• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cummings puts Trump on notice for wave of investigations

A shoutout to the Democrats for making Elijah the spokesperson for their upcoming witch hunts.

He should do wonders, I am hoping, to convince the silent majority that they must turn out in 2020 (as in 2016) if they want to save the Republic -- at least for a few more decades.

I wonder if Congress's upcoming investigations of Trump will be as fruitful as previous investigations of Clinton.

Anyone have any guesses?

Seeing as they aren't going to be favoring him like they did Clinton in the least on any of these. Then they will most likely find something.

I imagine a lot of folks in Trump World are feeling sick right now.

If they aren't, they should be. I certainly would be ****ting in my skivvies if I was a Trump right about now.

They have all these active investigations currently ongoing.

New, incoming NY AG Letitia James is going after him with both barrels.

Now, the incoming House is going after him as well.

Tick, tock, mother****er. :lol:

I agree accountability is cool, as is Congress taking its duty to oversee the Executive branch seriously.

Congress doesn't "oversee" the Executive branch.

If you're splitting hairs about "Congressional oversight of" versus "oversee" I'm not interested in playing. If not, you're wrong, of course. Do a Google search if you want. You can start with wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_oversight

Talk to Greenbeard. He used "oversee".

Nowhere in The Constitution does the Legislative Branch have authority over the Executive Branch beyond the power of the purse.

Nowhere in The Constitution does the Legislative Branch have authority over the Executive Branch beyond the power of the purse.

I didn't claim they had "authority over" the Executive branch. What they can do is hold hearings on executive branch actions or individuals, investigate, issue subpoenas for information, call witnesses, refer wrongdoing to the DoJ or bar or state officials for prosecution if needed, and/or bring impeachment proceedings to remove bad actors, and more. Mostly what they can do is bring information to the public in the form of public hearings, reports, etc. These are core elements of the checks and balances in our system, and overall a very good thing.

But you know this and are just trying to drag the discussion into a rathole, so I'll quit here unless you have an actually substantive comment on this subject.

Last edited:
Like you and any of your liberal cronies on here really cared about accountability 2-3 years ago.

Sickening at best.

Show us what accountability they didn't care about 2-3 years ago when Obama was President and the GOP was proudly refusing to work with him?

If they aren't, they should be. I certainly would be ****ting in my skivvies if I was a Trump right about now.

They have all these active investigations currently ongoing.

New, incoming NY AG Letitia James is going after him with both barrels.

Now, the incoming House is going after him as well.

Tick, tock, mother****er. :lol:

Letitia James is showing us what tyranny looks like.

Cool. They'll be too busy to raise taxes.

We all appreciate their priorities. A corrupt Trump presidency is a bigger threat to American than the budget deficit.

Letitia James is showing us what tyranny looks like.

...by focusing her flashlight into the guts of the tyrant. I couldn't agree more.

I suspect, however, once the tyrant is filleted for America to see, we will turn away in disgust.

Last edited:
We all appreciate their priorities. A corrupt Trump presidency is a bigger threat to American than the budget deficit.

...by focusing her flashlight into the guts of the tyrant. I couldn't agree more.

I suspect, however, once the tyrant is filleted for America to see, we will turn away in disgust.

Keep telling yourself that's what it's all about. It keeps you from having to be honest and admitting you are STILL butt hurt that Trump kicked Hillary's ass to the curb.

You'll get him no matter WHAT!!

Seeing as they aren't going to be favoring him like they did Clinton in the least on any of these. Then they will most likely find something.
When congress was investigating Benghazi, they were favoring Clinton?

Can you explain?

Keep telling yourself that's what it's all about. It keeps you from having to be honest and admitting you are STILL butt hurt that Trump kicked Hillary's ass to the curb.

You'll get him no matter WHAT!!

No, the nation is butt hurt that we were duped into electing a snake oil salesman who brought his own unique brand of incompetence and corruption to Washington. Now we are merely trying to manage the damage.

Now that the Democrats are in control of the house, I would say the wildfire is 70% contained. It can burn itself out over the next year or so...and then your side can deal with a Democratically control House, Senate and White House..... unless, of course, you figure out how to extricate yourself from him beforehand.

Show us what accountability they didn't care about 2-3 years ago when Obama was President and the GOP was proudly refusing to work with him?

HUH?

Can you find us the 30,000 emails that were deleted? (illegally) Pay for play?

Go ahead and deny it.

No, the nation is butt hurt that we were duped into electing a snake oil salesman who brought his own unique brand of incompetence and corruption to Washington. Now we are merely trying to manage the damage.

Now that the Democrats are in control of the house, I would say the wildfire is 70% contained. It can burn itself out over the next year or so...and then your side can deal with a Democratically control House, Senate and White House..... unless, of course, you figure out how to extricate yourself from him beforehand.

Oh.

Did you...a progressive...vote for Trump?

If so, why? What did Trump say to get you to vote for him that you feel duped about?

If not, then you are just feeding yourself a line of bull****.

What were the results of the Benghazi investigations again?
4 of our own were left in Libya to die.

The result of Congress investigating Benghazi is that "4 of our own were left in Libya to die"?

That ****ing Congress!
Why did they investigate if it meant leaving those poor souls to die?
That Congress were a bunch of heartless bastards.

Usually when congress investigates, the results are less deadly.

Not that time I guess.

The result of Congress investigating Benghazi is that "4 of our own were left in Libya to die"?

That ****ing Congress!
Why did they investigate if it meant leaving those poor souls to die?

Congress didn't leave those men behind, Obamafail and corrked Hillary did. Stick with the facts

That Congress were a bunch of heartless bastards.

Your right but you got the wong branch of government, it was Obamafail and Crooked Hillary. Stick with the facts

Usually when congress investigates, the results are less deadly.

You would hope but in this case 4 of our own died because of planned AQ attack, that Crooked called a spontaneous attack. Stick with the facts.

:2wave: By, you can go play in the sandbox now.

Back
Top Bottom