• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cubs Suck

Their record is fairly awe inspiring this year, that's for sure.

It's part of the rebuilding, have to purge the payroll to start over again.

But they haven't purged the payroll yet. :lol:

They just started this year with the new GM. This ain't some instantaneous process by which you throw Soriano into the lake with some cinder blocks. Though that was my solution.

They just started this year with the new GM. This ain't some instantaneous process by which you throw Soriano into the lake with some cinder blocks. Though that was my solution.

So the purging of the payroll doesn't really have any bearing on the magnitude of suckage present right now.

although I agree it's from past mistakes, but that is what defines the Cubs.

So the purging of the payroll doesn't really have any bearing on the magnitude of suckage present right now.

although I agree it's from past mistakes, but that is what defines the Cubs.

I'm going to believe in the vision the Cubs have. Break the team down, off load the payroll, build the farm team, in 4 or so years be able to be routinely competitive and make some serious runs at the Series.

Lets just hope they can continue sucking enough to land the no.1 pick in next years amateur draft. Also, lets pray we can move a guy like Garza to a farm stacked team like Baltimore before the deadline.

Lets just hope they can continue sucking enough to land the no.1 pick in next years amateur draft. Also, lets pray we can move a guy like Garza to a farm stacked team like Baltimore before the deadline.
I do not think the first part will be too much of a problem. Next year's draft is still quite a ways away, but it is shaping up to be similar to this year's draft in that there are no consensus #1 pick, but rather a top tier of 3-4 players whom all could be considered for the first pick. Houston showed that it can be worked to a team's advantage, though I would prefer there be a once in a generation talent if the Cubs have the first pick.

I also think there will be enough demand to move Garza, though I do not want Baltimore to be the trading partner. Outside of Dylan Bundy and Manny Machado their farm system is below average; as much as I want the Cubs to trade for Bundy, there is no way Baltimore is trading him. Instead, I would look closer at Kansas City, Toronto, and maybe New York as better trading partners.

Back
Top Bottom