• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as veep.

Frank Apisa

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The NY Times is reporting that Ted Cruz, in an effort to bolster his primary campaign, has chosen Fiorina as his running mate.

Holy Moley.

He is willing to acknowledge things are that bad for him.

EVERYONE: Take a long, hard look at this move.
One does not often get an opportunity to see desperation on this level.

Anyway…I doubt Cruz will be the nominee of the Republican Party…and Carly Fiorina is a loser.

Bad move for Cruz; bad move for Fiorina; bad move impact on the Republican Party…

…ahhh, the silver lining: Hillary must be ecstatic.

Cruz just handed Trump the California primary by a landslide. :mrgreen:

This choice was totally expected but also totally meaningless because the only way Cruz can get the nomination is through a brokered convention. He's far enough back in the delegate count now that if the GOP installs him as the nominee there will be even more hell to pay than there already is.

This proves that Cruz doesn't want to be president.

The NY Times is reporting that Ted Cruz, in an effort to bolster his primary campaign, has chosen Fiorina as his running mate.

Holy Moley.

LOL!!!! Kasich, despite being a bumbling fool is, a strong VP pick because he might bring the state of OHIO. But Cruz can't put Kasich on the ticket since Kasich is so stubborn and hasn't dropped out of the race!!! Not only that, but now that he's chosen Carly for the VEEP spot, it means he can't use it as leverage to lure in Rubio, Bush, or Kasich. The "neverTrump" movement is tripping over itself as it falls apart. This is hilarious. :lamo :funny

Since Carly Fiorina's literally only claim to fame is running not just one but two companies into the ground, consider this a concession. Stick a fork in Ted Cruz, he's done.

Ted Cruz to name Carly Fiorina as VP - CNNPolitics.com

Holy Moley.

Way too little, way too late, and he picked the wrong one anyway. I recall Fiorina got all of one delegate before her campaign came to a crashing halt.

Cruz just handed Trump the California primary by a landslide. :mrgreen:

Agreed. Clint Eastwood would have been a more popular choice as the voters of California have already consigned Fiorina to the trash heap.

I see a silver lining, I like Ted Cruz as my Senator,
He has the right disposition for the Senate. (I am not sure if that says anything good about the senate).

Way too little, way too late, and he picked the wrong one anyway. I recall Fiorina got all of one delegate before her campaign came to a crashing halt.

Yeah, not what an actual winner, or someone who wants to be, would choose for a running mate. I know he's desperate, but really, a smart person would have picked someone who was important to CA, the last remaining hope of looking like a winner for Cruz. This pick actually removes him from consideration at the convention. Even on a possible second or third ballot.

I guess I owe Cruz a thank you for taking her off the table with him.

I guess I owe Cruz a thank you for taking her off the table with him.

Actually, now that you mention it, could this be Cruz' way of throwing in the towel without actually quitting? Like he knows it's over but he wants to make it look like he went down fighting?

Holy Moley.

Man, I swear I could smell this coming!

I guess, "It's now all about Indiana"

Man, I swear I could smell this coming!

I guess, "It's now all about Indiana"

Too late, he screwed the pooch there last night for the whole state to see. You watch, when the polling this week catches up to last night, he'll be done.

This is not as bad as McCain picking Palin.

Probably.

I know what he is trying to do, he is trying show confidence, and lets face it this woman has nothing going on, and has nothing to lose by playing along. But to me this reeks of desperation. And it shows that he could not get anyone better, because he is hated, and because he is going no where.

LOL!!!! Kasich, despite being a bumbling fool is, a strong VP pick because he might bring the state of OHIO. But Cruz can't put Kasich on the ticket since Kasich is so stubborn and hasn't dropped out of the race!!! Not only that, but now that he's chosen Carly for the VEEP spot, it means he can't use it as leverage to lure in Rubio, Bush, or Kasich. The "neverTrump" movement is tripping over itself as it falls apart. This is hilarious. :lamo :funny

Since Carly Fiorina's literally only claim to fame is running not just one but two companies into the ground, consider this a concession. Stick a fork in Ted Cruz, he's done.

Ted Cruz to name Carly Fiorina as VP - CNNPolitics.com
Man, I wish I could give you more than one like for this post!

But if you post it again, I'll give it a try! ;)

I see a silver lining, I like Ted Cruz as my Senator,
He has the right disposition for the Senate. (I am not sure if that says anything good about the senate).
If only the Senate shared your opinion ... ;)

If only the Senate shared your opinion ... ;)
It is precisely that the senate does not share my opinion, that makes him good for the job.
The last thing we need is for the senate to become a collection of friends.

Actually, now that you mention it, could this be Cruz' way of throwing in the towel without actually quitting? Like he knows it's over but he wants to make it look like he went down fighting?

Could be, could also be why he tanked his chances in Indiana last night as well.

Twitter lets Ted Cruz know his latest gaffe probably just lost him the state of Indiana - Salon.com

Trump will have more than the required 1237.

Has anyone considered that this was not his choice, but was fostered upon him by the lack of other's willing to accept?

"You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" <-- quoting 'Bob'

Back
Top Bottom