complained.

Unfortunately, I know you're not thinking about Trump when you say this.

But yes, Cuomo's time is up.

Yeah, it's hard to get away with both of those; especially when he tried to cover the numbers up.
I actually do not hold him personally to account for the tragic situation in the nursing homes. It happened in many places but the day I learned he was deliberately covering the facts up was the day I said he was no worthy of the office he holds.

Yeah, it's hard to get away with both of those; especially when he tried to cover the numbers up. Similarly in this case, he tried to retaliate against some of the women who complained.
Meh. I don't have a problem with the way he handled the pandemic in its earliest months. There was no where else to send nursing home residents who were discharged from the hospital. The nursing home WAS their home. As to downplaying numbers, with trump being vindictive toward the blue states, I kind of understand that. The list of governors downplaying covid numbers is not short and is primarily red state governors today.

Yep, as are his chances of not parting with a lot of his accumulated wealth. If (when?) he loses a criminal case then the chances of him prevailing in civil court basically disappear.

Yep, as are his chances of not parting with a lot of his accumulated wealth. If (when?) he loses a criminal case then the chances of him prevailing in civil court basically disappear.
He's gotten $5M from his ego-stroking book so far. That should be enough to cover some of whatever his victims seek.

I'm imagining what A. Cuomo may look like in stripes. Call me old fashioned.
Right now, it looks like the charge would be a demeanor, and most misdemeanors do not end in jail time.

Criminal complaint filed against Cuomo
IMHO more criminal complaints will be filed
Cuomo will get laid, just not in the way he hoped for

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/06/...arassment-files-criminal-complaint/index.html

He better do the right thing and resign. Soon.
I agree he should resign and am guessing he eventually will resign. And he will probably serve some jail time. Yet at the same time, you have a guy like Trump who was accused by over 2 dozen women of being touchy feely and not only that, but was actually accused of rape. Not to mention he was on tape admitting to being touchy feely. Can you explain to me how someone like trump just gets a pass and everyone just seemingly forgets that Trump is a sexual predator? Are the people that voted for him that morally bankrupt? My initial reply to that question is a resounding "yes".

I agree he should resign and am guessing he eventually will resign. And he will probably serve some jail time. Yet at the same time, you have a guy like Trump who was accused by over 2 dozen women of being touchy feely and not only that, but was actually accused of rape. Not to mention he was on tape admitting to being touchy feely. Can you explain to me how someone like trump just gets a pass and everyone just seemingly forgets that Trump is a sexual predator? Are the people that voted for him that morally bankrupt? My initial reply to that question is a resounding "yes".

My reply is the same.

I can't explain why idiots give Trump a pass, and have for decades. The Party of Family Values and all that horseshit.

He better do the right thing and resign. Soon.
Too big of an ego. I'll bet you twenty dollars he still thinks he's going to Trump his way out of this. Only impeachment or indictment is gonna do it.

Back
Top Bottom