• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Culture of life? Please.

sargasm

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Why do conservative politicians oppose abortion under the guise of this country being a culture of life when its obvious they are only trying to forward their own religious views/gain votes from religious nuts, which is clearly unconstitutional? I mean conservatives say they care about life but they only care about the unborn and post-living vegetables like Terri Schivo. They dont care about 30,000 children that die each day from starvation, they don't care about executing some guy on death row, even though according to them, God is the only entity capable of judging man. They scream bloody murder when some poor girl gets an abortion because she can barely pay the rent, is working two shifts, and the guy who got her pregnant is long gone. They say they are defending the vulnerable but they put millions of dollars every year into anti-abortion campaigns instead of sending it to aid starving people. Their argument is so full of hypocricy its a wonder how they continue to carry on this crusade to stomp out a civil right.

Anti-abortion campaigns are, as you intimated, vote-winners. Saving starving children wins veru few votes. Sad, but true. That is, I'm afraid, the nature of politicians.

sargasm said:
They dont care about 30,000 children that die each day from starvation, they don't care about executing some guy on death row, even though according to them, God is the only entity capable of judging man. They scream bloody murder when some poor girl gets an abortion because she can barely pay the rent, is working two shifts, and the guy who got her pregnant is long gone. They say they are defending the vulnerable but they put millions of dollars every year into anti-abortion campaigns instead of sending it to aid starving people. Their argument is so full of hypocricy its a wonder how they continue to carry on this crusade to stomp out a civil right.

To care about starving children would mean proposing fairer global systems, which might mean just a few less dollars for the average US citizen to go bowling or to McDonalds, so knowing that the average selfish church-goer won't vote for that, they don't propose it.

A young, vulnerable, distressed girl in an unfortunate situation is fair game. So they pick on her because christians love the culture of blame, so they'll vote for the idea that all the world's ills stem from the idea that Caitlin from South Carolina once had sex. We'll pray for starving children, pretending we care for an hour on a Sunday morning, knowing damn well that that does nothing, then we'll forget about them until next week, because we've got more christain things to do like plan the next bombing of the local abortion clinic.

Urethra Franklin said:
To care about starving children would mean proposing fairer global systems, which might mean just a few less dollars for the average US citizen to go bowling or to McDonalds, so knowing that the average selfish church-goer won't vote for that, they don't propose it.

A young, vulnerable, distressed girl in an unfortunate situation is fair game. So they pick on her because christians love the culture of blame, so they'll vote for the idea that all the world's ills stem from the idea that Caitlin from South Carolina once had sex. We'll pray for starving children, pretending we care for an hour on a Sunday morning, knowing damn well that that does nothing, then we'll forget about them until next week, because we've got more christain things to do like plan the next bombing of the local abortion clinic.

Hold on here! You are saying that Christians do this, but really it politicians who claim to be Christians. I hope you can tell the difference. If you knew a real Christian you would see that they all about love and caring and not what you typed. I believe, as do most of the poeple at my church, that there should be more spending toward starving third world countries. I'm pretty liberal on that issue. I feel hardly any simathy for people in America because there are enough jobs for everyone here. I'm not completely for the death penalty, 1, because it is not consistant with states, one man gets death, while the other gets 30 years. 2, innocent people have died, and keeping someone for life cost less than death, and yes God is the ultimite Judge, not us.

satanloveslibs said:
Hold on here! You are saying that Christians do this, but really it politicians who claim to be Christians. I hope you can tell the difference. If you knew a real Christian you would see that they all about love and caring and not what you typed. I believe, as do most of the poeple at my church, that there should be more spending toward starving third world countries. I'm pretty liberal on that issue. I feel hardly any simathy for people in America because there are enough jobs for everyone here. I'm not completely for the death penalty, 1, because it is not consistant with states, one man gets death, while the other gets 30 years. 2, innocent people have died, and keeping someone for life cost less than death, and yes God is the ultimite Judge, not us.

then why do so many christians in this country support these politicians and their policies?

Jesus, still no conservative dares to show their head in here still because its so obvious they're wrong

WOW, This is cool, this is one of those threads where we all just spew nonsense general stereotypes in order to get a response. Here let me try:

Liberal sissy groups are all out there wanting to save people on death row, who have murdered and raped women and children, all the while wanting to continue to kill children in the womb so they can continue to have sex recklessly without having to take responsibility for their actions. *Man this is fun*:roll:

For the record: I am a moderate conservative who is a Christian, pro-life, anti-death penalty, and makes donations every month to organizations that are feeding children around the world. I guess in the end all of those posts that use stereotypes turn out to be nothing more then political :spin:

sargasm said:
Jesus, still no conservative dares to show their head in here still because its so obvious they're wrong

because no one can respond to your broad generalization. and how, in any way, do you feel that abortion should be a civil right when its supporters still cant make a strong case that you arent killing an unborn child?

is there hypocrisy from conservative politicians? sure. but same with the left. you want to save inmates on death row but you'll vaccuum a fetus out of a woman, no questions asked. if you care so much about life and equal rights, why dont unborn children deserve the same?

Last edited:
Why do conservative politicians oppose abortion under the guise of this country being a culture of life when its obvious they are only trying to forward their own religious views/gain votes from religious nuts, which is clearly unconstitutional? I mean conservatives say they care about life but they only care about the unborn and post-living vegetables like Terri Schivo. They dont care about 30,000 children that die each day from starvation, they don't care about executing some guy on death row, even though according to them, God is the only entity capable of judging man. They scream bloody murder when some poor girl gets an abortion because she can barely pay the rent, is working two shifts, and the guy who got her pregnant is long gone. They say they are defending the vulnerable but they put millions of dollars every year into anti-abortion campaigns instead of sending it to aid starving people. Their argument is so full of hypocricy its a wonder how they continue to carry on this crusade to stomp out a civil right.

To someone who sees abortion for what it is,which is government sanctioned murder.Abortion has caused the deaths of almost 50 million unborn children since this heinious act first became legal.

To put it in a contex that you could understand.Imagine 50 million people being slaughtered for profit because they refused to work for a south American Wal-mart.

jamesrage said:
To someone who sees abortion for what it is,which is government sanctioned murder.Abortion has caused the deaths of almost 50 million unborn children since this heinious act first became legal.

To put it in a contex that you could understand.Imagine 50 million people being slaughtered for profit because they refused to work for a south American Wal-mart.

What? How does this South American Walmart business even relate in any way to abortion? First off, abortion is not legally murder anymore than killing a tadpole because there is no constitutional protection afforded a mass of cells that, though bearing characteristics of life, does not bear the marked characteristics of human life. So lets try to be reasonable and not look at it as causing the deaths of 50 million unborn children, but rather preventing the slow starvation of 50 million uncared for children.

Now, onto the original poster of this thread...just a question...you do distinguish between religious right wing nuts and the masses of level headed conservatives out there right? I am avidly pro choice, yet I support the death penalty, and pretty much on the same grounds. An inmate sitting on death row for the rape and murder of a human being should not be afforded any constitutional protections any more than a snake lying in the grass. Laws applied to human beings are no longer applicable because the inmate has proven himself to be an inhuman monster with no regard for life and no respect for society. In effect, it is simply a pile of human parts which has replace its humanity with a predatorial instinct which must be exterminated to protect the greater good.

The original "culture of life," if I'm not mistaken... was termed by Pope John Paul II. The original culture of life forbid the death penelty, euthenasia, abortion, starvation and the likes... Life was a gift of God not to be taken for granted by the society of man.

FiremanRyan said:
because no one can respond to your broad generalization. and how, in any way, do you feel that abortion should be a civil right when its supporters still cant make a strong case that you arent killing an unborn child?

is there hypocrisy from conservative politicians? sure. but same with the left. you want to save inmates on death row but you'll vaccuum a fetus out of a woman, no questions asked. if you care so much about life and equal rights, why dont unborn children deserve the same?

And you have a stong case to prove that you are killing an unborn child?
Want to save inmate from death row, yeah, thats because an inmate is a HUMAN. Believe it or not, its scientifically proven that inmates are humans. But science is a word that means too little to you so I won't play that card. Why fight against abortion if it isnt proven that they are children when 30,000 children die of hunger every day; we know they're alive, but rather then help them lets put millions and millions of dollars each year into the campaign against abortion because its "a senseless waste of life". Thats hypocrisy for you.

sargasm said:
And you have a stong case to prove that you are killing an unborn child?
Want to save inmate from death row, yeah, thats because an inmate is a HUMAN. Believe it or not, its scientifically proven that inmates are humans. But science is a word that means too little to you so I won't play that card. Why fight against abortion if it isnt proven that they are children when 30,000 children die of hunger every day; we know they're alive, but rather then help them lets put millions and millions of dollars each year into the campaign against abortion because its "a senseless waste of life". Thats hypocrisy for you.

please. im not even a very religious person, this is more a question of morality. first of all, i never said we shouldnt be spending money on helping the hungry, we are and we should. second, you dodged my point. if a fetus is considered 'life', than killing it is murder. pro-choicers have no scientific evidence to support their theory that life starts when you are born or in the last trimester or whatever they say. in fact, science has consistantly been swaying the other way saying that life begins much earlier. why do you think National Geographic just came out with a documentary on it, or why its been in the media as much as it has? its all based on these findings. call me nuts, but these unborn children should be given the benefit of the doubt, not because of religion, but because of moral obligations. left wingers always say conservatives try to play god, while, at the same time, they are all for killing unborn children, yet they are the ones who scream hypocrisy...makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
What? How does this South American Walmart business even relate in any way to abortion?

If you are too ignorant to understand the anology then do not bother wasting my time.

jamesrage said:
If you are too ignorant to understand the anology then do not bother wasting my time.

*cough*ornotdeludedenoughtounderstandit*cough*

FiremanRyan said:

Um, mate - hate to burst your bubble, but no one has proven that it is killing an unborn child, either. So until it's proven one way or another, it's a useless argument.
"You MIGHT be killing them!"
"But I MIGHT not be, as well."
See? Same goes for vice versa.

Abortion is legal now... so really, if the anti-abortion side want to stop it, the burden of proof is on them.

vergiss said:
*cough*ornotdeludedenoughtounderstandit*cough*

Um, mate - hate to burst your bubble, but no one has proven that it is killing an unborn child, either. So until it's proven one way or another, it's a useless argument.
See? Same goes for vice versa.

Abortion is legal now... so really, if the anti-abortion side want to stop it, the burden of proof is on them.

i never said that concrete evidence was there. if i did quote me. what i said is that science hasnt proved it one way or the other, although they are leaning toward one side. regardless of which side that is, we should be giving the children the benefit of the doubt.

if you cannot prove that their 'human life' hasnt started and arent 100% sure on it, how can you feel comfortable killing them?

....well ****, i dont know so lets kill them anyways."

thats basically what liberals are saying.

Last edited:
jamesrage said:

No, please...we are all here to learn and share ideas, right? So please, enlighten me. It was a legitimate question...though I must say, what your response lacks in legitimacy, you certainly seem to be making up for with insult. Now, care to make a point...or did you not really have one in the first place?

FiremanRyan said:
i never said that concrete evidence was there. if i did quote me. what i said is that science hasnt proved it one way or the other, although they are leaning toward one side. regardless of which side that is, we should be giving the children the benefit of the doubt.

if you cannot prove that their 'human life' hasnt started and arent 100% sure on it, how can you feel comfortable killing them?

....well ****, i dont know so lets kill them anyways."

thats basically what liberals are saying.

Uh huh. Hey, perhaps other animals are intelligent and self-aware? Maybe you ought to stop eating meat and setting mouse traps. Safer to err on the side of caution, after all. :lol:

Conservative revisionist linguistics

FiremanRyan said:
if a fetus is considered 'life', than killing it is murder.
Nope, that's claptrap nonsense.
pro-choicers have no scientific evidence to support their theory that life starts when you are born or in the last trimester or whatever they say.
Actually, life started close to 4 bill. years ago. Everything since is merely continuation of existing life.
in fact, science has consistantly been swaying the other way saying that life begins much earlier.
Than conception? yes, after all, the sperm and the egg certainly are alive.
why do you think National Geographic just came out with a documentary on it, or why its been in the media as much as it has?
And "it" is what, exactly? You are making some very generalized claims based on very vague claims. Care to be specific instead?
its all based on these findings. call me nuts, but these unborn children
"unborn children"? Oh, that must be some new prolife revisionist linguistic hyperbole, just like if we talked about "pre-dead corpses."
should be given the benefit of the doubt,
"doubt" about what? Regardless of what the fetus or embryo are, nobody or nothing has the right to use a woman's bodily resources against her will.
not because of religion, but because of moral obligations.
That would be the moral obligation to NOT enslave women into a conservative, theocratic misogyny.

Back
Top Bottom