• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CRT and the end game of a cultural revolution

Underestimated

Mansplaining epistemological CRT denier
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
UC Berkeley supports #shutdownSTEM and Black Lives Matter

Berkeley was one of the last higher learning hold outs to not adopt a full Critical Race Theory policy. That has changed. Don't know what CRT is? When you hear the word "equity" by government, that's a part of CRT.

I know what you're thinking. Look chicken little telling everyone the sky is falling. I'm stating it's mainstream. If you work at a medium sized business to corporate sized job? You've had CRT training. You're in the military, you've had CRT training. You're kids at college, they've been drowned in it. You're kids in K-12, they're just starting to get it. Art, Music, Shakespeare, Science, Math, these are all dominated by whites and therefore racist in origin and concept.

Now the focus is that science, math and specifically STEM (Link to what is STEM) are inherently racist and should be removed. This discussion with Bert Weinstein, an evolutionary biologist who was cancelled and labeled racist by students at Evergreen College discusses why cancelling STEM is a bad idea. His argument is the way to uplift any social minority groups is shown to be with education and knowledge, yet the direct opposite is being done.

Shutting down STEM is basically science denial. My opinion is that if such a movement is left unchallenged, CRT will (as I believe it's purpose is to) destroy the current culture in a revolution similar to one's we've seen through history in Russia and China. That cultural revolution is necessary step for a new political system to develop and take power. <see Russia 1928-1932, see China 1966-1976>. Isn't that the point though? It's not really about racial issues, CRT as a cultural revolution is a red herring to bring about a new political order. The illogical and absurdism that math and STEM are racists because sociologically white people created them isn't the end game, it's the removal of a capitalist system in favor of a different one.

What is illogical and absurd is linking this perceived shutdown of science and math to revolution in dirt-poor ethnically homogeneous Russia and China. What is typical of system and program devised by socio-cultural similar authorship is that they reflect such in the writing and thus are not representative of minorities for lack of their participation. IQ testing is an example of such. If the programs in question are devised by a homogenous group, they are definitionally biased.

Berkeley was one of the last higher learning hold outs to not adopt a full Critical Race Theory policy. That has changed. Don't know what CRT is? When you hear the word "equity" by government, that's a part of CRT.

I know what you're thinking. Look chicken little telling everyone the sky is falling. I'm stating it's mainstream. If you work at a medium sized business to corporate sized job? You've had CRT training. You're in the military, you've had CRT training. You're kids at college, they've been drowned in it. You're kids in K-12, they're just starting to get it. Art, Music, Shakespeare, Science, Math, these are all dominated by whites and therefore racist in origin and concept.

Now the focus is that science, math and specifically STEM (Link to what is STEM) are inherently racist and should be removed. This discussion with Bert Weinstein, an evolutionary biologist who was cancelled and labeled racist by students at Evergreen College discusses why cancelling STEM is a bad idea. His argument is the way to uplift any social minority groups is shown to be with education and knowledge, yet the direct opposite is being done.

Shutting down STEM is basically science denial. My opinion is that if such a movement is left unchallenged, CRT will (as I believe it's purpose is to) destroy the current culture in a revolution similar to one's we've seen through history in Russia and China. That cultural revolution is necessary step for a new political system to develop and take power. <see Russia 1928-1932, see China 1966-1976>. Isn't that the point though? It's not really about racial issues, CRT as a cultural revolution is a red herring to bring about a new political order. The illogical and absurdism that math and STEM are racists because sociologically white people created them isn't the end game, it's the removal of a capitalist system in favor of a different one.

No, I think the people in support of the cultural revolution are sincere about there being racial disparity but trying to replace a whole social system that developed over 200 yrs, without a viable replacement, is ill-advised. There are some social injustices because we're not perfect though the responses are not in proportion. Methodical and gradual adjustments are safer and more effective than to radically dissolve critical institutions and established gov methods.

What is illogical and absurd is linking this perceived shutdown of science and math to revolution in dirt-poor ethnically homogeneous Russia and China. What is typical of system and program devised by socio-cultural similar authorship is that they reflect such in the writing and thus are not representative of minorities for lack of their participation. IQ testing is an example of such. If the programs in question are devised by a homogenous group, they are definitionally biased.

That's the purpose of CRT, the attack on sociological origin of math, of STEM, of whatever it is as done by whites then ending at the pseudo reality conclusion of SJW ethos, which states "X = White = Racist" or some version of that. There's nothing absurd about it. Cultural Revolution is a required first step to not changing just culture, but changing the political system that underlies a racist capitalist system. While I agree IQ testing is relatively useless, as useless is the CRT methodology of accepting students by Zip Code and not academic achievement because academics (meaning academics as a whole) may be considered racist methodology.

Last edited:
No, I think the people in support of the cultural revolution are sincere about there being racial disparity but trying to replace a whole social system that developed over 200 yrs, without a viable replacement, is ill-advised. There are some social injustices because we're not perfect though the responses are not in proportion. Methodical and gradual adjustments are safer and more effective than to radically dissolve critical institutions and established gov methods.

I'm not sure it's sincere. Take for example the National Museum of African American History and Culture and their "chart of whiteness". I don't believe they really think hard work, objectivity, respect for authority, and delayed gratification are against the black culture. They just saw an opportunity to attack white culture, without thinking of what they were really doing - attacking black culture. Even more, delayed gratification is a universal good and one of the best ways to predict success in any culture. How could that be a sincere "attack".

I do agree with you, though, that taking things gradually with a (sincere) plan, is the best.

I'm not sure it's sincere. Take for example the National Museum of African American History and Culture and their "chart of whiteness". I don't believe they really think hard work, objectivity, respect for authority, and delayed gratification are against the black culture. They just saw an opportunity to attack white culture, without thinking of what they were really doing - attacking black culture. Even more, delayed gratification is a universal good and one of the best ways to predict success in any culture. How could that be a sincere "attack".

I do agree with you, though, that taking things gradually with a (sincere) plan, is the best.

Oh, I believe that they believe there's a hugely serious problem with racism. I agree that it exists to some degree, though not on the scale being perceived. People's priorities are all askew and in there lies the real problem.

Oh, I believe that they believe there's a hugely serious problem with racism. I agree that it exists to some degree, though not on the scale being perceived. People's priorities are all askew and in there lies the real problem.

There are legitimate issues with race, specifically I think with African Americans and Indigenous Peoples. Legitimate historical grievances. The use of CRT however is not the methodology to bring change to address those grievances. For example, California removes anti-discrimination language in the state constitution. Why? Because equity (not equality) must level the playing field and equity means some races will be discriminated against to the benefit of others. Equity is an essential part of modern CRT.

There are legitimate issues with race, specifically I think with African Americans and Indigenous Peoples. Legitimate historical grievances. The use of CRT however is not the methodology to bring change to address those grievances. For example, California removes anti-discrimination language in the state constitution. Why? Because equity (not equality) must level the playing field and equity means some races will be discriminated against to the benefit of others. Equity is an essential part of modern CRT.

Well, there have been decades of corporations using their political and financial leverage to abuse minorities and low-income earners. I think CRT is confusing non-racial elitism with ethnic culturalism.

All crime and injustices are a result of free will, which is by itself paramount to protect. Throughout history, despots have used social ills to gain power and that's what's being attempted by the two main political factions. They no longer want to have just majority rule in a democratic gov, they want total say in legislating only their ideas.

This is an evolutionary step backward.

Well, there have been decades of corporations using their political and financial leverage to abuse minorities and low-income earners. I think CRT is confusing non-racial elitism with ethnic culturalism.
I think your charge of political abuses apply prior maybe 1970 (post EEO laws, specifically Equal Rights Act of 1964) but we know that many skirted the laws, especially the Equal Pay Act 1963 and some still do including female owned businesses.

All crime and injustices are a result of free will, which is by itself paramount to protect. Throughout history, despots have used social ills to gain power and that's what's being attempted by the two main political factions. They no longer want to have just majority rule in a democratic gov, they want total say in legislating only their ideas.

This is an evolutionary step backward.
Agreed! This is about power and who gets to wield that power singularly, not really about racial grievance.

Do I have this correct? These are events which include a DAY OFF from the named activities (STEM and ACADEMIA) to devote time to study on how they can be more inclusive, yes?
So these are one-off day-off events designed to stimulate conversation and search for solutions, yes?

I think your charge of political abuses apply prior maybe 1970 (post EEO laws, specifically Equal Rights Act of 1964) but we know that many skirted the laws, especially the Equal Pay Act 1963 and some still do including female owned businesses.

Agreed! This is about power and who gets to wield that power singularly, not really about racial grievance.

Nah, both parties have been corrupted by big campaign donations, special interests, and lobbyists for decades.

Cancel Culture, Wokeness, #Me Too, Social Justice Warriors, BLM, Antifa, QAnon, it's something new every day.
And yes, it's about control.

That chart that everyone points too.... this is how I read it.

That the positive traits of hard work, objectivity, etc are attributed automatically to being white while other groups have to earn those attributes.

That chart that everyone points too.... this is how I read it.

That the positive traits of hard work, objectivity, etc are attributed automatically to being white while other groups have to earn those attributes.

I understand what you are saying and you are welcome to read it that way, but that is not what I see.

What I see is them claiming these things are aspects of white culture. White culture is dominant in America. They indirectly say that these things don't come naturally to black individuals/culture and black people that do take part in these attributes have internalized white culture.

But, again.. You don't have to agree.

That's the purpose of CRT, the attack on sociological origin of math, of STEM, of whatever it is as done by whites then ending at the pseudo reality conclusion of SJW ethos, which states "X = White = Racist" or some version of that. There's nothing absurd about it. Cultural Revolution is a required first step to not changing just culture, but changing the political system that underlies a racist capitalist system. While I agree IQ testing is relatively useless, as useless is the CRT methodology of accepting students by Zip Code and not academic achievement because academics (meaning academics as a whole) may be considered racist methodology.

It is definitional that a group of one kind that devises a system, it will be bias against a group of a much diff kind. Until such system reflect the proportionate input of a socio-cultural representative group , it is biased.

It is definitional that a group of one kind that devises a system, it will be bias against a group of a much diff kind. Until such system reflect the proportionate input of a socio-cultural representative group , it is biased.
Of which kind of socio-cultural group? I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that it's definitional either. Can you elaborate?

Of which kind of socio-cultural group? I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that it's definitional either. Can you elaborate?

All kinds. Every kind. That's why there must be a representative group of all society participating in construction of any program that is meant, or should be meant, for the whole of the public. Everybody brings there own bias to what they do. Therefor, you must have all kinds participating or those not involved will be overcome by the preponderance of other bias.

Sociocultural biases and discrimination
Microsoft Word - 0342620E.doc (un.org)

All kinds. Every kind. That's why there must be a representative group of all society participating in construction of any program that is meant, or should be meant, for the whole of the public. Everybody brings there own bias to what they do. Therefor, you must have all kinds participating or those not involved will be overcome by the preponderance of other bias.
I can agree that bias is intrinsic in the human condition yet the type of group not all, not any, of that representative group will provide positive outcomes either to the individual and group dynamic. I'm not sure where participation requirements prevails over bias vs. nonparticipation. How is that relevant? I'd also ask how one will overcome FAE whether internal or external to the socio-cultural groups?

I can agree that bias is intrinsic in the human condition yet the type of group not all, not any, of that representative group will provide positive outcomes either to the individual and group dynamic. I'm not sure where participation requirements prevails over bias vs. nonparticipation. How is that relevant? I'd also ask how one will overcome FAE whether internal or external to the socio-cultural groups?

Of course, one cannot be sure that participation requirement is better than nonparticipation because we’ve never had the former. It not relevant because it has never existed. What we do know is that “as is” isn’t working.

People, by various study, tend to form in-groups of likeness that persist even when in mixed company. Hence, not to disagree that participation requirement eliminates bias from the development of a given program or system, but that at least each bias has representation.

Overcoming one's own bias tends to be generational change as the development of the bias and the change is within the family, overt or not. That family is influenced by society, meaning the more that program and system reflect participation of all, though there will be pushback, the more normal and usual, the more OK, what is the bias against and thus acceptable.

Actually, I'm thinking "rabid partisan sees red at the mere mention of 'structural racism.'"

I'm stating it's mainstream.
UC Berkely is mainstream? 😂

If you work at a medium sized business to corporate sized job? You've had CRT training.
darth-vader-no-gif-1.gif

I've been through that kind of training. It's not "CRT training." Good grief.

Art, Music, Shakespeare, Science, Math, these are all dominated by whites and therefore racist in origin and concept.
Good grief. No. That isn't what is taught in the workplace, military or schools. Get a freaking clue.

Now the focus is that science, math and specifically STEM (Link to what is STEM) are inherently racist and should be removed.
What fresh bullshit is this?

This discussion with Bert Weinstein, an evolutionary biologist who was cancelled and labeled racist by students at Evergreen College discusses why cancelling STEM is a bad idea.
What is wrong with you?

No school has "canceled STEM." Even Evergreen, which is probably the most extreme left school in the US, hasn't shut down any of its science departments.

And since you blatantly missed it: They weren't mad at Weinstein because he taught biology. They were mad at him because he did not support a call for whites to voluntarily join an annual day of protest where minority students and faculty stay off campus for one day. The idea that "they shouted down Weinstein, therefore they want to shut down STEM," is incredibly wrong, biased and misleading.

My opinion is that if such a movement is left unchallenged, CRT will (as I believe it's purpose is to) destroy the current culture in a revolution similar to one's we've seen through history in Russia and China.
Your opinion is also blatantly tendentious, biased and partisan.

Dude. It's not 1972. The Weather Underground is out of business. The CPUSA is not winning at the ballot box. If anything, the real threat right now is from the extreme right, not the extreme left.

You also clearly have no idea what Mao's Cultural Revolution was actually like. It was a totalitarian state that instigated attacks on traditional Chinese and western cultural artifacts, but was really a cover for a political purge that killed millions, and imprisoned millions more.

The idea that the US is heading for anything remotely along the lines of the Cultural Revolution, or Soviet revolution, because a bunch of students at Evergreen got pissed at a prof over a day of protest, is flat-out insane.

Got any more fake claims?

Last edited:

"Oh noes...da Blehks!"

Visbek said:
Actually, I'm thinking "rabid partisan sees red at the mere mention of 'structural racism.'"
That's because you project often.

Visbek said:
I've been through that kind of training. It's not "CRT training." Good grief.
Projection + denial. Two for two.

Visbek said:
Good grief. No. That isn't what is taught in the workplace, military or schools. Get a freaking clue.
Because you're experience reflects all experiences. Laughable.

Visbek said:
What fresh bullshit is this?
If it's bullshit, you brought it with you.

Visbek said:
What is wrong with you?
I know I know. I use logic and facts. Shame on me.

New: https://science.mit.edu/shutdownstem/
Old: https://caarpweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Charleston-Adserias-Lang-Jackson-2014.pdf

Visbek said:
Your opinion is also blatantly tendentious, biased and partisan.
When you cannot debate (and you cannot at all) you accuse. It's very tedious.

Visbek said:
Got any more fake claims?
Fake claims? Yes. That I enjoy replying to your posts, you are an amazing intellect of the ages.
[/QUOTE]

That's because you project often.
lol... Riiiiiiiight

Projection + denial. Two for two.
LOL

Of the two of us, which was in the room when my company was given the training? Oh, wait, you read in an article somewhere that Robin DiAngelo thinks "all whites are racists," therefore all training is like that, and is a Sekrit Plot to start a Communist revolution. 😂

Anyway. No, the trainer does not say, or even imply, something like "all whites are irredeemably racist." Anything even remotely along those lines would literally violate the same harassment laws they are teaching people to follow. Good grief.

If it's bullshit, you brought it with you.
lol... No, it's just your own BS. To wit: Your "proof" of a huge national conspiracy to shut down STEM is...

• An MIT protest to increase diversity and reject racism in the sciences with... a ONE-DAY sit-out of all MIT activities.

• A study which tries to figure out how the intersection of racism and sexism has likely contributed to African-American women in STEM. As in, the goal is to increase the number of African-American women in the sciences. Do you see that as an existential threat to science? 🤨

That's it? That's all you've got? Seriously? What next -- is a one-day strike by taxi drivers over wages actually a secret plot to destroy all gas-powered autos, rip up the streets, and force everyone to use hand-drawn carts? Where do you think you're posting this codswallop, www.patriots.win ?

Neither of these things, in any way shape or form, is trying to actually kill off any STEM studies at all.

That kind of misleading, irrational nonsense is why I often wind up calling you out on your misleading, irrational nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom