• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cuba prepares for another bitter sugar harvest

Still not getting it are you?

I'll make this exceedingly simple for you.

Sandokan argued Cuba's sugar problem = why Cuba's government is bad

Does that make sense in the context of sugar economics? You tell me.

Tell me, what do you think Cuba should have done to fix its sugar industry in the face of overwhelming Brazilian domination of the world sugar market?

Brazilian domination of the world sugar market also affected Texas. Imperial Sugar used to be headquarterd in Sugar Land, Texas, just outside of Houston. A few years ago, the last sugar processing plant there was closed down, due to unprofitability because of the price of sugar. So, if I read Sandokan's logic correctly, then the closing of sugar plants in Texas is a condemnation of the American system of government. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Castro brothers’ tyranny has decimated the Cuban sugar industry. The island economy is in shambles, surviving only on remittances of Cuban abroad, tourism, and Chavez subsidize oil and credit. A once beautiful and well-to-do nation has been plundered by the evil experiment of Fidel Castro and his mafia.

Back
Top Bottom