• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cuban Dissidents Arrested On Way to Apostolic Nunciature in Havana

So facts and evidence of the foul and vile deeds of religions in general and the RCC in particular are evidence of hatred?

Can you please provide me a single link to any act of hatred I've EVER committed? Name some vile deeds?

Again. Whatever trauma you went through has caused you to condemn all for the actions of individuals. That isn't logic. It isn't fact. It is pure hatred. I certainly hope some day you will be able to come to terms with your hate and let it go.

Using that "logic" you must hate gravity, the seasons, rotation of the earth, the moon. You determinedly avoid discussing such matters as the institutionalized pedophilia of many religions. Why is that? No reasonable person could possibly support any organization with that sort of history and so one must inevitable arrive at the conclusion those who do are not reasonable. They certainly aren't sane.

So are you accusing me of supporting pedophiles? Of being a pedophile? I'm not avoiding the topic. I'm pointing out to you that this is irrelevant...unless you believe everyone who is involved with religion supports pedophiles. Do you? How about all Christians?

This is why this is no longer a discussion. It seems like you actually believe that...and thus you are nothing more than a pitiful angry person. And I sincerely hope you can let it go some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please provide me a single link to any act of hatred I've EVER committed? Name some vile deeds?

Again. Whatever trauma you went through has caused you to condemn all for the actions of individuals. That isn't logic. It isn't fact. It is pure hatred. I certainly hope some day you will be able to come to terms with your hate and let it go.

So are you accusing me of supporting pedophiles? Of being a pedophile? I'm not avoiding the topic. I'm pointing out to you that this is irrelevant...unless you believe everyone who is involved with religion supports pedophiles. Do you? How about all Christians?

This is why this is no longer a discussion. It seems like you actually believe that...and thus you are nothing more than a pitiful angry person. And I sincerely hope you can let it go some day.

It is all about you is it? You were never named as having committed any foul deeds. But if one supports an organization which has and does commit such deeds, one is thus tarnished with the same shame. Though to be sure, the RCC and other's have never shown any indication of shame.

I suffered no trauma at the hands of any clergy. I am simply intelligent to study the evidence and condemn the criminals as a result. Pointing out injustices is hardly an act of hatred.

A little light reading for those interested; The Evils of Rampant Religious Privilege

As you read this, children are being abused by clergy of many faiths. The worst of these, with a 1400 year head start, is the RCC. It is an axiom of law if one knows about a crime and fails to act to stop or report it, one is complicit (Ivanka's fav word) in the crime. It follows naturally then if one knows an organization has committed and continues to commit crimes and that person continues to support said organization, that person then is complicit in those ongoing crimes.

It is all about you is it? You were never named as having committed any foul deeds. But if one supports an organization which has and does commit such deeds, one is thus tarnished with the same shame. Though to be sure, the RCC and other's have never shown any indication of shame.

And thus you accuse me of supporting pedophiles. There it is. You expect me to feel shame for something I'm not a part of.

Sad. Pathetic. Nothing but anger.

I suffered no trauma at the hands of any clergy.

I don't believe you.

I am simply intelligent to study the evidence and condemn the criminals as a result.

No. You have condemned everyone with a different view. How very sad.

Pointing out injustices is hardly an act of hatred.

When you point to an entire group and make no exception for those who have no involvement? That is an act of hatred.

Again. I pity you. Maybe some day you will come to the realization that you are a bigot. And that your bigotry has driven you to be in favor of human rights violations. Something you claimed at the beginning of this thread. And you tried to pretend you didn't support it, but you have made it clear you did.

How sad.

And thus you accuse me of supporting pedophiles. There it is. You expect me to feel shame for something I'm not a part of.

Sad. Pathetic. Nothing but anger.

I don't believe you.

No. You have condemned everyone with a different view. How very sad.

When you point to an entire group and make no exception for those who have no involvement? That is an act of hatred.

Again. I pity you. Maybe some day you will come to the realization that you are a bigot. And that your bigotry has driven you to be in favor of human rights violations. Something you claimed at the beginning of this thread. And you tried to pretend you didn't support it, but you have made it clear you did.

How sad.

I see you are still firmly anchored in the concrete of denial.

I see your still in need of prayer for your anger and whatever traumatic experience you had.

:lamo If prayer worked, the streets would be littered with dead clergy, mostly catholic priests.

Every person who remains a supporter of this organization, is as guilty as the pedophiles themselves; Latest Pedophilia Scandal Rocks The Vatican. Apologists keep claiming the celibacy rule is responsible for pedophilia. Pedophiles are not affected by any rules and where you have children, you have pedophiles. Schools for instance are also a primary hunting ground. School boards and teachers associations have been doing the vatic shuffle with pedophile teachers for as long as we have had teachers. Every now and again they bring one to justice, but many more go unpunished.

:lamo If prayer worked, the streets would be littered with dead clergy, mostly catholic priests.

What we floats your boat. Just know that there is at least one person who feels pity for you.

Every person who remains a supporter of this organization, is as guilty as the pedophiles themselves; Latest Pedophilia Scandal Rocks The Vatican. Apologists keep claiming the celibacy rule is responsible for pedophilia. Pedophiles are not affected by any rules and where you have children, you have pedophiles. Schools for instance are also a primary hunting ground. School boards and teachers associations have been doing the vatic shuffle with pedophile teachers for as long as we have had teachers. Every now and again they bring one to justice, but many more go unpunished.

So now people who believe in education are for pedophiles.

Nice. I feel bad for you.

So now people who believe in education are for pedophiles.

Nice. I feel bad for you.

I wonder if you suffer from an inability to comprehend basic English. You certainly take things as said when they weren't. I guess that suits your agenda though.

Cuba report reveals ongoing religious restrictions
Cuba report reveals ongoing religious restrictions - Christian Solidarity Worldwide

6 Feb 2017

Christian Solidarity Worldwide’s (CSW’s) new report on violations of the right to Freedom of Religion or Belief (FoRB) in Cuba reveals that despite developments in Cuba’s relationships with the United States and European Union (EU), “talk of progress has not yet translated into tangible improvements for religion or belief communities.”

The report notes that the Cuban government has continued to actively restrict FoRB for a number of religious communities across the island. This is particularly acute for those who have been refused registration by the Office of Religious Affairs (ORA), the branch of the Cuban Communist Party which regulates religious affairs and which is identified in CSW’s report as “the key perpetrator of FoRB violations across the island.”

In 2016, four large churches linked to the Apostolic Movement, a Protestant church network that has been denied registration by the ORA, were destroyed by the government in central and eastern Cuba. Government officials later threatened to confiscate land from two landowners if they continued to allow the congregations of two of the demolished churches to hold Sunday services on their properties.
Click link above for full article.
As can be notice from the CSW’s new report, after the Obama administration renew diplomatic relations with the Castroit regime in December 2014, the crackdown on Christians have skyrocketed, from 220 cases of violations of freedom of religion in 2014 to 2,380 in 2016. Religious persecution against Christians by the atheist tyrannical regime have kept increasing at a galloping pace.

Serious religious violation continues in Cuba. Only sustained vocal support from religious believers around the world, could force the Communist Castroit regime to stop the religion persecution in the island.

Serious religious violation continues in Cuba. Only sustained vocal support from religious believers around the world, could force the Communist Castroit regime to stop the religion persecution in the island.

Sadly I don't believe there will be any support.

Castro is our new buddy. Thanks Obama.

And Christians are the bad guys (see above for the mentality of the drooling masses of idiotic anti theists).

Having difficulty feeling sorry for people who support a religion the entire history of which to the current day dependes entirely upon suppression, repression and outright torture murder and abuse of anyone who dared contradict their silly superstiton.

Having difficulty feeling sorry for people who support a religion the entire history of which to the current day dependes entirely upon suppression, repression and outright torture murder and abuse of anyone who dared contradict their silly superstiton.

Yeah, you've made it perfectly clear you applaud tyranny so long as it's religious people getting oppressed.

Yeah, you've made it perfectly clear you applaud tyranny so long as it's religious people getting oppressed.

Well, since religious people have, throughout the ages, promoted, committed and supported tyranny, as they do now, against anyone with brains enough to oppose them, why should anyone intelligent feel sorry for them now?

Well, since religious people have, throughout the ages, promoted, committed and supported tyranny, as they do now, against anyone with brains enough to oppose them, why should anyone intelligent feel sorry for them now?

Because an intelligent person understands history well enough to comprehend the fact that 1) nobody alive in Cuba has "oppressed" anybody; 2) revenge fantasies based on half understood tidbits are never good for anyone; and 3) intelligent people don't leap headlong into a fallacious position.

Because an intelligent person understands history well enough to comprehend the fact that 1) nobody alive in Cuba has "oppressed" anybody; 2) revenge fantasies based on half understood tidbits are never good for anyone; and 3) intelligent people don't leap headlong into a fallacious position.

Addressing 3). You do this with almost papal infallibility. As for 1) the church (RCC Historically for xians) has never worried about facts in oppressing people. It was quite simply enough that a person or village or person in that village had done or said or claimed something which the "church" found offensive for them to justify murder, rape etc of some or all the inhabitants there-of. So, um, why should the goose not suffer the same sauce as the gander? As for 2, hahahaha!

Addressing 3). You do this with almost papal infallibility. As for 1) the church (RCC Historically for xians) has never worried about facts in oppressing people. It was quite simply enough that a person or village or person in that village had done or said or claimed something which the "church" found offensive for them to justify murder, rape etc of some or all the inhabitants there-of. So, um, why should the goose not suffer the same sauce as the gander? As for 2, hahahaha!

Ooh, a doctrine which hasn't had an effect on geopolitics for hundreds of years. Yep, that justifies Castro's crimes alright:roll:

So in other words your claim is that atheists are just as bad as believers then? Because all of the things you've described are things atheists have done in the past on a grand scale.

Oh it did. Your hero Stalin ordered plenty such treatment in his campaigns against religion across the USSR.

Ooh, a doctrine which hasn't had an effect on geopolitics for hundreds of years. Yep, that justifies Castro's crimes alright:roll:

So in other words your claim is that atheists are just as bad as believers then? Because all of the things you've described are things atheists have done in the past on a grand scale.

Oh it did. Your hero Stalin ordered plenty such treatment in his campaigns against religion across the USSR.

:lamo Thanks. You really have no idea about which you rant or you would not have posted the above. You display an amazing, profound and extremely humourous ignorance not only of your own faith but of history in general...real, not RCC history.

:lamo Thanks. You really have no idea about which you rant or you would not have posted the above. You display an amazing, profound and extremely humourous ignorance not only of your own faith but of history in general...real, not RCC history.

As usual, you've resorted to shrieking "I win" instead of making an argument. Typical.

As usual, you've resorted to shrieking "I win" instead of making an argument. Typical.

As usual you avoid addressing reality, facts and run off to the shelter of the nearby fecal piles of religious denial and ignorance.

As usual you avoid addressing reality, facts and run off to the shelter of the nearby fecal piles of religious denial and ignorance.

Coming from somebody who declared that Joseph Stalin was a victim.....your claims mean nothing.

Coming from somebody who declared that Joseph Stalin was a victim.....your claims mean nothing.

He was a victim of his father and his father's religion. Fact, not fiction like your religious beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom