• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cruz clashes with Hannity: Not my fault if Trump’s campaign can’t ‘run a lemonade sta

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Cruz clashes with Hannity: Not my fault if Trump’s campaign can’t ‘run a lemonade stand’
Cruz clashes with Hannity: Not my fault if Trump’s campaign can’t ‘run a lemonade stand’

A question about accruing delegates set off an argument between Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sean Hannity on the conservative host’s radio show on Tuesday.

“I cannot help that the Donald Trump campaign doesn’t seem capable of running a lemonade stand,” Cruz told Hannity. “Elections are won by voters and grassroots activists showing up and voting for the candidate they support, and we are winning election after election after election. And nobody, as I travel the country, nobody is asking me this other than the Trumpsters and people repeating it.”

The clash began early on during the talk, when Hannity asked the Tea Party legislator and Republican presidential candidate to explain the “very extensive” process of talking to delegates on the part of his campaign.

Cruz immediately griped that the media was “obsessed” with the process, instead of voters. Hannity countered by arguing that his listeners and fans online were coming to him for answers………..

Who can argue with Mr. Cruz………?

Re: Cruz clashes with Hannity: Not my fault if Trump’s campaign can’t ‘run a lemonade

Didn't Cruz just get his ass handed to him in the NY primary? Not that such a result was unexpected, but if Trump's campaign "can't run a lemonade stand," then why is Cruz the guy with no path to a majority of delegates?

Certainly not singing Trump's praises here; I think the guy is a boob. But so is Cruz, and he's the guy who's losing. So what does that mean Cruz's campaign can't run?

Cruz basically demanded Kasich, once he had no path to 1237, drop out of the GOP race. Now that Cruz doesn't either, will he do the "honorable thing" (Cruz's words) and drop out? No, because he's a hypocritical asshole.

Re: Cruz clashes with Hannity: Not my fault if Trump’s campaign can’t ‘run a lemonade

Didn't Cruz just get his ass handed to him in the NY primary? Not that such a result was unexpected, but if Trump's campaign "can't run a lemonade stand," then why is Cruz the guy with no path to a majority of delegates?

Certainly not singing Trump's praises here; I think the guy is a boob. But so is Cruz, and he's the guy who's losing. So what does that mean Cruz's campaign can't run?

Cruz basically demanded Kasich, once he had no path to 1237, drop out of the GOP race. Now that Cruz doesn't either, will he do the "honorable thing" (Cruz's words) and drop out? No, because he's a hypocritical asshole.

One must also remember that a republicant winning a blue state primary means nothing in terms of the general election. The Trump NY primary "big" win was accomplished by getting about half as many primary votes as Clinton got - NY (and its electoral college mght) will still belong to a demorat in the 2016 general POTUS election.

A question about accruing delegates set off an argument between Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Sean Hannity on the conservative host’s radio show on Tuesday.

“I cannot help that the Donald Trump campaign doesn’t seem capable of running a lemonade stand,” Cruz told Hannity. “Elections are won by voters and grassroots activists showing up and voting for the candidate they support, and we are winning election after election after election. And nobody, as I travel the country, nobody is asking me this other than the Trumpsters and people repeating it.”

The clash began early on during the talk, when Hannity asked the Tea Party legislator and Republican presidential candidate to explain the “very extensive” process of talking to delegates on the part of his campaign.

Cruz immediately griped that the media was “obsessed” with the process, instead of voters. Hannity countered by arguing that his listeners and fans online were coming to him for answers………..

Who can argue with Mr. Cruz………?

To me, political positions aside, Cruz has demonstrated that he's no more trustworthy than the bosses of either major Party.
He just can't hide it as well.
Did I mention that he's developed an irritating public persona.

To me, political positions aside, Cruz has demonstrated that he's no more trustworthy than the bosses of either major Party.
He just can't hide it as well.
Did I mention that he's developed an irritating public persona.

REALLY NOW.............

Are you saying that you find the most hated man in Washington public persona offensive? And irritating too!

I hate to break the news ............he has always been that way.............ever since puberty some say...........

REALLY NOW.............

Are you saying that you find the most hated man in Washington public persona offensive? And irritating too!

I hate to break the news ............he has always been that way.............ever since puberty some say...........

There's a joke in DC about Cruz

Q: Why do people take an immediate disliking to Cruz?

A: To save time

I lol'd

REALLY NOW.............

Yes. I thought I had made that clear.

And Hillary is the most transparently pandering weak dishonest candidate of either gender.

That's clear too.

Good one.

Yes. I thought I had made that clear.

And Hillary is the most transparently pandering weak dishonest candidate of either gender.

That's clear too.

Some of that is debatable........and more so cannot be proven since it represents personal opinion.............So there lies the rub..........

Just for giggles, both candidates need to get the independent vote to win NY in the general. By the numbers.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Here's another way to look at the voter turnout in the New York presidential primary.

1,797,022 voted in the Democratic presidential primary. *

That's 34 percent of the total active Democratic voters in NY.

853,539 voted in the Republican presidential primary. *

That's 33 percent of the total active Republican voters.

2,650,561 = the total number of voters who voted in NY.

That's only 25 percent of the 10,728,748 active registered voters in NY, including voters not enrolled in any party and those in smaller political parties.

There's an estimated 19,795,791 people living in New York, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

An estimated 15,757,449 New Yorkers are 18 or older. That's the legal age for voting.

So just 13 percent of all New Yorkers voted in the primary.

And just 17 percent of New Yorkers 18 or older voted in the primary.

Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary and Donald Trump won the Republican primary.

1,044,299 voted for Hillary Clinton. That's just 7 percent of New Yorkers 18 or older.

515,091 voted for Donald Trump. That's just 3 percent of New Yorkers 18 or older.

* Includes Democratic and Republican votes from 12,800 of 13,082 election districts in NY. Some districts' vote totals were not reported to the state board of elections Tuesday night

Tim-

Some of that is debatable........and more so cannot be proven since it represents personal opinion.............So there lies the rub..........

The Cruz stuff and the Hillary stuff would have to be called personal opinion no matter who has it but I hope you're not suggesting you've seen great honesty and resistance to pandering by Hillary (you having seen it would take care of the transparency point too).

The Cruz stuff and the Hillary stuff would have to be called personal opinion no matter who has it but I hope you're not suggesting you've seen great honesty and resistance to pandering by Hillary (you having seen it would take care of the transparency point too).

Both are not what I would call quality material.............IMHO the only responsible leader with a record of doing things and done with integrity in the gaggle of otherwise losers is Kasich.........

Back
Top Bottom