• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crunch Brexit Vote Could Be Delayed Until January 21, Theresa May Suggests

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...gests-theresa-may_us_5c0e95c7e4b0edf5a3a73815

Prime Minister Theresa May has pulled a vote on her Brexit deal, throwing the UK’s plan to leave the European Union into chaos after she admitted she did not have the votes to get it through parliament.

MPs could now have to wait until January 21, 2019 to vote on the government’s beleaguered deal, May announced in the House of Commons on Monday afternoon.

“If we went ahead and held the vote tomorrow the deal would be rejected by a significant margin,” May told parliament, adding that she was confident it was still the right deal for the UK.

“We will therefore defer the vote scheduled for tomorrow and not proceed to divide the House at this time,” she said, adding that the government would step up planning for a no-deal Brexit.

You guys understand what implications the delay on the Brexit vote has on the European economy?

Had she forced the vote to the floor, she would have been defeated, consequently she would likely have had to resign as Prime Minister.

This deal pleases absolutely no one so it's no surprise we've ended up at this impasse.

As much as one should respect the wishes of the people, sometimes the people are wrong, in the Brexit vote for sure, I hope this all falls apart and we can stay in the EU.

This decision was largely made by people who won't live as long to see its consequences, I for one, would like to keep an EU passport.

I wouldn't consider myself especially well informed about Brexit's development (translation: I'm not informed), but it does kind of seem like the UK's primary agenda is just getting through each day without making the decision to finally pull out of the EU.

Had she forced the vote to the floor, she would have been defeated, consequently she would likely have had to resign as Prime Minister.

This deal pleases absolutely no one so it's no surprise we've ended up at this impasse.

As much as one should respect the wishes of the people, sometimes the people are wrong, in the Brexit vote for sure, I hope this all falls apart and we can stay in the EU.

This decision was largely made by people who won't live as long to see its consequences, I for one, would like to keep an EU passport.

You would like to remain in the EU, and an EU without Brits would be missing something, IMO. So, any chance of that happening?

You would like to remain in the EU, and an EU without Brits would be missing something, IMO. So, any chance of that happening?

If I knew that I’d also pick the lottery numbers mate.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...gests-theresa-may_us_5c0e95c7e4b0edf5a3a73815

You guys understand what implications the delay on the Brexit vote has on the European economy?
On the European economy? Not much as a hard Brexit has been factored in and those that have not done so are idiots. In fact the longer this is pushed the better for the EU, as companies will move more and more jobs back into the EU.

For the UK economy it is not good.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom