• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crusader Kings 3

Okay hold up... This game is nuts or broken. There I am playing the Kingdom of Galicia, getting lots of kids to spread around and it is all going well. I die and my grand son who is married to his aunt????? becomes king and then suddenly has no wife. I had not arranged anything since there was so many kids and grandkids...might have been a visual bug as others have husbands or wives that are relatives and 3 times thier age only suddenly to be married to someone who is their own age.

Well I get the kingdom put back together with the exception of 2 provinces who become independent. Waiting to attack, but am in massive debt so can't. Out of the blue comes some Vikings and takes over the provinces. Then out of the blue Sweden takes over large parts in Iberia from the Muslims. In Africa Mali is going strong... Remember that name.

40 years go by, Sweden still sitting on half of Iberia and is the 3rd or 4th most powerful in Europe so can't do much against them.

Suddenly Sweden is gone and Mali has taken over... So some how the Mali dynasty inherited the Kingdom of Sweden in 970 AF....yea right.

I am going crazy with this campaign.. And because I had so many kids with my first ruler, the dynasty spread all over the place and finding competent marriage material that is not a second or third cousin is near impossible...

But hey it is fun so that is all that matters.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Ah, so it's a typical PDX launch. I think I will happily stick with CK 2 for some time then.

Ah, so it's a typical PDX launch. I think I will happily stick with CK 2 for some time then.

To be fair, it was the early start date so the historical accuracy only counts there. But Paradox being Swedish, also accounts why Sweden becomes so powerful in pretty much every game I have done so far. But also Mali being powerful is actually historically accurate, except it taking over the Swedish empire.

Now saying that, I have found one odd new bug. Playing Byzantium, suddenly my wife was nude... nice boobs. However she was still Orthodox and in my council she was gone. The nudist religion also had not spawned anywhere at the time. Was hilarious. She was of course getting too old, so I divorced her and suddenly she had her cloths back on. Kinda funny.

They need to nerf the nordic religion aka Vikings a tad imo. The ability of them to raid and set up enclaves all over the place is kinda overpowered.

Have to say that this game is losing its appeal rather quickly.

The combat system annoys me. Maybe I am getting old, but finding the right area to click to siege down a county is annoying, especially in the mountainous areas. You got 3 choices in most counties and I always seem to click on the wrong one 50% of the time. And then there is the lack of reinforcing of leves bug. Now that is annoying. Having your armies shrink and shrink despite 10 years going by is...

But the biggest annoyance is the starting wars. Oh I can only take one little county and not the whole Kingdom despite occupying everything...really annoying and a tad unrealistic. Having to have a certain amount of fame to use a kingdom casius bell is.....fruatrating when you are attacking a 2 county minor country.

But other than that, the political and relationship stuff is good.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom