• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Crop Dusting the "Blues"

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Today as I awoke and read my morning paper, The Oregonian, I was informed that the FBI recently contacted pilots of crop dusters and warned them to be "on the lookout." There's a concern the terrorist may steal a crop duster and use it to spread bio-weapons in an attack. This is not a new warning and the article made that clear. There were tones, however, in the article that implied, basically, "geez, only four years for them to get around to this." It didn't come out and say it, but that was the tone. The Oregonian is a Liberal paper with a capital L. This idea that it's taken the FBI, i.e. the Bush Admin., three years to "get around" to this is a completely inaccurate assessment. I'm a pilot (private, not a crop duster but I know several guys who are) and I can tell you first hand I've contacted, several times in person, by mail and phone since 9-11 with warnings and requests for info regarding "suspicious activity." These contacts have come from the FAA, the FBI and the Office of Homeland Security. They're a lot like the ones I get regarding my Fereral Firearms Licence. It turns out when you sell guns or fly planes in this country the government wants you to be on the lookout for certain things, this is nothing new people.

I've made no bones about it on here or anywhere else that I'm no fan of the Bush Whitehouse. But this crap that the left likes to spew that the entire government, or he for that matter, is somehow incompetent when it comes to the war on terror is just that "crap." We've gotten to a point in this country where everything is all or nothing, black and white, right or wrong. If you're on the Left- George W. Bush- Moron and everything about him, his admin. and the government he's now the leader of is completely incapable of doing anyhting right. That's it- it's toxic. If you're on the the Right- George W. Bush strong, courageous leader, capable of making the gusty, tough decessions in an ever changing difficult world. As far as the Rights concerned W. could pour gasoline on orphans on the Whitehouse lawn and light them on fire and he would have, no doubt, saved us from future terrorists. As far as the Left concerned he could personally take command of a hijacked plane saving it's passengers from certain death and he would have undoubtably killed innocent foreign students who simply yearned to be free.

Until "We" start waking up and realizing that the stuff we're listening too, be it right or left, and is all spin, aimed to "rally the base" well then we are in for some long hard times people.

:applaud

Damn fine point.

I remember 3 years ago when a kid took a cesna (sp?) in forida and flew it into a building. It made big news as they were on the lookout before the incident.

Your right, this is nothing new as far as small crop dusters after 911.

I hope that this board will allow me (little greedy I guess) to be able to see the middle of the road. Maybe, a few people will join me in that plight. Like you, I make no bones about which political spectrum I fall. Sometimes these 4 eyes do not see what is really there - sometimes due to the media - sometimes due to my ignorance. If it is something that is not absolute, I normally tend toward the conservative side.

vauge said:
:applaud

Damn fine point.

I remember 3 years ago when a kid took a cesna (sp?) in forida and flew it into a building. It made big news as they were on the lookout before the incident.

Your right, this is nothing new as far as small crop dusters after 911.

I hope that this board will allow me (little greedy I guess) to be able to see the middle of the road. Maybe, a few people will join me in that plight. Like you, I make no bones about which political spectrum I fall. Sometimes these 4 eyes do not see what is really there - sometimes due to the media - sometimes due to my ignorance. If it is something that is not absolute, I normally tend toward the conservative side.
Don't know if it's the news or the parties, or what? Porbably on a whole a little of all combined. But Let's face it- it's just so damn easy to see what you want to see- isn't?

Back
Top Bottom