• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Crown to cuffs: Former Miss Kentucky arrested for 'sending topless pics to minor'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.rt.com/usa/445977-beauty-queen-topless-photos-minor/

One might expect that a beauty queen and teacher would be a great source for positive messages. However, a former Miss Kentucky has reportedly been caught sending out something else - nude photos to a 15-year-old boy.

Ramsey Bearse, a 28-year-old school teacher, traded her tiara for handcuffs on Friday after being arrested and charged with four felony counts of distributing or displaying obscene matter to a minor.
======================================
Twenty years in the slammer for texting topless pix? The penalty seems more outrageous than the crime.

It is excessive, but a 28-year-old teacher should know better. Unsure we should be all that sympathetic.

Oh well, now he can go back to looking at nude photos on tumblr reddit.

It is excessive, but a 28-year-old teacher should know better. Unsure we should be all that sympathetic.

Adult teachers having sexual desires towards teen students is fairly common.

One might expect that a beauty queen and teacher would be a great source for positive messages. However, a former Miss Kentucky has reportedly been caught sending out something else - nude photos to a 15-year-old boy.

Ramsey Bearse, a 28-year-old school teacher, traded her tiara for handcuffs on Friday after being arrested and charged with four felony counts of distributing or displaying obscene matter to a minor.
Twenty years in the slammer for texting topless pix? The penalty seems more outrageous than the crime.

Pix or it didn't happen!

She messed up but it's just stupid to prosecute this woman on sending "obscene" photos. We can all Google and find topless images of the First Lady.

Unfortunately it is. I knew of 2 classmates who had sex with teachers whilst in HS (out of a class of 99). One I am certain of, the other was of rumor, but credible. One was a female teacher, one was a male teacher.

Unfortunately it is. I knew of 2 classmates who had sex with teachers whilst in HS (out of a class of 99). One I am certain of, the other was of rumor, but credible. One was a female teacher, one was a male teacher.

I don't care how you bring 'em as long as you bring 'em young.

Twenty years in the slammer for texting topless pix?
I very much doubt it. 20 years will be the maximum sentence possible for four counts of "distributing or displaying obscene matter to a minor". With a guilty plea (as seems likely) and given the comparatively minor nature of the images as described it'd be all but impossible for her to receive the maximum, even with her position as a teacher counting against her.

It's worth noting that the hack who wrote the piece will be perfectly aware of all of this but, as is common in their corrupt industry, intentionally quoted the maximum sentence with no caveats is just one of their tricks to catch our interest. In short, anything in the news that triggers an instinctive reaction like that should always make you stop and think about what you're actually being told. :cool:

Topless pics are obscene in Kentucky? They still prosecute antiquated laws like that? Hell, in most civilized places a woman can walk topless down the street. Anyone who considers bare breasts obscene is just a step away from requiring women to cover their hair. A woman should be allowed to be topless anywhere a man is allowed to be.

Last edited:

Maybe so, but ACTING on it is a whole different story. Nowadays, YES, she should have known better.

Topless pics are obscene in Kentucky? They still prosecute antiquated laws like that? Hell, in most civilized places a woman can walk topless down the street. Anyone who considers bare breasts obscene is just a step away from requiring women to cover their hair. A woman should be allowed to be topless anywhere a man is allowed to be.

Just as in the debate for legalizing marijuana, it is illegal now to do what she did. Therefore, getting arrested for it should be no surprise.

She's not going to get 20 years in prison

What I find most alarming is Kentucky's low standards for their state beauty champion. She is not that good looking...

Just as in the debate for legalizing marijuana, it is illegal now to do what she did. Therefore, getting arrested for it should be no surprise.

Bad laws need to be defied. That's how they get changed.
Not, you understand, that I approve of her sending those pics to a child, but the law needs to be defied.

Nude beaches are very common in the Carribean & in southern Europe. When I was on vacation on St. Martin we happened on the nude beach section in front of our hotel. I peeled my trunks right off but the woman with me was too up tight to strip.

Funny thing was when I walked up to the beach bar to order a rum punch. The young guy tending bar had on shorts (health rules?). It was unmistakable to see his eyes shift down to check out my 'package' as I walked up. Funny. I'm sure it was either an involuntary reflex on his part or he was gay & was 'sizing' me up.

What makes me think Ms Bearse is a devout christian and a far right conservative trump supporter. And when she is released from jail she will run for office as a republican and win in a landslide. Cos it is better to have a pedophile rather than a democrat. Right Roy Moore supporters?

What I find most alarming is Kentucky's low standards for their state beauty champion. She is not that good looking...

She's 28. She would have competed when she was younger. And with the right amount of make up , even non-attractive women can look beautiful.

Having said that, I do not condone adults sending young children nude pictures of themselves especially adults in positions of trust eg. teacher, doctor, judge, politician (scratch that last one).

ramsey1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom