• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuomo OK with guns on commissioners

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Wednesday said he is OK with his commissioners wearing weapons in the workplace as long as they have a license to carry.

The question arose after numerous reports that Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services Commissioner Jerome M. Hauer has been packing a gun for years despite a law that prohibits employees who are not law enforcement officers from bringing weapons into state facilities.

Capitol Confidential » Cuomo OK with guns on commissioners

I had really high hopes for Cuomo when he started out, especially with his speeches about budget cuts and not raising property taxes. Then came the SAFE Act. Now this absurdity.

One rule for the masses, one for the elite.

Despite my lean, I really don't have an issue with this.

I had really high hopes for Cuomo when he started out, especially with his speeches about budget cuts and not raising property taxes. Then came the SAFE Act. Now this absurdity.

Maybe I sound like a broken record, but I don't care. When Americans vote for the sons and daughters and wives and brothers and sisters of current and/or former politicians they are voting to continue the political machine that is laying this nation to waste. We cannot put the same families, from the same national, two party, power machines, and their friends into office and expect any real change.

Those people aren't us. They don't know us. They don't live like us. They aren't representatives of the People. They can't be. It isn't possible. Voting for Cuomos, Clintons, Bushes, Pauls and on and on and on will not bring power back to the people.

The system will perpetuate the system. Why in the **** would anyone support bonafide card carrying members of the power/ruling class and expect those power/ruling class representative to make major, deep and continued changes that benefit the People rather than the power/ruling class? They won't. They haven't. They never will.

Count yourself fortunate, Dan. Your rude awakening separates you from the sheeple who still believe.

Last edited:

Cuomo is a gaping asshole. Using the deaths of those firefighters caused by a convicted murderer using a rifle he could not legally own as an excuse to further crap on the 2A rights of New Yorkers should have led to impeachment

Many previously supported Cuomo. Now he is a political corpse. It is not yet buried, and it continues to stink.

Many previously supported Cuomo. Now he is a political corpse. It is not yet buried, and it continues to stink.

He is a turd, pure and simple

Votes the bastards out. It is the only way.

I like indicting them, stripping them of office and then seeing them in a "domestic relationship" in say Attica

Votes the bastards out. It is the only way.

I would love to. Unfortunately, Cuomo has New York City in his pocket, which is pretty much all any New York governor needs. Add to that the fact that he's been skipping around tossing out bags of taxpayer cash to various cities upstate, and he's pretty much got it in the bag if he doesn't get caught raping children.

Typical anti-gun logic. The 'little people' dont need protection (even though they are the target of the vast majority of crime) but the elite deserve armed guards and the right to carry themselves.

Typical anti-gun logic. The 'little people' dont need protection (even though they are the target of the vast majority of crime) but the elite deserve armed guards and the right to carry themselves.

i have yet to see anyone even try to mount an attack on my proposal that government officials cannot be protected by guards who use weapons of a higher specification than those allowed to other civilians in that jurisdiction

i have yet to see anyone even try to mount an attack on my proposal that government officials cannot be protected by guards who use weapons of a higher specification than those allowed to other civilians in that jurisdiction
I think any government official that supports limiting the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens ought to forfeit any and all police or private protection. Just makes sense.

I think any government official that supports limiting the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens ought to forfeit any and all police or private protection. Just makes sense.

In an ideal world, they would be thrown out of office for suggesting such limits and tried for treason if they actually tried to impose such laws.

In an ideal world, they would be thrown out of office for suggesting such limits and tried for treason if they actually tried to impose such laws.
Still not sure how the anti-gun folks justify their logic. i mean...I get it. They hate guns. they are scary...they are eeeeevil...I get it. But to advocate that law enforcement should carry weapons to deal with violent criminals while ignoring the simple hard core reality that violent criminals do not TARGET law enforcement...thats just...goofy. To advocate that public figures be entitled to protection (yes, even the president) but not your average citizen...thats equally goofy.

Making life harder for us common folk is their primary mission. If we're self sufficient, independent, happy and safe, the politicians can no longer justify their existence.

Back
Top Bottom