• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CRT - Questions Answered

Ginger Ale

Sarcasm just spills out of here
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I wanted to post this question and answers session on here so that maybe some questions can be answered. It's been used as a political "hot topic" and I wasn't sure why there was so much push back on it. I think this video addresses the truth about CRT, and how it relates to all of us. You may have seen this before, but it's the first time I've seen it, and thought this was handled really well from both the question, and the answers side.
So, just a share thread. :)

Feel free to comment, but I'm not debating CRT in this thread, only discussing what it is, and why some people are uncomfortable about it.

I wonder how much they had to pay the two white devils to sit there for an hour and listen to that incoherent nonsense.

As I said, just sharing for people who are actually interested. That includes interested enough to spend the time.

I often find people have so much to say, without knowing what CRT is that half the time is explaining to them how they have no clue what they're talking about.

I understand why, it takes a least an hour to know.........

I wonder how much they had to pay the two white devils to sit there for an hour and listen to that incoherent nonsense.
What part did you think was incoherent nonsense? Hello? Or, "I'll answer your questions?"

I wanted to post this question and answers session on here so that maybe some questions can be answered. It's been used as a political "hot topic" and I wasn't sure why there was so much push back on it. I think this video addresses the truth about CRT, and how it relates to all of us. You may have seen this before, but it's the first time I've seen it, and thought this was handled really well from both the question, and the answers side.
So, just a share thread. :)

Feel free to comment, but I'm not debating CRT in this thread, only discussing what it is, and why some people are uncomfortable about it.

I appreciate you sharing the video.

As a question: what ages do you believe this topic would belong in public school systems?

:ROFLMAO:....says the white-grievance guy who worships every word coming from the mouths of Candice Owens, Diamond and Silk, etc.

The "reasoned" thoughts the emanate from the minds of you people is just hilariously shallow, more often than not.

They don't teach it in k-12, they teach in college, if you take it.
So you don't think that tenets of CRT are being taught at all in public schools for grades K-12?

Following that logic, you would be ok with schools 'banning' CRT because it isn't being taught anyway, correct?

So you don't think that tenets of CRT are being taught at all in public schools for grades K-12?

Following that logic, youu would be ok with schools 'banning' CRT because it isn't being taught anyway, correct?
Why would you ban something that isn't being taught? Just on principle and what is that principle?

What is the "real" meaning of that fear?

They don't teach it in k-12, they teach in college, if you take it.
Is there a difference between CRT and (example) African American studies, civil rights studies, etc. in college?

(Mind you, the last time I was in college was 2000...so there weren't "critical race theory" classes...but I did take studies on these others)

Why would you ban something that isn't being taught? Just on principle and what is that principle?

What is the "real" meaning of that fear?
I'm going to come back to this - making dinner currently so I can't give it the attention I want.

Is there a difference between CRT and (example) African American studies, civil rights studies, etc. in college?

(Mind you, the last time I was in college was 2000...so there weren't "critical race theory" classes...but I did take studies on these others)
Yes, there is a difference. She answers that within the first five min. of the video. It's a legal theory out of Harvard Law, it looks at the ways the law creates race, and the way that the law sustains inequality via racism.

There certainly was CRT in college in 2000. There was in the 60's.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:....says the white-grievance guy who worships every word coming from the mouths of Candice Owens, Diamond and Silk, etc.

The "reasoned" thoughts the emanate from the minds of you people is just hilariously shallow, more often than not.

You've got me mixed up with another poster.

You want me to explain why "whiteness as property" is incoherent? Why don't you just watch the video.
Well, you know I did watch the video. But, let me put it this way, that was your opinion, not mine, so why can't YOU understand it, and why is it nonsense to you?

Or, are you just avoiding what you cannot explain? That's fine if that's the case.

I appreciate you sharing the video.

As a question: what ages do you believe this topic would belong in public school systems?
CRT is a legal theory. It has no real place in K-12 curricula.

And no one is actually teaching it in public schools.

It's actually Critical Race LEGAL Theory.

The problem is that the term "CRT" has been hijacked and appropriated...and turned into a political wedge/tool.

This is a silly talking point.

What "tenets", precisely?

History is not a "tenet of CRT", if that's what you're getting at.

Following that logic, you would be ok with schools 'banning' CRT because it isn't being taught anyway, correct?
This is another disingenuous question.

Are you ok with teaching ALL of our American History to ALL children? YES, or NO?

The problem isn't that CRT has EVER actually been taught in schools. The problem is that white-grievance types are trying to mislabel virtually anything that "might make white people uncomfortable".....as "CRT".

First, CRT is a LAW SCHOOL class. It's not being taught in many colleges....if any.

But to answer your question....YES, there is a difference between Critical Race LEGAL Theory....and "African-American studies", etc. in college.

Critical Race LEGAL Theory.....was around long before 2000, but since it's a LAW SCHOOL course, you wouldn't have come across it under almost any circumstance.

Are you ok with teaching ALL of our American History to ALL children? YES, or NO?

The problem isn't that CRT has EVER actually been taught in schools. The problem is that white-grievance types are trying to mislabel virtually anything that "might make white people uncomfortable".....as "CRT".
This is spot on, and I'm trying to make it clear that this needs to be addressed. We can't start accepting ignorance as a basis for making rules. People should know the truth.

My problem isn’t ever what is being taught - it is WHO is teaching it and is it being taught in an age appropriate manner.

I’m not a fan of public school teachers that are backed by unions and that often lack the ability to teach from an objective point of view.

And that public school teachers, when they do teach/act inappropriately, do not face actual discipline and/or lose their jobs.

I’m not opposed to history, etc being taught - I’m extremely cautious about HOW it is being taught and WHO is teaching it.

There is a difference.

Teachers unions, IMHO, have eroded the confidence parents can have in public education.

Teacher unions are huge political campaign contributors and act with political motivations.

I don’t believe politics belongs in classrooms.

History? Yes.

Political POV? No.

It’s is a nuanced difference, but there is a difference.

No.

You're the correct poster.

You wrote:

Use the search function and quote me saying positive things about Candace Owens or Diamond and Silk. If you can't, then you obviously have the wrong poster in mind.

Back
Top Bottom