• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cultural Learning Not Limited to Humans

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Scientific theory and religious dogma both have always maintained that one aspect that separates humans from all other animals has been the ability of humans to learn, and then pass that learning on to other humans. It is no longer the case, and it has now been shown that cultural learning is no longer within the domain of humans only.

Article is here.

I think one of the main differences between humans and other animals is how much more other animals live off instincts. If they are presented with a choice, they choose off their instict. This really isnt that much different from humans, so i really dont know where im going with this...lol. Interesting article anyway, and I would love to hear what other ppl think the main difference between humans and other animals is, if one really exists.

i guess instincts is the main difference. While instincts are immensly important, humans have learned that reason can produce great results in survival as well.

Back
Top Bottom