• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CRT - a Democratic response

Talk is cheap. Show me the evidence of this or give it a rest. The complex topics that you described are not something a freaking 10 year old, 14 year old, or 18 year old are going to be discussing in school.

You've got absolutely nothing and you know it.
You really don’t know what you’re talking about.

:rolleyes:...Oh, geez...this is going to be even easier than I imagined. I didn't actually believe you'd trot out that NEA memo, given the way all of the attacks on it have been discredited over the last few months.

That memo is NOT an example of CRT. It's an example of an effort to support accurate studies of history. It's a resolution affirming the commitment to the honest teaching of social studies topics, including truthful and age-appropriate accountings of American history, including slavery, Jim Crow, examples of discrimination of native-Americans and other people of color, etc.

In other words, that NEA memo is NOT a call to teach CRT (which is a LEGAL THEORY) in K-12 classrooms.

So, you're doing what every other rightwinger is doing with regard to CRT.....i.e. you're demagoguing it.

Nat, your argument is that CRT has been/is being taught to "our children" in K-12 schools in this country. So, Nat, please show us the "proof" that CRT has been taught....in ANY public school......ANYWHERE in this country. That NEA memo isn't it. And you know it.

Again I must ask you....Do you really understand what CRT is (and is NOT)? Would it help you to refer to CRT by it's original title (i.e. Critical Race LEGAL Theory)?
  • Now, please show me the LEGAL theories that you people insist are being forced on "our children" in public schools.
  • Please show me the LEGAL theories that are teaching your "white children" to be ashamed of being white.
  • Please explain to us how teaching ACCURATE history about slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights, etc.. etc......is harmful to the psyches of white children?
  • Please explain to us how teaching ACCURATE history is "racist" or "divisive" in any way.
  • Please explain to us why white children are so "special" that they should be shielded from their own history as Americans.

:ROFLMAO:..."inspired by CRT's princple of white oppression everywhere"???

Says whom?

You?

Your personal opinions are not the issue, here, Nat. That proposed math text guideline may be a lot of things, but it has NOTHING to do with CRT.

Once again, you are not allowed to make up your definition for CRT, Nat.

CRT is a well-defined, well-studied, well-respected LEGAL theory. It's not "anti-racism". It's not "white people are bad". It's not any of the nonsense that you white-grievance people PRETEND (or just lie) it to be.

:LOL:....umm...yeah, ok.

I'll just respond by saying...you're trying too hard, Nat.

I think there is a very good reason why you (and white-grievance types in general) continue to attack CRT, but duck, dodge and dissemble when challenged to actually DEFINE CRT.

Don't delude yourself, my friend.

I have no real interest in actually convincing you to hush up. As we move forward, I'll be using your words and your avoidance as tools to discredit your and your white-grievance arguments.

Again, your argument is that CRT is being/has been taught in our public schools.

My argument is that the above is an ignorant (or bigoted) lie....AND....that you (and people like you) really don't even understand what CRT is (and what it is NOT).

So far, I'm proving my point. And, if you keep dodging my challenge to define CRT and list ACTUAL examples of it being taught in public schools (as I expect you will).... you'll be helping me do it.
A long and clueless post.

Literally, the nation’s largest public teachers union votes in favor of a resolution to both advocated for CRT and have it influence classroom instruction and you still argue no one is advocating for CRT in schools.

Willful idiocy.

This is some high-level stupidity, here, Nat.

You clearly do not understand what CRT is...and is not. Which is typical of most right-wingers who have succumbed to this, the latest, phony conspiracy theory. So, I must say that it is with a great deal of amusement that I see you attempting to label another poster on this board as "ignorant".

CRT is not being taught in ANY K-12 school, anywhere.

CRT "principles"...is the kind of weasel bullshit that white-grievance types use to lump (literally) every discussion of race/racism into the "CRT" boogieman topic.

There are no aspect of CRT being taught in public/grade schools ANYWHERE in this country.

Don't say dumb things, and then pretend that OTHERS are "ignorant".

No, they have not. This is a lie.

What has been "documented" by people like you, here on DP, are lies and distortions that have NOTHING to do with CRT.

So either you (and people like you) are just IGNORANT about what CRT is (and is NOT).....or you are all just a bunch of dishonest righties trying to justify your ignorant white-grievance ideology.

:ROFLMAO:....neither you, nor @Rickeroo can win that debate. And I think you both know that.

So...if you even bother to try defending it, you'll do what people like you always do when intellectually challenged. You'll lie and obfuscate.

But I'm more than willing, if either of you two are.

Let's go. Post your arguments, Nat.

Or....hush up.
To be honest, you are the one who sounds like they are Lying and obfuscating.

I'll be working a CRT/schools project and posting the results on DP.

- Identifying buzzwords and "nouveau" terminology to aid in recognizing CRT. Since CRT is a social/political contrivance (movement), it's fast evolving and it's trying to find which way is up.

- Identifying the demographics and academic performance of the school systems that have CRT
An astute observation. CRT, now developing a richly deserved negative connotation, will no doubt be repackaged and rebranded.

An astute observation. CRT, now developing a richly deserved negative connotation, will no doubt be repackaged and rebranded.

Another angle could be "how" schools are engaging with CRT, which would be harder to determine. I'm sure there are hardcore districts like Chicago Public Schools that fully understand what CRT is, and are pretty forceful with their rhetoric, using terms like "structural racialization", "whiteness". "white rage", "antiblackness" and "white supremacy culture".

I theorize that there are other (whiter) districts that view CRT more as a social nicety, more like a slogan. These districts might use less vehement language, as the goal is more about showing the world how nice they are.

Another angle could be "how" schools are engaging with CRT, which would be harder to determine. I'm sure there are hardcore districts like Chicago Public Schools that fully understand what CRT is, and are pretty forceful with their rhetoric, using terms like "structural racialization", "whiteness". "white rage", "antiblackness" and "white supremacy culture".

I theorize that there are other (whiter) districts that view CRT more as a social nicety, more like a slogan. These districts might use less vehement language, as the goal is more about showing the world how nice they are.
There's definitely a spectrum of interpretation, but at the end of the day it's all fruit from the poison tree.

A long and clueless post.
:ROFLMAO:....he says, as he tries desperately to DODGE the direct questions and challenges to his baseless arguments.

I'll ask you again (since you're now in full retreat/avoidance mode):
--@NatMorton, do you really understand what CRT is (and is NOT)? Would it help you to refer to CRT by it's original title (i.e. Critical Race LEGAL Theory)?
  • Now, please show me the LEGAL theories that you people insist are being forced on "our children" in public schools.
  • Please show me the LEGAL theories that are teaching your "white children" to be ashamed of being white.
  • Please explain to us how teaching ACCURATE history about slavery, Jim Crow, Civil Rights, etc.. etc......is harmful to the psyches of white children?
  • Please explain to us how teaching ACCURATE history is "racist" or "divisive" in any way.
  • Please explain to us why white children are so "special" that they should be shielded from their own history as Americans.
It's time for you to start backing up your baseless arguments in this thread....or, admit they were just moronic rightwing talking points, and then hush up about 'em.
Literally, the nation’s largest public teachers union votes in favor of a resolution to both advocated for CRT
They voted, huh?

Please post the results of that "vote", for us, Nat. And then show me were CRT has EVER been actually taught in a K-12 classroom, as you have claimed (i.e. lied).

Or (once again).....hush up and stop lying with every new post.

Again, YOUR argument....,I repeat, YOUR ARGUMENT is that CRT is has been and/or is being taught in public schools in this country. It is your RESPONSIBILITY to back up that dishonest, moronic point of view.

You won't do it....because you CAN'T do it....because it's A MORONIC, WHITE-GRIEVANCE LIE....and you know it. And, what's more, NO OTHER RIGHTY on this board will step forward to back it up, either. Because, deep down, all of you WHITE-GRIEVANCE types know that you're lying.

You just don't care....because....well, that's part of being who and what you people really are.

And now, everyone else reading this thread understand that, too.

and have it influence classroom instruction and you still argue no one is advocating for CRT in schools.
Stop lying.

Or, show me where I've ever stated, or even suggested, the above.

So now you're trying to shift the goal-posts to argue that some people are "advocating" in favor of teaching CRT in schools, huh? Tell me, Nat....WHAT HAPPENED to you? Why can't you provide ANY evidence to back up your moronic claims about CRT being taught in schools right now, huh?

The entire White-grievance crowd really is pathetic, the way it's followers lie in order to justify their (i.e. your) repugnant, moronic ideology of entitlement and perpetual fake-victimhood.

Willful idiocy.
I'm glad you said it, because that's exactly what your entire ideology is all about.

Now, at least, you can't accuse me of name-calling.

You people lie like you breath. And, when confronted, you all do the same thing: you run from questions and dodge, deflect or dissemble in order to change the subject.

And this thread certainly illustrates that.

You really should consider trying to just own up to your real views, Nat.

Gutless/nutless bigotry is even less respectable than proud bigotry, my friend.

:ROFLMAO:....he says, as he tries desperately to DODGE the direct questions and challenges to his baseless arguments.

I'll ask you again (since you're now in full retreat/avoidance mode):
--@NatMorton, do you really understand what CRT is (and is NOT)? Would it help you to refer to CRT by it's original title (i.e. Critical Race LEGAL Theory)?
It's time for you to start backing up your baseless arguments in this thread....or, admit they were just moronic rightwing talking points, and then hush up about 'em.

They voted, huh?

Please post the results of that "vote", for us, Nat. And then show me were CRT has EVER been actually taught in a K-12 classroom, as you have claimed (i.e. lied).

Or (once again).....hush up and stop lying with every new post.

Again, YOUR argument....,I repeat, YOUR ARGUMENT is that CRT is has been and/or is being taught in public schools in this country. It is your RESPONSIBILITY to back up that dishonest, moronic point of view.

You won't do it....because you CAN'T do it....because it's A MORONIC, WHITE-GRIEVANCE LIE....and you know it. And, what's more, NO OTHER RIGHTY on this board will step forward to back it up, either. Because, deep down, all of you WHITE-GRIEVANCE types know that you're lying.

You just don't care....because....well, that's part of being who and what you people really are.

And now, everyone else reading this thread understand that, too.

Stop lying.

Or, show me where I've ever stated, or even suggested, the above.

So now you're trying to shift the goal-posts to argue that some people are "advocating" in favor of teaching CRT in schools, huh? Tell me, Nat....WHAT HAPPENED to you? Why can't you provide ANY evidence to back up your moronic claims about CRT being taught in schools right now, huh?

The entire White-grievance crowd really is pathetic, the way it's followers lie in order to justify their (i.e. your) repugnant, moronic ideology of entitlement and perpetual fake-victimhood.

I'm glad you said it, because that's exactly what your entire ideology is all about.

Now, at least, you can't accuse me of name-calling.

You people lie like you breath. And, when confronted, you all do the same thing: you run from questions and dodge, deflect or dissemble in order to change the subject.

And this thread certainly illustrates that.

You really should consider trying to just own up to your real views, Nat.

Gutless/nutless bigotry is even less respectable than proud bigotry, my friend.
I have supported the claims I made. Your questions -- which are unrelated to my claims -- are inane thus a waste of time.

To be honest, you are the one who sounds like they are Lying and obfuscating.
:ROFLMAO:...really? Well, it's not surprising that you would believe that. To most conservatives these days, facts and truth are entirely relative...all a matter of which opinion one chooses to trust. And that's because you people base almost all of your views on OPINIONS you see, read or hear from people who already share your ideology.

Fortunately, for those who care about the truth, it's easy to point out that there are exactly ZERO examples of CRT actually being taught in ANY public school....ANWHERE in the U.S......EVER.

It's a LIE. There is ZERO evidence that CRT is being taught....or has EVER been taught....in public schools ANYWHERE. Period. Full Stop.

And anyone arguing otherwise is either a fool, a liar...or is obligated to provide objective FACTS to prove otherwise.

But hey, why not prove me a liar, rather than just belch out an empty, moronic retort like the above, huh? Show me some examples of CRT being taught in public schools.

If you can't do that (and we both know you can't), let's just agree that you fall into one of above mentioned categories.

Again. the bottom line (whether someone like you wants to believe it, or not), is that the entire CRT narrative is a LIE....a scam.....created to serve as just the latest FAKE "liberal scandal" by people who LIE and GRIFT for a living. And people like you trust and believe in those kinds of people.....and support those charlatans with your dollars.....and then come on message boards like this one and try to convince others to believe the fact-free lies.

What this shows is how people who think their opinions and feelings are akin to "facts" and "the truth"......really have no choice but to perpetuate and promote mindless conspiracy theories in order to justify their own ignorance.

I have supported the claims I made.
Stop lying, please.

You've supported nothing, and you know it.

As I noted previously, neither you nor @Rickeroo will do a damn thing when challenged to present actual examples of CRT being taught in schools (as you both claimed).

You have not.....because you cannot....and you know it. There is ZERO evidence of CRT being taught in schools. Period.

To argue, or even suggest otherwise....is to be a liar, or a fool.

At least @Rickeroo had the sense to avoid the direct challenge after being called out.

Your questions -- which are unrelated to my claims -- are inane thus a waste of time.
Weak, dumb response.

If CRT is being taught in school, AS YOU CLAIM....each of those questions/challenges is not only relevant, but easily addressed.

You're running from the questions because you know you can't back up your argument.

Address them now, or admit you got caught backing another moronic, fact-free, rightwing lie, and you're just too shamed to admit it.

Last edited:
Fortunately, for those who care about the truth, it's easy to point out that there are exactly ZERO examples of CRT actually being taught in ANY public school....ANWHERE in the U.S......EVER.

Essentially, CRT states that the entire social and legal structure in the US benefits whites at the expense of Blacks. The definition of CRT is as follows, feel free to Google the statement below:

The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power.

Far from merely analyzing race from a legal standpoint, CRT has come to a conclusion from that analysis and seeks to transform the power dynamic with activism. Related topics are whiteness as property, racial justice, and white supremacy via white privilege. "Equity" is also a clue that CRT concepts will be found within. You'll find that school systems that embrace CRT will have it as a framework or a toolkit. Teachers are to consider their own race and their student's race when in the classroom via an Equity Rubric.

It's fairly easy to determine a school district's involvement with CRT - Chicago Public Schools is one of the best examples.

Quote the claim, please. I'd like to demonstrate to everyone who is lying.
Re-read my post # 47, in response to your post #46.....and then get back to me with a proper apology.

Oh, and......btw....recognize this guy (circa August 2021)?:
It's a hot button issue..... it's a politically motivated, irrational, racist, and divisive theory that's being pushed in public schools in one form or another.
This is (and has been) your stated point of view, Nat. But it's a LIE that you KNOW you can't back up.

So, are you now claiming that CRT is NOT being taught in public schools?

Stop running from my questions. They are simple and direct. Answer them.

Next time you think about lying to me....think again.

Re-read my post # 47, in response to your post #46.....and then get back to me with a proper apology.

Oh, and......btw....recognize this guy (circa August 2021)?:

This is (and has been) your stated point of view, Nat. But it's a LIE that you KNOW you can't back up.

So, are you now claiming that CRT is NOT being taught in public schools?

Stop running from my questions. They are simple and direct. Answer them.

Next time you think about lying to me....think again.
My wording in post #46, emphasis added "here's proof of an effort to have CRT influence K-12 lesson plans"

I did not claim CRT is being taught (as a theory) in schools.

QED: you are wrong (again.) But this will, of course, surprise no one.

Essentially, CRT states that the entire social and legal structure in the US benefits whites at the expense of Blacks.
This is close. Racism is structural and ordinary, rather than "the exception to the rule" in our society.

But that's not all. Not by a long shot.

The definition of CRT is as follows, feel free to Google the statement below:

The critical race theory (CRT) movement is a collection of activists and scholars interested in studying and transforming the relationship among race, racism, and power.
No need for me to use "the Google". I'm very familiar with Richard Delgado's writings and work.

And you're conflating different things, Rick.

And that's not a definition of CRT. It's a description of what Delgado calls the "CRT Movement"....which has NOTHING to do with whether, or not, CRT (a legal theory) is being taught in public grade schools anywhere.

Far from merely analyzing race from a legal standpoint, CRT has come to a conclusion from that analysis and seeks to transform the power dynamic with activism.
You meant to say that you believe the "CRT Movement" is engaged in such activism.

Again, NOT the same thing. If your argument, like Nat's, is that CRT is being taught in grade schools....you need to be show a couple of things:
  • -examples of CRT (the graduate-level legal theory) being taught in grade schools
  • -that you are NOT using "CRT" as a catch-all boogieman to rebrand any/every mention of race and/or racism as part of "CRT".
In the case of the former, you will NOT be able to do so (because it's never happened). And in the case of the latter, you will find yourself unable to do so, as well.
  • Talking about racism or even systemic racism in the classroom is NOT CRT.
  • Talking about the effects of racism in the classroom is NOT CRT.
  • Talking about the ENTIRE history of our country (including things that "portray white people in a negative light"...as some CRT opponents have put it).....is NOT CRT.
  • Talking about parts of American history that might "make white kids feel bad"....is NOT CRT.
  • etc. etc. etc.
What the white-grievance crowd seeks to do is rebrand almost EVERY academic exposure or discussion that involves race or racism under the "CRT" brand. And the reasons for that are obvious.