• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cummings on 'Adam Schitt': 'Mr. President, please do not do that'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...dam-schitt-mr-president-please-do-not-do-that

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Monday denounced President Trump for referring to Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) as "Adam Schitt."

"I would say to the president directly: Mr. President, please do not do that," Cummings said on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports." "That is beneath you and it is beneath this office."

Cummings defended Schiff as "one of the most brilliant members of our Congress" and a "phenomenal human being." He said there is "no need" to call anybody names.
==============================================
Calling fellow politicians names is very immature. He is making a mockery of his office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...dam-schitt-mr-president-please-do-not-do-that

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) on Monday denounced President Trump for referring to Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) as "Adam Schitt."

"I would say to the president directly: Mr. President, please do not do that," Cummings said on MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports." "That is beneath you and it is beneath this office."

Cummings defended Schiff as "one of the most brilliant members of our Congress" and a "phenomenal human being." He said there is "no need" to call anybody names.
Calling fellow politicians names is very immature. He is making a mockery of his office.

LOL!!

Schitty…"one of the most brilliant members of our Congress"..."phenomenal human being"...hyperbole to the max.

LOL!!

Schitty…"one of the most brilliant members of our Congress"..."phenomenal human being"...hyperbole to the max.

Look at you, copying Dear Leader. It's so cute!

I don’t agree with Rep Cummings on much, but he was right to call the President out on this. It is beneath the office. No President should be making such boorish remarks.

I don’t agree with Rep Cummings on much, but he was right to call the President out on this. It is beneath the office. No President should be making such boorish remarks.

It's all to call attention to himself. The same tactic won him many millions in free media coverage during the campaign.

Only an idiot doesn't know that what the President called Schiff is absolutely disgusting and beneath the office.

Nobody cares about how great or rotten or ugly or whatever Schiff is. It has nothing to do with Schiff. Cummings should have left it at the last line. Because, like I said, only idiots aren't dumbfounded and appalled by this crap from the President.

Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave.

Since when has Trump shown once ounce of decorum? Sure, he cries about it when he's treated roughly by the Press, but he has zero civility about himself and has continually demeaned the office of President through his childish behavior.

Can't disagree.

If this mis-speak was done intentionally then Trump is crossing a line even for his own low standards.

Back
Top Bottom