• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cubs fans: Please step inside...

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Explain yourself. Please explain *why* you are a Cubs fan. Is it the history? The tradition? The perpetual underdog aspect? What is it about the Cubs that makes you want to root for them?

Boo too the Cubs. Go RedSox Go

I haven't been a Cub fan since I left Chicago back in 1991. When I moved from state to state, like I did from 92 until about 96, I usually picked a few teams and followed the winners through the pennant races and into the playoffs. Over the years, I've been an Indians fan, a Braves fan, a Red Sox fan and a Tiger fan. Nowadays, I'm a Reds fan.

Maybe if the Cubs won now and then, I'd have stuck with them, and team hopping would not have been necessary. I'm just glad we left Chicago. Otherwise, I might still be a Cub fan.

Explain yourself. Please explain *why* you are a Cubs fan. Is it the history? The tradition? The perpetual underdog aspect? What is it about the Cubs that makes you want to root for them?

They're the best franchise ever.

I haven't been a Cub fan since I left Chicago back in 1991. When I moved from state to state, like I did from 92 until about 96, I usually picked a few teams and followed the winners through the pennant races and into the playoffs. Over the years, I've been an Indians fan, a Braves fan, a Red Sox fan and a Tiger fan. Nowadays, I'm a Reds fan.

Maybe if the Cubs won now and then, I'd have stuck with them, and team hopping would not have been necessary. I'm just glad we left Chicago. Otherwise, I might still be a Cub fan.

Bandwagon, fair weather fans. :roll:

Please elaborate.

They're the Cubs, there's nothing more to say. I love the Cubs, they're my team and every year I give all I have behind rooting for them. There's some serendipity of birth, I was born in Chicago and grew up with the Cubs. But I won't abandon them, I ain't no fickle fair weather fan. Even before the internet, WGN made it possible to watch the Cubs pretty much anywhere, so I could keep up with them and I think historically that national coverage not only captured more fans outside of Chicago, but has also helped people hold on to their fandom.

The Cubs are going to be making some serious runs at post season play in a few years, they'll earn the elusive World Series title soon enough as well. And it's going to be awesome!

Well except that everyone will be a Cubs fan when they do. I have no respect for the fair weather fan. If you ain't there for the tough years, you don't deserve to be there for the good years.

They're the Cubs, there's nothing more to say. I love the Cubs, they're my team and every year I give all I have behind rooting for them. There's some serendipity of birth, I was born in Chicago and grew up with the Cubs. But I won't abandon them, I ain't no fickle fair weather fan. Even before the internet, WGN made it possible to watch the Cubs pretty much anywhere, so I could keep up with them and I think historically that national coverage not only captured more fans outside of Chicago, but has also helped people hold on to their fandom.

The Cubs are going to be making some serious runs at post season play in a few years, they'll earn the elusive World Series title soon enough as well. And it's going to be awesome!

Well except that everyone will be a Cubs fan when they do. I have no respect for the fair weather fan. If you ain't there for the tough years, you don't deserve to be there for the good years.

Fair enough. Sounds like legitimate reasoning to me.

I can't speak for percentages but going out to Wrigley is a family tradition. Season ticket holders are holding ticket passed down from their grandparents. I do admit I like baseball better before free agency because the players stayed the same for years. I miss Jack Brickhouse and of course Harry Carey and good ol' WGN. The Cubs are heart felt favorite under dogs whereas the Yankees are for money only types. Most fans go to the Cub games to have fun. We KNOW what the outcome will most likely be. When the Cardinals come to town it is reunion time between the Cards fans and Cubs fans. We sit together and laugh it up. You don't see that betwen the Red Sox and Yankees. We would all love to see a world title but the attendance numbers prove we can live without it and have for many decades. At 65 I prorbably will never witness a World Series Champion Cubs team so I'l just keep watching. Why? Because I love them.Why? Beats me!!

Back
Top Bottom