• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CUBs

They may win. But probably lose. CUBS SUCK.

Cub fans are proof that there is something in the Chicago water making people crazy. After all, crazy by definition is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. And, cub fans repeatedly fill that ballpark expecting their horrid team to win.

Check out the numbers like attendance every year. Wrigley is always packed. It's one of Americas greatest ball parks. If you go through life never going there on a beautiful summer day your life is a total waste. To get a season ticket is mathematically impossible. Inow live in Hoston and like the Cubs the Astros well, aint so good. The difference is the elaborate ball park that cost a whole lot o money is.....empty.

GO CUBS!!!!!

Check out the numbers like attendance every year. Wrigley is always packed. It's one of Americas greatest ball parks. If you go through life never going there on a beautiful summer day your life is a total waste. To get a season ticket is mathematically impossible. Inow live in Hoston and like the Cubs the Astros well, aint so good. The difference is the elaborate ball park that cost a whole lot o money is.....empty.

GO CUBS!!!!!
I heard recently that a young couple were getting along splendidly until he told her he was a Cubs fan. She never spoke to him again. When asked why she so quickly blew off "the man of her dreams", she said that he must be crazy. "The Cubs stink."

She apparently had no intention of waiting around for the other shoe to drop.

Cub fans are proof that there is something in the Chicago water making people crazy. After all, crazy by definition is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. And, cub fans repeatedly fill that ballpark expecting their horrid team to win.

That would be something to think about if the park wasn't filled up by a majority of suburbanites and tourists.

That would be something to think about if the park wasn't filled up by a majority of suburbanites and tourists.

I think the 'burbs also get their water from the lake.

The tourists...maybe they are the sane ones. Odds are they aren't rooting for the Cubs, but rather simply staring at the ivy or trying to figure out that goofy scoreboard.

All "great" modern day cities are filled with folks from the burbs. They go there to see and experience the city. I grew up in the suburbs there and going down town Chicago was the greatest. Wrigley Field, Comisky Park, and all the great museums and Grant Park not to mention Lake Shore Drive and the beaches in Chi Town. Then in high school taking a date down town was the ultimate. Then turning 21 going down town was the wildest experience a young man could possibly fancy with millions of gorgeous girls everywhere. Yeah, being a Cub fan was a terrible burden back then, sitting out in the sun with a cold beer, freinds and a hot dog. What you losers fail to recognize is Cub fans unlike Boston fans when the rival Cards come to play we all sit together and enjoy the game. In Boston when the Yanks come in they literally cut the park in half because THOSE great Americans would rather throw bottles at each other than watch the game. Wrigley will never fade away or be imploded with dynamite like all the other once great parks and that alone is testamony how great that field is. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All "great" modern day cities are filled with folks from the burbs. They go there to see and experience the city. I grew up in the suburbs there and going down town Chicago was the greatest. Wrigley Field, Comisky Park, and all the great museums and Grant Park not to mention Lake Shore Drive and the beaches in Chi Town. Then in high school taking a date down town was the ultimate. Then turning 21 going down town was the wildest experience a young man could possibly fancy with millions of gorgeous girls everywhere. Yeah, being a Cub fan was a terrible burden back then, sitting out in the sun with a cold beer, freinds and a hot dog. What you losers fail to recognize is Cub fans unlike Boston fans when the rival Cards come to play we all sit together and enjoy the game. In Boston when the Yanks come in they literally cut the park in half because THOSE great Americans would rather throw bottles at each other than watch the game. Wrigley will never fade away or be imploded with dynamite like all the other once great parks and that alone is testamony how great that field is. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a life long Cub fan who lives on the Wisconsin border . . . but I hate the city.

I'm a life long Cub fan who lives on the Wisconsin border . . . but I hate the city.

Agreed! Chicago WAS a great city but the cost of everything went through the roof. Flash mobs and $37 to park in a garage and $6.75 an hour to park at a meter and almost doubling the Metra train fees and the Tollway fees. And the city is still broke.

I really DO wish the Cubs a great season but after so many years of horribleness Im used to it.

Back
Top Bottom